Telematics and discipline.

O

OLDMAN3

I'm man enough, to admit to making mistakes.

Just because I am annoyed at people I know....

It's wrong to take it out on you.

-Bug-
You, Sir are a gentleman and a great asset to this forum and our great union.
Please excuse my lack of knowledge of the contract, I always look for your posts to get the correct information.

Last edited by a moderator:

annie345

They can issue a warning letter for just about anything. Since it actually happened, they will say its been ongoing and have to correct the behavior. Train yourself a different way. You miss one out of possibly 175 times a day so it will be easy to fix. Sit in seat, put seatbelt on(click) then start truck. Rinse and repeat.
The contract says they can't discipline based on telematics.. They have to visually see you do something wrong to discipline. They can talk to you but no discipline.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The contract says they can't discipline based on telematics.. They have to visually see you do something wrong to discipline. They can talk to you but no discipline.

Read it a bit more closely----the company cannot discharge based on Telematics.

We had a driver receive a rude hourly today for speeding through a trailer park. Telematics supported the concern. He will be disciplined.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

We had a driver receive a rude hourly today for speeding through a trailer park. Telematics supported the concern. He will be disciplined.

Now I'm curious. Do you stop in the office every night and thumb through all the concerns, or does your center manager text you throughout the day to keep you up to speed?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Now I'm curious. Do you stop in the office every night and thumb through all the concerns, or does your center manager text you throughout the day to keep you up to speed?

We have to stop in the office and write down how many NDA we picked up and off-loaded. The concern was laying on the OMS' desk right next to the NDA log.

annie345

I stand corrected.. It does say discharged.. But what's a write up worth if nothings gonna happen beyond that. They don't even write people up in our center for anything to do with telematics..

ArcherUTR

Some of Dave's posts make me want to punt puppies, but :censored2: like this make my eyes bleed. So thanks for the rando thread :censored2:ting posts, good job. Stabbing my eyes wanting to deploy bombs on the brown cafe airplane.

Hi Obama, I just hate people that make my life harder.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Some of Dave's posts make me want to punt puppies, but :censored2: like this make my eyes bleed. So thanks for the rando thread :censored2:ting posts, good job. Stabbing my eyes wanting to deploy bombs on the brown cafe airplane.

Hi Obama, I just hate people that make my life harder.
I used to thumb thru papers on any one of their desks but found I can find out more thru talking which is rare in our facility as a UPS robot should be seen and not heard just like a little kid.

O

OLDMAN3

Yep, They will leave stuff on the desks they WANT you to read. Say, for example, they want to bring that (to be disciplined) driver down a notch in the eyes of his co-workers. Or perhaps they realize they wont be able to discipline him but want others to think they can. I once had a stand-up guy for a supervisor who would let the drivers know what was coming from the overzealous center manager by leaving paperwork out. Unless you have total idiots for supervisors, they will not leave stuff out that they don't want read. So next time you read something, ask yourself why would they want others to read it.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I stand corrected.. It does say discharged.. But what's a write up worth if nothings gonna happen beyond that. They don't even write people up in our center for anything to do with telematics..
Some center manager's just love passing out warning letters. Nothing will really happen if you get a couple of warning letters based on telematics. But, if you keep constantly getting them, watch your mirrors because they will most likely be following you to observe it. They can then discharge you.