Teamsters Leaders Get Top Dollar, Group Says

M

my2cents

One can find this data from OLMS Internet Public Disclosure Room. To do a quick search on the IBT, their file number is 000093.

W

wkmac

Although I'm no fan of TDU I do applaud them greatly for efforts like this. I also am upset that these same officials can also draw multiple retirements while we can't even enjoy a 2nd career after we retire.

Wake UP UPS Teamsters!

M

my2cents

I share the same sentiments wkmac. I thought their "Vote on Dues" campaign a few months ago was the right approach as well. Otherwise, you have unchecked power grabs.

R

robonono

Bret Caldwell, a spokesman for the Teamsters, did not dispute the facts in the report. But he defended the pay packages, saying Teamster officials' salary levels are set by the members.

When was the last time the members "voted" on the IBT chief's pay packages.

Give me a break!

M

my2cents

The officers themselves are members to. Kinda like how Congress votes themselves pay raises in the middle of the night.

O

ok2bclever

There are a lot of simularities.
proud.gif
Except the companies use middle men called lobbiests with the government.

T

tieguy

The accoutability TDU provides would be ok if they weren't so hell bent on gaining control by destroying your solodarity. My opinion from the outside.

M

my2cents

ok2,

Today's unions exist via special privileges gained by lobbying. Organized labor's unconstitutional Magna Carta, the National Labor Relations Act is all the proof I need. Additionally, and according to my copy of Unfree Speech by Bradley Smith, the first PAC's were formed by unions back in the 1940's.