Taxes

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Is it possible to simply ask a question? Did I say anywhere $7000 is adequate compensation? You say he 'really' works for FedEx. Does his paycheck come from FedEx or a contractor?

His paycheck comes from a contractor, which is how Fred gets around paying a decent wage or providing benfits. But Fred controls him like an employee, with TM's that are employees that take their marching orders from Memphis.

bbsam

Staff member
His paycheck comes from a contractor, which is how Fred gets around paying a decent wage or providing benfits. But Fred controls him like an employee, with TM's that are employees that take their marching orders from Memphis.

But he really isn't "controlled" from Memphis, is he? If that is true, there wouldn't be talk of Fedex buying out the contractors to get the control you claim they already have. That would be an expensive redundancy.

LTFedExer

I don't think FE267 needs you to speak for him. I already got my answer and you just verified it....thank you
But he really isn't "controlled" from Memphis, is he? If that is true, there wouldn't be talk of Fedex buying out the contractors to get the control you claim they already have. That would be an expensive redundancy.
Ain't gonna happen bb....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Sorry, but no. They already have a high degree of control, but they need more. If the contractors were bought-out (doubtful), FedEx would have the same dictatorial powers they have over at Express. The trick is to still exert the control, but pretend that the contractors are the ones doing it. So far, it seems to be working. If you think the TM's aren't answering to Memphis, you're kidding yourself.

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe the contractors do it and render the local management obsolete. 267 has already admitted as much. The local management team throws their little fits, his contractor ignores them, 267 does as he wants to do and the cycle continues the following day.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Maybe the contractors do it and render the local management obsolete. 267 has already admitted as much. The local management team throws their little fits, his contractor ignores them, 267 does as he wants to do and the cycle continues the following day.

Piss-off the TM enough, and see what happens. Then you'll see how much control FedEx really has.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm thinking that FedEx has legal language somewhere in your contract that can and will be used against you if need be.

If that were the case, do you think all the legal issues at Ground would have seen the light of day? They just would have "fired" them and gone on. Or is Fred just too dumb to figure that our?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If that were the case, do you think all the legal issues at Ground would have seen the light of day? They just would have "fired" them and gone on. Or is Fred just too dumb to figure that our?

No, they have not all seen the light of day. Fred, whom you regard as so freaking smart, has lost plenty of money over the years being sued by Express employees. His time is yet to come with Ground. Wait for it.

bbsam

Staff member
No, they have not all seen the light of day. Fred, whom you regard as so freaking smart, has lost plenty of money over the years being sued by Express employees. His time is yet to come with Ground. Wait for it.

Are you kidding? That's what the whole ISP and the California lawsuit were all about. That's been going on for years. They have seen the light of day and Fedex has won several of them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Are you kidding? That's what the whole ISP and the California lawsuit were all about. That's been going on for years. They have seen the light of day and Fedex has won several of them.

Sure, if you say so. Ask Fred about the Black/Latino Management settlement in CA, the upcoming age discrimination suit, and all the others in the pipeline over at Express. FedEx Legal has had egg on their faces many times, so don't be so confident that the ISP is in the bag. I personally know several very wealthy ex-couriers who got big money from Fred, so I'm guessing that there have been lots more throughout the company.

FedEx skirts legality all the time. Time will tell how much they can get away with.