Teamsters reach sellout agreement “in principle” with UPS

KoennenTiger

Would this just replace the TCD drivers? Cause I was a utility driver for a long time and made slightly more than the starting rate of an FSP while I was driving. And when I wasn't driving I was back preloading. If this is how they replace TCD I don't see the big deal. I was given work as well just because I was there when management saw that work was available. Like running LIBs or picking up misloads for guys, or when someone called on sick.

How would this combo driver be any different than a TCD except that they are scheduled to work the weekends?

Communism is flawed. There are people who are in charge of the organization.
Maybe I’m alone here, but as a part time worker I welcome the opportunity to get a full time job as a hybrid driver. I can still become a regular driver once I can bid on a route and $20.50 an hour is great pay for a 21 year old with no debt. And $34 an hour is only $2 less an hour than what drivers make no at their full scale pay rate. I don’t understand what the big deal is? Everyone else had to wait to become a driver. Why can’t some of us part timers wait while actually getting some decent pay and hours?

You. My friend are a fool who has not fully read the contract. Did u know that back in the early 70s inside hub workers were making over 20 per hour full time with full benefits after 90 days. For the the job you probably make 9 per he. Under 20 hours now. The union has been giving the company taking for over 40yrs our union is being paid off .that's a fact.

You. My friend are a fool who has not fully read the contract. Did u know that back in the early 70s inside hub workers were making over 20 per hour full time with full benefits after 90 days. For the the job you probably make 9 per he. Under 20 hours now. The union has been giving the company taking for over 40yrs our union is being paid off .that's a fact.
$20/hr in the early '70s? I think you have your decades confused. Time to put the pipe down. You have to go to work tomorrow.

It's easier than ever to do a rte "blind". For goodness sakes, they have computers with the maps showing where the work is. They have your addresses and number of packages in the diad for you to see.

All you need to remember is to not rush. Work safely. And if you have misses, they'll get delivered tomorrow.

I come from the days when you actually had to look through your truck to see the delivery's you had. You would often go back to places because you didn't see that other pakcage for that address because it had slid off the shelf or was loaded in the back.

Now everything is there for you. The only HARD thing is figuring out which stops are businesses.

It's only unsafe if you rush and get in a hurry. Work safe. Work at your pace, and take it one stop at a time.
It was just as easy to deliver before PAS. Only thing I’ve ever missed has been a church or a school. What is 230 stops today was only 150 stops 25 years ago