UPS getting “BAD DEAL” in contract? Lol

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
My finances or why I chose to work after retirement are none of your business.
They are when you are in here giving people financial advice, when in reality you shouldn't be giving anyone financial advice. It's the same as a parent telling their kids to invest their money into 401k, yet the parents in retirement still have 15 year mortgage.

Not common sense, and definitely not good advice.

They are when you are in here giving people financial advice, when in reality you shouldn't be giving anyone financial advice. It's the same as a parent telling their kids to invest their money into 401k, yet the parents in retirement still have 15 year mortgage.

Well Edward Jones says.....

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Which pension fund are you talking about? Central states has enough money for the next 30 years, after that you could be correct. Although in 30 years, there’s gonna be a lot less people drawings on it if you know what I mean.
You slow in the head son. ? You can thank Butch Lewis, and Biden, if you’re in CS . ———————-On December 8, President Biden announced a $35.8 billion payment to the Fund designed to allow it to remain solvent through the end of 2051. It had been projected to run out of money in 2025, just one of approximately 200 other multiemployer pension funds in the same sinking boat.Dec 27, 2022

Thebrownblob

You slow in the head son. ? You can thank Butch Lewis, and Biden, if you’re in CS . ———————-On December 8, President Biden announced a $35.8 billion payment to the Fund designed to allow it to remain solvent through the end of 2051. It had been projected to run out of money in 2025, just one of approximately 200 other multiemployer pension funds in the same sinking boat.Dec 27, 2022
Are you slow in the head? That’s exactly what I said. 🤷‍♂️ Central, States is safe for about 30 years. Between now and then it’s up to us to organize new members. And I appreciate the history lesson about Butch Lewis, and pension guarantee even though I was actually involved heavily in it. Lol. I’m not sure how you got anything else out of that as I stated many times, Biden did the right thing.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I wouldn't be too sure of that, especially for new hires covered by the Company plan.

Newbies, especially PTers, like the portability that a 401k provides. The era of career UPS drivers is slowly coming to an end; to that end, offering a 401k in which pension contributions are deposited as opposed to a pension, defined benefit or otherwise, in which the member has to meet minimum age and years of service criteria in order to begin collecting, will be a huge selling point.

The employer's 401(k) maximum contribution limit is much more liberal. Altogether, the most that can be contributed to your 401(k) plan between both you and your employer is $66,000 in 2023, up from $61,000 in 2022. (Again, those aged 50 and older can also make an additional catch-up contribution of $7,500 in 2023.)

How often do millennials job-hop? According to Zippia, on average, a millennial will stay at their job for 2.75 years. And according to a Gallup report on the millennial generation, 21% of millennials surveyed report changing jobs within the past year – more than three times the rate of other generations.
How much will the company kick in?

Over70irregs

Are you slow in the head? That’s exactly what I said. 🤷‍♂️ Central, States is safe for about 30 years. Between now and then it’s up to us to organize new members. And I appreciate the history lesson about Butch Lewis, and pension guarantee even though I was actually involved heavily in it. Lol. I’m not sure how you got anything else out of that as I stated many times, Biden did the right thing.
All PT pension should be paid into FT plans.

DOK

Always wondered what to do there, max your investment in 401k, or make double-triple mortgage payments to pay off your mortgage. Still haven’t come up with a solid correct answer on that one.

DOK

Pay mortgage in future depreciating dollars.
Random example,
Purchase price in 2000 for $220,000, 30 year mortgage $1,000 per month.
Home value today $450,000.
Had the person in this example put all their extra income into paying their mortgage off with last payment being tomorrow they’d be sitting on an investment in a home that they’re living in and no way to realize the $450,000 value and at the same time have no savings because they put all their extra money on the mortgage.

I can’t figure out if that’s a good situation or not.