Teamsters ratting our teamsters

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
So...you have "misdelivered" then???
No, I’ve had driver follow ups. Because the concierges keep records, they are easily proven that I had delivered them correctly. Look, I’m sure I’ve misdelivered in my career. I just never had a positive DFU for a misdelivery. I’m sure “Bob” walked it down the hall to the right guy.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My steward keeps track of half the centers attendance on his own. He's pointed out many times to my center manager how the driver he hates has called out 8 times in 7 months and the favorite driver has called out 13 or more in the same period.

Love watching him walk into that office with his calender and a smile on his face. Makes me laugh everytime!

That's one of the many reasons he gets a couple 6 packs a year from me every year. ;)
I'm not sure that I subscribe to this notion???

While I understand it can be necessary for a BA to go here, when the Company pushes for more than a warning letter, I'm not sure it's prudent for a steward to make it part of their daily "repertoire"?

I subscribe to the notion that you can't bring yourself up, by bringing someone else down.

In my building, while it virtually impossible for me to do this (200+ drivers), I believe it could lead to more discipline, rather than the Center Manager saying "uncle".

Perhaps this is an example of "autonomy"?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
No, I’ve had driver follow ups. Because the concierges keep records, they are easily proven that I had delivered them correctly. Look, I’m sure I’ve misdelivered in my career. I just never had a positive DFU for a misdelivery. I’m sure “Bob” walked it down the hall to the right guy.
20160914T0844-5137-CNS-POPE-AUDIENCE-PRINCES-1024x675.jpg

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Your steward needs to worry less about others and more about himself.

I had a misdelivery concern the other day. Turns out I went to the house next door. Stopped by on the way home, retrieved the package and handed it to the consignee, apologizing for my mistake.

A fellow driver, who is a well known mgt kiss ass, told me the next morning that he had read the concern and because he lives on the same street took it upon himself to try to recover the package. He said that he did it because he likes to help out other drivers. I told him in no uncertain terms that while I appreciated his enthusiasm I did not appreciate his decision to involve himself in something that was 100% none of his business.
You really don't like following the methods @UpstateNYUPSer
You should be Fired for working off the clock.
I am going to call the 1-800 security number about this.

542thruNthru

While I understand it can be necessary for a BA to go here, when the Company pushes for more than a warning letter, I'm not sure it's prudent for a steward to make it part of their daily "repertoire"?

I subscribe to the notion that you can't bring yourself up, by bringing someone else down.

In my building, while it virtually impossible for me to do this (200+ drivers), I believe it could lead to more discipline, rather than the Center Manager saying "uncle".

The main reason he is able to keep track of everyone's attendance is because they keep all that information on the dispatch sheet. He makes a copy of it everyday to keep track of how many times split routes are put in so he can force them to make it a route for bid.

The issue with attendance is my center manager likes to attack certain drivers only. Drivers that do the job properly. It rarely happens but when one of these drivers has 6 occurrences within a 9 month period He's on top of them. Though his 3 favorite runners have 14 or more occurrences in the same amount of time. He politely informs my center manager that this could be seen as discrimination.

I understand what you mean by "can't bring yourself up, by bringing someone else down." But I also believe in a fair playing field. If I'm sent home for wearing the wrong socks even when half the center is wearing the same(which has happen to me) I'm going to point it out. Same with if my attendance is being scrutinized and no one else is then I want it to be pointed out.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The main reason he is able to keep track of everyone's attendance is because they keep all that information on the dispatch sheet. He makes a copy of it everyday to keep track of how many times split routes are put in so he can force them to make it a route for bid.

The issue with attendance is my center manager likes to attack certain drivers only. Drivers that do the job properly. It rarely happens but when one of these drivers has 6 occurrences within a 9 month period He's on top of them. Though his 3 favorite runners have 14 or more occurrences in the same amount of time. He politely informs my center manager that this could be seen as discrimination.

I understand what you mean by "can't bring yourself up, by bringing someone else down." But I also believe in a fair playing field. If I'm sent home for wearing the wrong socks even when half the center is wearing the same(which has happen to me) I'm going to point it out. Same with if my attendance is being scrutinized and no one else is then I want it to be pointed out.
"Point it out"....sure, and a will, but only during a review or an "un-grievable" warning letter.....maybe?

When, and if, the Company takes the position of suspension or discharge, I leave that door open for the BA by including all applicable language in the grievance.

Why would I help these "know nothing" managers hone their game?

In the end, we have very few attendance reviews here, because more often than not, those with attendance issues are eligible for intermittent FMLA....and they hate when I suggest it.

Don't hate the player, hate the game???

542thruNthru

"Point it out"....sure, and a will, but only during a review or an "un-grievable" warning letter.....maybe?

When, and if, the Company takes the position of suspension or discharge, I leave that door open for the BA by including all applicable language in the grievance.

Why would I help these "know nothing" managers hone their game?

In the end, we have very few attendance reviews here, because more often than not, those with attendance issues are eligible for intermittent FMLA....and they hate when I suggest it.

Don't hate the player, hate the game???

We have been told that we do not grieve warning letters. Also my Steward is the first line of defense. If he can put a stop to "retaliation" which let's be honest that all it is. Then he's doing his job in my opinion.

I don't hate the player. But in turn it's a game my Steward is also playing. He is letting my center manager know that he is also watching. He also knows my center manager will not discipline his buddies/runners from fear they will get upset. So it ends up being a undocumented talk with and that's it.

F

Frankie's Friend

We have been told that we do not grieve warning letters. Also my Steward is the first line of defense. If he can put a stop to "retaliation" which let's be honest that all it is. Then he's doing his job in my opinion.

I don't hate the player. But in turn it's a game my Steward is also playing. He is letting my center manager know that he is also watching. He also knows my center manager will not discipline his buddies/runners from fear they will get upset. So it ends up being a undocumented talk with and that's it.
Our PDS and an ORS documentrd FMLA days as 15s (call offs) and marked some employees they didnt like as late (they were) while documenting other "preferred" employees as on time by changing their punch time. They also changed 1 driver's actual start time on the weekly staffing sheet to the later group's start time while busting others for lates.
When our stewards (on 2 shifts) recorded these discrepancies and addressed it with the center manager he threw out all the infractions for all the employees during those affected months. There were some employees on the verge of discipline until this was brought to light.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of hearings.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I like it (when pushed), but just don't see it as an "iron clad" defense, because in the end, both are guilty of being in violation???

....and possibly one more violation of being in harms way as a result.

F

Frankie's Friend

Our warning ltrs get rescended in local hearings a lot after they're grieved.
For a while, more than half were due to being untimely until they hired a couple more monkeys to pound them out on time.
20180409_234704.jpg

F

Frankie's Friend

I like it (when pushed), but just don't see it as an "iron clad" defense, because in the end, both are guilty of being in violation???

Except when it shows uneven discipline after some get warning ltrs and others with the same or more infractions get a pass.
I believe the intended end game is to stop the warning ltrs from the get go.

F

Frankie's Friend

Except when it shows uneven discipline after some get warning ltrs and others with the same or more infractions get a pass.
I believe the intended end game is to stop the warning ltrs from the get go.

542thruNthru

You're right it's definitely not iron clad and has the potential of not working at all. Also sometimes those buddies/runners attendance isn't that bad. So I would have to agree it's a gamble.

F

Frankie's Friend

You're right it's definitely not iron clad and has the potential of not working at all. Also sometimes those buddies/runners attendance isn't that bad. So I would have to agree it's a gamble.
If any of the employees written up file more grievances than the "favored" ones having the info of uneven discipline is good ammo for the disciplined employees to file NLRB charges on the company for being singled out for their using their concerted rights.
It opens up a can of worms that the company won't like and will have a hard time defending.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
It happens people are flawed, just because he is a union steward doesn't make him less of an ass. Or maybe the guy was actually doing something that permitted him being told on by the steward. It's happened to me but I was also In the wrong, all you can do is move forward and make note not to trust that teamster anymore.