Teamster brothers and sisters?? Or me’sters

Integrity

Binge Poster
There's a difference between giving overtime and forcing overtime. Do I need overtime to finish the route I'm given? Sometimes. Should I be forced to stay out until 9 or 10 PM to finish other people's work? Absolutely not. Discipline those Fs and either get them to pull their weight or move on so someone who wants to work can.
The company should just have enough drivers so there is no overtime.

Everyone would be better off if 8 and skate became a way of life and overtime was only a very unusual occurrence for a very few workers.

Rack em

Made the Podium
There's a difference between giving overtime and forcing overtime. Do I need overtime to finish the route I'm given? Sometimes. Should I be forced to stay out until 9 or 10 PM to finish other people's work? Absolutely not. Discipline those Fs and either get them to pull their weight or move on so someone who wants to work can.
Here's a scenario...The driver bids the route and does 130 stops a day and gets done in 9 hours. Management decides to add 10 stops the following week. The driver still gets done in 9 hours so he can get home to see his family. So management keep upping the stops until the driver can't take it anymore and slows way the friend down. So now he is way over dispatched and can't get the work done in a reasonable time so they have to send him help every day....

Integrity

Binge Poster
Here's a scenario...The driver bids the route and does 130 stops a day and gets done in 9 hours. Management decides to add 10 stops the following week. The driver still gets done in 9 hours so he can get home to see his family. So management keep upping the stops until the driver can't take it anymore and slows way the friend down. So now he is way over dispatched and can't get the work done in a reasonable time so they have to send him help every day....
Sounds accurate.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Our union reps in some cases have been/are the worst examples of this "tearing down others" thing, ironically. A lot of small minded, petulant overgrown children.

GenericUsername

Happens frequently everywhere, but the difference to me is that once he gets to a certain point, it's time for him to join the 9.5 list. The work is moved onto someone else who either will do it and get by, or get on the list himself and keep the cycle repeating.

It could all be solved with how Integrity said by dispatching 8 hour days.

Indecisi0n

more than half of the teamsters brothers and sisters all they do is try to insult there fellow brother/sister. Personally it doesnt affect me but it is shocking to see how ignorant some of my fellow teamsters are.. why tear down another teamster?? It’s reason like this UPS can offer is a bullship contract and get passed because a union is only as strong as its weakest member and I see a lot of weak teamsters who root for the company For drivers being fired suspended or A fellow teamster being disciplined.. to much internal fighting that’s why we are weak because our members are all me’sters.. just a thought share you’re opinion I’m right I’m wrong or I’m an idiot but I’m certain I’ll get more “ I’m an idiot responses” which is fine but ultimately proving a point that this forum is mostly filled with teamsters who try to break a person faster than Ups can lol.. but I’m enjoying workmans comp soo I’ll be chiming in on a lot more threads.
Let's make love not war.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I also share the same philosophy as Jack. But what I don't like is after destroying a 200 stop route having to go bail out someone who isn't pulling their own weight on 140-150 stops. If I can knock out 25 stops an hour (average) without running, taking a full meal and dealing with crappy loads, then why another person can't pull off 15-20 an hour is beyond me.

I think there's a good point made though. Most of the drivers are spiteful and do take it out on each other in some way. I don't look down on anyone who does the same as Jack does in terms of just showing up for work and doing their job. I do it every day. I don't care about what show was on yesterday to talk about or whatever, just give me my route assignment for the day and let me get on. If my neighbors are going to be getting destroyed, let me know that too so if I can help that's great. If I'm going to get destroyed, let me know in advance so I can cancel dinner plans with the family. Don't send me halfway across town to help some jackwad with 15-20 stops when I rocked my day and want to get out on time so I can go eat a meal at home with everyone else instead of at 9:30 at night.
You'll figure it out someday, hopefully.
There's working safely and then there's being just a terribly pathetic employee. There are no checks and balances at UPS because of how the system is run. This is why teamsters come after eachother. Trust me, i think it's less stressful to come in and do a hard days work than me a slug and have everyone hate you.

Not sure how some of these people cAn say a "fair days work" when they don't give that. If everyone worked like that, the company would be bankrupt. So irritating
You too.
Don't forget, they are paying you good money to chase wild geese.
Also, as far as your family is concerned, this is a 12hour a day job. Any less is a blessing; any more, :censored2: happens and you made some extra money.

GenericUsername

I have figured it out. It's not a 12 hour a day job. I mean, if you're counting the drive into work/from work to home, then sure. But no reason should any driver be dispatched or expected to work 12 hours a day. Not even Christmas.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Sounds to me like you aren't pacing yourself.
Manage fatigue, if most days are 12 hours long, then every day work like you are going to work for 12 hours, rather than 8.
It is your management team's responsibility to build up enough trust for you to go back into an 8 hour pace.

GenericUsername

Sounds to me like you aren't pacing yourself.
Manage fatigue, if most days are 12 hours long, then every day work like you are going to work for 12 hours, rather than 8.
It is your management team's responsibility to build up enough trust for you to go back into an 8 hour pace.

I pace myself fine. I don't work 12 hour days, hell, most days I'm in by 6-6:30 (9 AM start.) The long days are the days we have to go back out and bail out others.

Oceanview

I pace myself fine. I don't work 12 hour days, hell, most days I'm in by 6-6:30 (9 AM start.) The long days are the days we have to go back out and bail out others.

If i finish at 6:30 there sending me to pick up 30-40 stops off another driver so my 186 stops last me til 8:30 and I’ll run my air to the orange belt or airport if need be..

Days

Drivers at my hub get done at 4:30 and go home. Holidays they actually get paid more money. The only people working 12 hour days are the new hires or people with long distance out of town routes

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Drivers at my hub get done at 4:30 and go home. Holidays they actually get paid more money. The only people working 12 hour days are the new hires or people with long distance out of town routes
tenor (12).gif