Contract deal expected next week?!

Well that’s exactly what they said in 1997

And who are the employees who are still owed money from the last strike and have a bad taste in there mouth?

Go back to wherever you came from because you’re spreading BS
people get so angry when you hit them with truths.. lol try talking to and looking at some of your employees and come back and let me know.
So i have another question for you.. If the company shuts down now, where are you going to go and make as much money as you do now. A lot of people here are unskilled labor and don't have a fallback plan. I don't know why you are getting mad, we are just having discussions. Next time you are loading, unloading, sorting or whatever you do, ask others if they can afford a strike, if they will stick around for a strike and when there is no work and we full timers have to work and layoff all of the part timers will they still stick around?

Thebrownblob

people get so angry when you hit them with truths.. lol try talking to and looking at some of your employees and come back and let me know.
So i have another question for you.. If the company shuts down now, where are you going to go and make as much money as you do now. A lot of people here are unskilled labor and don't have a fallback plan. I don't know why you are getting mad, we are just having discussions. Next time you are loading, unloading, sorting or whatever you do, ask others if they can afford a strike, if they will stick around for a strike and when there is no work and we full timers have to work and layoff all of the part timers will they still stick around?
Oh honey, I’m not angry I just don’t really have time to listen to a fool who would pretend I haven’t talked to every single person who’s left from the 1997 strike at my location. You see for me after the strike it was nothing but straight up after that strike, and it catapulted many into full-time. As I was part time then. To a man and to a woman everyone feels the 1997 strike was a great unifier.
Why are you worried about my finances when my finances are in great shape? And our strike fund has never been bigger and will never pay more than now if it’s necessary, I got $55 last time as everyone else did and less than a handful of people crossed.

Do I want to strike? No but am I a coward as it seems you are? absolutely not this company has to be pushed and prodded to do the right thing and if we’re not willing to do so this job wouldn’t be worth having anyway.

If the company wants to insult us and pretend they can do this without us they are more than welcome to try. Or they can make a solid offer based off of our hard work for the last five years and we can continue this great partnership.

Thebrownblob

UPS attempted to cut cost-of-living adjustments.

See below:

"The company's proposal, which would affect more than 340,000 UPS Teamsters, included minimal raises and overall wage cuts to workers' cost-of-living adjustments. The Teamsters' committee unanimously rejected UPS's disrespectful package. Teamsters General President Sean M. O'Brien sternly reminded UPS negotiators across the table of the serious consequences the company faces.

Minimal raises, and cost of living cuts? I don’t feel like a hero anymore.

See you are proving my point...You are talking about 1997, big difference between then and now, you are not thinking or talking to the employees that stated a couple of years ago or months ago, employees who work here because they need the money, you aren't looking at the difference in the economy, yes maybe you can survive off of 55.00 dollars but can everyone do it, fact is the majority of the employees working now cannot. Like i said most employees under 30 don't have the savings to stick out a strike. Just by your reply it shows you didn't read what i posted and resorted to name calling which shows a true sign of cowardice. I'm not saying we shouldn't push for what we want but we need to be mindful of what the push will cost and who it will effect.

Thebrownblob

See you are proving my point...You are talking about 1997, big difference between then and now, you are not thinking or talking to the employees that stated a couple of years ago or months ago, employees who work here because they need the money, you aren't looking at the difference in the economy, yes maybe you can survive off of 55.00 dollars but can everyone do it, fact is the majority of the employees working now cannot. Like i said most employees under 30 don't have the savings to stick out a strike. Just by your reply it shows you didn't read what i posted and resorted to name calling which shows a true sign of cowardice. I'm not saying we shouldn't push for what we want but we need to be mindful of what the push will cost and who it will effect.
See once again, you don’t know what you’re talking about, no one could survive on $55 then and still, they didn’t cross. Now part-timers will receive almost as much as they make working and full timers will receive over $500 not including any other local strike funds. We will also receive full benefits, cross the picket line and you have nothing. And I read exactly what you posted you said people were owed money from the last strike and are still upset about it and now you’re changing your story lol please if you’re going to make a new account don’t come here and try pulling BS.Ask yourself why your not asking the company what it will cost and who it will affect?

Last edited:
See once again, you don’t know what you’re talking about, no one could survive on $55 then and still, they didn’t cross. Now part-timers will receive almost as much as they make working and full timers will receive over $500 not including any other local strike funds. We will also receive full benefits, cross the picket line and you have nothing. And I read exactly what you posted you said people were owed money from the last strike and are still upset about it and now you’re changing your story lol please if you’re going to make a new account don’t come here and try pulling BS.Ask yourself why your not asking the company
lol, i let you go, i see that you are out of touch with the company and the people who work in it now. The only BS is the one you are spitting when you are only thinking of yourself. A strike will hurt the company but it will hurt us in the fact that the ones to suffer will be the part timers or those who live check to check. As for the employees from 97 who were owed money and were unhappy, they voted no and some didn't even bother to vote. A lot of employees have lost faith in the Union. And since you alot, what happens after the strike when we have less work so we have to layoff all part timers so the full timers can work and when we have to lay off some full timers because of seniority and all of the part timers that will quit because of it. Cant see the forest if your forehead is up against a tree. The 97 strike was almost 30 years ago, times have changed and so has the economy. A strike helps no one. So take a second and ask yourself the same question "what it will cost and who it will affect?"

lol, i let you go, i see that you are out of touch with the company and the people who work in it now. The only BS is the one you are spitting when you are only thinking of yourself. A strike will hurt the company but it will hurt us in the fact that the ones to suffer will be the part timers or those who live check to check. As for the employees from 97 who were owed money and were unhappy, they voted no and some didn't even bother to vote. A lot of employees have lost faith in the Union. And since you alot, what happens after the strike when we have less work so we have to layoff all part timers so the full timers can work and when we have to lay off some full timers because of seniority and all of the part timers that will quit because of it. Cant see the forest if your forehead is up against a tree. The 97 strike was almost 30 years ago, times have changed and so has the economy. A strike helps no one. So take a second and ask yourself the same question "what it will cost and who it will affect?"
Well, at least the company knows you'll be there Aug 1. Good luck Aug 2 when you're out of packages, and dignity.

Last edited:

textat3

doubt it, here are some real facts to think about;
1. Alot of the under 30 crowd live paycheck to paycheck and cannot afford a strike.
2. Alot of employees still have a bad taste in their mouths from the last strike and are still owed money
3. If a strike does happen a lot of part time employees will end up quitting or losing their jobs and they will definitely be bottom barrel to get paid.
A strike will be a bad deal for everyone.

translation….Your scared to flex on UPS.

rebelsss

Ya right. UPS will bow down in 2 seconds. Let's use logic. Who in their right mind will risk billions of dollars to a strike. We authorized the strike already. It is confirmed we are walking. UPS will feel the wrath of a UNION.
It's so stupid " where will you find another job that pays so well". Hahahahaha. No bro, where will UPS find people to replace us? Good luck finding 350,000 replacements. Ain't gonna happen, they will bow down, it is inevitable.

JustDeliverIt

Few people want to strike, but all must be willing to. Our labor is worth everything here and when the raises we get are less than the cost of inflation while the compensation for management is high than there is a problem.

We have union leadership that is willing to demand what we earn, a first since I’ve been here. And we are in a position where the company can’t keep employees and profits are at all time highs every quarter, the time will never be better to stand up for what we deserve after givebacks in past contracts.

No matter what union job you have in this company, PT or FT, we earn every penny. Now is the time to be compensated properly for it as well. If the company can’t see that what do they think is going to happen to the stock price if we strike? Better to have it drop a few dollars compensating us properly than being cut in half or worse from a strike.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

If the Company shuts down or locks out..you will see a lot of the executive board buying a one way ticket out of the country.

Quit talking nonsense…

What is your (Union) position by the way?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
The strike will most likely not last longer than a week just like 1997. Members have been told for some time now to save some money in case it happens. If missing 1 week of pay is going to put you in the poor house then your house isn’t in order.

Where will we go making this kind of money? I have a CDL, I can go anywhere. Not for this kind of pay or benefits but we have those benefits and pay BECAUSE we are not afraid to strike to get what we deserve. We are not where we are because of the kindness of UPS’ heart, we fought for it.

Next Day Error

X - Other
Only the tough survive, pal. Sometimes withdrawal of labor is all you have left to convince the managers to think twice about their excessive greed.