Tattoos at ups

Tatoos

• Cover

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • Not cover

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters

Underallowed306

What is it with employers that think they get to dictate every aspect of someone’s life?

I know a lot of people can’t grasp this in our new aged, everyone matters world, but your lifestyle, opinions, and your desperate need for attention do not contribute to the bottom line. You can always start your own delivery business where you can wear anything you want, say anything you want, drive whatever you want, and tattoo every square inch of your body. Good luck with that.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I can understand them not wanting their drivers to look like thugs and maintain a professional appearance.

But look at athletes. They have clauses in their contracts about public behavior and high risk activities.
I understand it also but then it affects your ability to hire enough employees (which it has in many places) than you must adjust. Times change especially what’s considered acceptable appearance wise and ups is stuck in the 40’s.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Tell that to the all of our union brothers and sisters before us that didn’t just idly sit by and say yeah your rules. We must obey them
If you are talking about negotiating permission for tattoos, that's an entirely different issue.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If you are talking about negotiating permission for tattoos, that's an entirely different issue.
Like I said if the company has to make adjustments to appearance standards to staff their operation than that’s just the way it is.

This attitude of well I couldn’t have it so you shouldn’t either is so dumb

RDL

What is it with our society today that thinks everyone must bend to their personal whims?

What is it with employers that think they get to dictate every aspect of someone’s life?
It’s actually quite disgusting that anyone is foolish and insecure enough to agree with the former. What is it with you that you think everyone must bend to your personal whim?

oldngray

nowhere special
when-you-get-tattoos.jpg