Teamsters demand answers

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Don’t say that now we will be getting videos of drivers frying an egg 🍳 on a the back shelf of their package cars...
I’m going to Benihana the shelves once I’m in.
FB6E089D-1629-45D9-A763-2DF0EEBF1C43.jpeg

100%

There are worse jobs out there that deal with the heat way more than we do. Roofing. Asphalt guys. Any kind of outside construction job you name it. I don’t see everyone crying about them.

You know why. Cause the union spoils everyone and turns them into entitled crybabies that want everything done easy and convenient for them. Crying about the heat. Drink some cold water and take a break. You can’t handle it than get another job.

That’s my 2 cents

You also don’t see them start working at 10am or working past 3-4pm, or pulling over 40hrs, or working in the rain, or snow, or hurricane……shall I continue? Now you have 5 cents.

rod

Retired 22 years
There are worse jobs out there that deal with the heat way more than we do. Roofing. Asphalt guys. Any kind of outside construction job you name it. I don’t see everyone crying about them.

You know why. Cause the union spoils everyone and turns them into entitled crybabies that want everything done easy and convenient for them. Crying about the heat. Drink some cold water and take a break. You can’t handle it than get another job.

That’s my 2 cents

rod

Retired 22 years
I never care when we leave late. I don't know why people freak out.

Late air..... not my problem.
Missed business...... not my problem
Angry customers..... not my problem

I'm on 9.5. Start me at 9am and don't get me out of the building till 10am. I'm still getting off same time just doing less work. Either that or I'm filing and getting paid.
You guys have a LOT more control over your work day now than we did. We didn’t have any 9.5 option. We could “request” an 8 hour day but they didn’t have to give it to us and it was always their idea of 8 hours if they did. I have an old warning letter for once when I needed off in 8 hours and when they wouldn’t give it to me a friend took some rurals off me to help. He and I both got warning letters for “dispatching ourselves”.

newfie

You guys have a LOT more control over your work day now than we did. We didn’t have any 9.5 option. We could “request” an 8 hour day but they didn’t have to give it to us and it was always their idea of 8 hours if they did. I have an old warning letter for once when I needed off in 8 hours and when they wouldn’t give it to me a friend took some rurals off me to help. He and I both got warning letters for “dispatching ourselves”.
unbelievable. I spent 40 years cleaning up the over use of work as directed type discipline.