Teamster brothers and sisters?? Or me’sters

Oceanview

more than half of the teamsters brothers and sisters all they do is try to insult there fellow brother/sister. Personally it doesnt affect me but it is shocking to see how ignorant some of my fellow teamsters are.. why tear down another teamster?? It’s reason like this UPS can offer is a bullship contract and get passed because a union is only as strong as its weakest member and I see a lot of weak teamsters who root for the company For drivers being fired suspended or A fellow teamster being disciplined.. to much internal fighting that’s why we are weak because our members are all me’sters.. just a thought share you’re opinion I’m right I’m wrong or I’m an idiot but I’m certain I’ll get more “ I’m an idiot responses” which is fine but ultimately proving a point that this forum is mostly filled with teamsters who try to break a person faster than Ups can lol.. but I’m enjoying workmans comp soo I’ll be chiming in on a lot more threads.

Box Ox

why tear down another teamster??
I see a lot of weak teamsters who root for the company

Problem is, we don't even really know that the folks who come on here and root for bad contracts really are Teamsters. It's just the nature of the online beast. So I wouldn't consider what happens here to be a microcosm of real life Teamster relationships.

For drivers being fired suspended or A fellow teamster being disciplined..

Never seen a UPS Teamster root for another to be disciplined. Not once. Whine to other Teamsters about 'em? Sure. Nature of the job.

542thruNthru

Never seen a UPS Teamster root for another to be disciplined. Not once. Whine to other Teamsters about 'em? Sure. Nature of the job.[/QUOTE]

I know one that sometimes did. But he retired.

GenericUsername

Not going to lie, there's like 7 or 8 people in my center who, if got fired, would be celebrated to see gone. Those 7 or 8 guys usually cause the most issues every week and have to have help, or have stops moved off their route frequently to accommodate. It's not an issue of their age either. The dudes are just a-holes.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Not going to lie, there's like 7 or 8 people in my center who, if got fired, would be celebrated to see gone. Those 7 or 8 guys usually cause the most issues every week and have to have help, or have stops moved off their route frequently to accommodate. It's not an issue of their age either. The dudes are just a-holes.
Maybe they are just smart. Depends how you look at it really.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You call them this name because they ask for help or ask to have their workload decreased.

I don't understand what your problem is with this. I'd like to understand, maybe you can explain.

GenericUsername

They purposely drag ass. Their attitude inside our center is garbage. They're spiteful. They treat their loaders like crap. They are always complaining to other drivers that their load sucks, yet they don't take the time to talk to their loader if they're new. The experienced loaders who have loaded their cars also get the same treatment. They are just horrible to be around. When sent a message to help them, it requires us to get a meet point set instead of calling them to say we're on our way as they won't show up. They treat it as some big inconvenience rather than us pitching in to give them a hand when they have a rough day. They're just all around nasty people who need to get a rainbow shoved up their a*.

Poop Head

Judge me.
They purposely drag ass. Their attitude inside our center is garbage. They're spiteful. They treat their loaders like crap. They are always complaining to other drivers that their load sucks, yet they don't take the time to talk to their loader if they're new. The experienced loaders who have loaded their cars also get the same treatment. They are just horrible to be around. When sent a message to help them, it requires us to get a meet point set instead of calling them to say we're on our way as they won't show up. They treat it as some big inconvenience rather than us pitching in to give them a hand when they have a rough day. They're just all around nasty people who need to get a rainbow shoved up their a*.
maybe they some more routes at your center

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

To be fair, beside the loaders part, some would describe me as one of those.

I don’t help the company rectify their mistakes by using my phone, whether to have someone to meet me or to meet someone. Same goes for misloads. Most already know this, those that don’t, I tell to not take it personal.

Work loads, I got me a new route that I do 30-40 less than the guy (runner gunner who barely works, when he does he’s a runner) had on it. Swing drivers used to hate it because of the aforementioned, now they beg to run it and I tell them no. When dispatch tries to add the old numbers they either give me help or they get missed pieces.

I also don’t socialize with most of the drivers, I usually don’t agree with their philosophies on finances, raising a family, and I don’t watch much TV so that’s not a conversation starter.

I come here for one reason, to make a fair days pay for a fair days work. Call me unsocial, call me pissed off, call me Shirly, doesn’t matter to me. Think I’m a jaded driver that’s pissed off all the time, you can, but you’d be wrong.

I have gotten good at removing all emotion from my job, speaking frank, and not caring about things I can’t control.

I haven’t been as happy with my life in a decade since taking this attitude of DGAF when I’m here.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The problem is that the culture here is established to always blame some for everyone... everyone blaming everyone else while all along it’s the Corp mentality that is the problem... we are all just doing more work that is even necessary to make this company a nice profit...period....

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The problem is that the culture here is established to always blame some for everyone... everyone blaming everyone else while all along it’s the Corp mentality that is the problem... we are all just doing more work that is even necessary to make this company a nice profit...period....
I used to say it all the time, the companies number one victory, is when they have Teamster vs Teamster. Once this is accomplished, we all lose. Unfortunately I agree with @Jackburton ’s philosophy 100 percent. Honestly I think it’s the only way to make it to retirement here. If you care about anything working here, you will get crushed like a worm.

GenericUsername

I also share the same philosophy as Jack. But what I don't like is after destroying a 200 stop route having to go bail out someone who isn't pulling their own weight on 140-150 stops. If I can knock out 25 stops an hour (average) without running, taking a full meal and dealing with crappy loads, then why another person can't pull off 15-20 an hour is beyond me.

I think there's a good point made though. Most of the drivers are spiteful and do take it out on each other in some way. I don't look down on anyone who does the same as Jack does in terms of just showing up for work and doing their job. I do it every day. I don't care about what show was on yesterday to talk about or whatever, just give me my route assignment for the day and let me get on. If my neighbors are going to be getting destroyed, let me know that too so if I can help that's great. If I'm going to get destroyed, let me know in advance so I can cancel dinner plans with the family. Don't send me halfway across town to help some jackwad with 15-20 stops when I rocked my day and want to get out on time so I can go eat a meal at home with everyone else instead of at 9:30 at night.

Days

There's working safely and then there's being just a terribly pathetic employee. There are no checks and balances at UPS because of how the system is run. This is why teamsters come after eachother. Trust me, i think it's less stressful to come in and do a hard days work than me a slug and have everyone hate you.

Not sure how some of these people cAn say a "fair days work" when they don't give that. If everyone worked like that, the company would be bankrupt. So irritating

Rack em

Made the Podium
There's working safely and then there's being just a terribly pathetic employee. There are no checks and balances at UPS because of how the system is run. This is why teamsters come after eachother. Trust me, i think it's less stressful to come in and do a hard days work than me a slug and have everyone hate you.

Not sure how some of these people cAn say a "fair days work" when they don't give that. If everyone worked like that, the company would be bankrupt. So irritating
So you think it's fair to give a hard honest days work and be send back out to help someone else? Because that's what's going to happen every time. Ups wants as much work done with as little drivers as possible which is bull:censored2: to say the least. Working at a good safe pace is how you survive this place. Ups is the reason some people are, as you call them, "terribly pathetic"

Days

UPS is a business. It's not against the law to give overtime. I'm just saying that you should try to not be a slug and maybe try to have some self respect when you work at UPS.

GenericUsername

There's a difference between giving overtime and forcing overtime. Do I need overtime to finish the route I'm given? Sometimes. Should I be forced to stay out until 9 or 10 PM to finish other people's work? Absolutely not. Discipline those Fs and either get them to pull their weight or move on so someone who wants to work can.