Tattoo policy changing

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I sort of believe that the changing beard/appearance guidelines are basically relaxed so they can bring in a seemingly never-ending supply of 22.4 drivers who never make it through progression before they quit and they can start someone new at the bottom rate.
There may be some truth to that....

But I have a few 224 mafia members here covered in ink...

Neck and hands included...

Who can cover a route better than some of the college grads who squeeze thru.

jimdandy3

Impeach Hunter Biden
Face tats ok? When do you stop?
Ok boomer........

1617678388966.png

DOK

My managers from the 80’s and 90’s would be losing their minds. It’s nice to be apart of these changes but also difficult at the same time.

jimdandy3

Impeach Hunter Biden
What is the difference between arms covered and that? A tattoo is a tattoo. How do you walk that fine line? I say you can't. Once you open the door, that's it.
Agreed. I am old enough to remember when only bikers and greasers had tattoos. I blame reality TV.

Integrity

Binge Poster
How do you discriminate areas tattooed? One visually displayed tattoo from one body part is ok and not another?

I smell lawsuit!
I really think this is problematic as well.

I think it not only a bad move to discriminate in this way it is also wrong.

Tattoos are such a personal and artistic expression that I think to judge an individual by the manner in which they express themselves is going to cause Big Brown some problems.

IMO

The only limit should be limiting tattoos that contain words or images that violate UPS Professional Conduct and Anti-Harassment Policy.

I have no tattoos my wife has none, nor do we encourage tattoos as a means of artistic expression but we support and appreciate everyone’s right to choose in this area and I really appreciate some of the fine art work that some of my family and friends have chosen to express themselves in this way.

WeAreAllGoingToMakeIt

It's a question of professionality.

And appearance is just the tip of the iceberg.
Proper language and behavior are also casualties under this new model.

UPS's drivers are paid massively more than Amazon's drivers.
They should be in all ways the elite amongst the delivery drivers.

Once UPS can't tell their drivers apart from the competitions'... They'll start to pay you all accordingly.

While I may have agreed with this statement if this was the 1960's, I'd have to disagree. What's the point of being "professional" when modern society is so foul and disrespectful to drivers? There have been many times I've seen customers being rude or disrespectful to drivers, and kissing the customer's ass doesn't change a thing.

Last edited:

WeAreAllGoingToMakeIt

Too be honest I NEVER tip anyone who makes 30 bucks + an hour. Why should I. You should be ashamed if you make that much and expect Clyde Suckfinger who is retired to tip you. Now if you are waiting on me at a cafe or bar and are more or less working for tips I am very generous.

Ya, see? There ya go! So then it really shouldn't matter if the clown car pulls up to your driveway and out comes a circus clown. All that matters is that you get your package. Hell, that's what clowns are there for anyway, so you can laugh at them even if it's behind their backs.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
While I may have agreed with this statement if this was the 1960's, I'd have to disagree. What's the point of being "professional" when modern society is so foul and disrespectful to drivers? There have been many times I've seen customers being rude or disrespectful to drivers, and kissing the customer's ass doesn't change a thing.
What's the point of being professional when people are disrespectful to you?

That's the time when you need to be the most professional.
Just because the world has fallen to new lows doesn't mean we need to follow it.

It isn't a question of "kissing the customer's ass". I don't do my job well because the customer will see it.
I do my job well because I take pride in my work, and have set standards for myself that are reflective of who *I* want to be as a person.