Telematics and production

pretzel_man

This guy also said something else interesting. He said our district was the only one 100% on telematics and UPS wasn't going to release any more money for it until they evaluated how it went with us.

In 2009, Telematics is being deployed to one center in each district. Its also being deployed to one complete district. (South New Englad I think)

How well 2009 goes will determaine dployment in 2010 and beyond.

P-Man

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
In 2009, Telematics is being deployed to one center in each district. Its also being deployed to one complete district. (South New Englad I think)

How well 2009 goes will determaine dployment in 2010 and beyond.

P-Man

To infinity and beyond!!!
buzz.gif

upssup

As an automotive Supervisor the benefits of Telematics is going to be great. It will allow us the ability to know what issues a car is having and in some cases the required fix while it is still in service, this in turn will help to keep a driver in his assigned car. My involvement with Telematics is not that extensive yet, but from what I understood, the number one concern with the drivers was going to be safety. Seatbelt use being the biggest concern along with bulkhead doors, now the interpretation that Operations may have of the system I am sure will be production. To me it seems if you are doing the job as required you should not have anything to worry about correct?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
As an automotive Supervisor the benefits of Telematics is going to be great. It will allow us the ability to know what issues a car is having and in some cases the required fix while it is still in service, this in turn will help to keep a driver in his assigned car. My involvement with Telematics is not that extensive yet, but from what I understood, the number one concern with the drivers was going to be safety. Seatbelt use being the biggest concern along with bulkhead doors, now the interpretation that Operations may have of the system I am sure will be production. To me it seems if you are doing the job as required you should not have anything to worry about correct?

I didn't realize the black hole UPS was pouring their money into was in Automotive. Time to buy stock now, that leak is apparently plugged !!!!

:rolleyes2:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Don't lie, don't cheat, don't steal and do your job to the best of "YOUR" ability while following their methods and no one has anything to worry about !

Some are better at it then others. The worse ones will be cut off like the ends of a stick of pepperoni. You can't have that on a corporate cracker platter !

pudg00

pudg00
Wrote up a car for slipping clutch. Next day the car was back on the line DVIR said OK TO RUN. That day clutch went out on area. If they won't fix it when I fill out my DVIR why should I think they will fix it when a computer screen tells them to. Talked to a mechanic the other day he said "Because volume is down we can RED TAG cars for more problems than before". Now I just ad exhaust leaking into cab and they have to pull the car.