taxpayers

moreluck

golden ticket member
2cih3wj.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
I really wish people would quit buying into the college propaganda. The cost of school is up 1000% since the late 70's. The government keeps throwing money at it and guess what the cost keeps going up more and more.

Not enough people go to trade schools or get real world experience as interns. That liberal arts degree many are getting may impress their circle of friends but they will be stuck with no job and huge student loans to repay.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
We can pay a college football coach $5 million plus a year but not give low cost loans for a student to attend that university? Somehow I think our priorities are screwd up.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not enough people go to trade schools or get real world experience as interns. That liberal arts degree many are getting may impress their circle of friends but they will be stuck with no job and huge student loans to repay.
Not enough trade schools either. Many more professions could be taught through apprenticeship.

Brownslave688

There is a problem with football between the haves and have nots. The big schools are money makers but the small school football programs operate at a loss.
I wouldn't say a loss. Sometimes directional state vs Ohio state means Ohio state paid directional states entire athletic bill for the year.

Brownslave688

We can pay a college football coach $5 million plus a year but not give low cost loans for a student to attend that university? Somehow I think our priorities are screwd up.
That's because those students bring in no revenue to the university and by the time you add up the 4 professors to teach a class and you're talking half a million a year.