Telematics and discipline.

O

OLDMAN3

The fur call was an empty white box with a piece of white paper tape and tissue paper inside to wrap the returning fur with. The instructions stated to fold the fur... fur side out and wrap in the tissue paper. At the end of the box were two flaps that would tuck into the side and then you would tape shut with the supplied white tape. We were required to bring the fur box into the office to control theft. The fur companies would clean and store the fur for the summer and send it back out in the fall.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

OLDMAN3

Yep,
People were freaked out that the grocery stores sold the addresses of Diet Coke drinkers to Pepsi, or was it the other way around.

O

OLDMAN3

They would audit delivery records and I got gigged for turning 7 into a 9. "No you have to draw a single line through it like this and sheet it again"
----------VOID----------

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Never had a late air!.lol
I tried early am for 5 years until they sent me in 5 different zip codes every day which were map quested on my phone. Since I stopped that early stuff my air is never late either cause you have time to map it out in your mind. Earlier you get to work the better, your on your own.

I tried early am for 5 years until they sent me in 5 different zip codes every day which were map quested on my phone. Since I stopped that early stuff my air is never late either cause you have time to map it out in your mind. Earlier you get to work the better, your on your own.
I said that jokingly. Before DIAD we had paper records. you had to write the delivery time down. wink wink!

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I said that jokingly. Before DIAD we had paper records. you had to write the delivery time down. wink wink!
Remember the night you had to get in the trucks headlight to see what you wrote on the paper, those are days I would stop at waffle house every night at 730 and close out the pages. Back in the late 80s business was good and the work load was heavy but the recognition and pride was high.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Unless you were a cover driver at the time I would think you would have known where that delivery stop was.
Not necessarily. I had an NDA at 47 ___ street, sheeted as NSN around 10AM on a route I knew inside and out. I later realized there was construction going on in a building that had been vacant for the last couple of years. It wasn't where 47 should have been had it existed, but it ended up being that one. I delivered it around 1049AM.