Telematics Discipline?

klein

Für Meno :)
i urinate in a bottle about 10 times a day,, easy,, go into the back of the truck, go into the bottle,, done in about 50 seconds,, really a silly thing to get upset about.. i would not want to waste hrs a day looking for public restrooms just to show them...

I even gave up on bottles, had a few subcluded areas, stand on the passenger side, open door, it's done !
(don't forget to use handrail when peeing ) LOL

Other then that, rural farms were great.
Had a darn farm dog, trying to drink my pee while I was at it.
So, didn't do that again.
Open door, stand, finish - was the best solution.

Honestly, if you think us drivers could go to the washroom, each and everytime (I suppose it depends on the individual route), but no, no time for that . With me, well maybe 60% inside a washroom, thats it.
Unless you decide not to drink any fluids at all, and risk dehydration.

I did go out of my way for construction portables in new neighborhoods, but come winter time, they are all gone.

Shazam!

here is food for thought....what about the company boy who goes out there delivering 170 stops with the bulk head door open and car idling. His numbers look great so the company never messes with him, but will they pull up his telematic sparcs and tell him to use the methods even though it will slow him down and hurt their numbers or will they overlook his methods violations because he looks great on the report...

Last edited:

GeorgiaBrown

At a recent PCM, the center manager held up big blown up color pictures of half full coke bottles, except it wasn't coke...more like mountain dew...... she said "last night some disgusting person left these in his package car and the folks in carwash would appreciate it if this would not happen again"..... we all got a good laugh out of it....I am sure the driver got a good talking to but probably was not disciplined.... still not sure who it was......

klein

here is food for thought....what about the company boy who goes out there delivering 170 stops with the bulk head door open and car idling. His numbers look great so the company never messes with him, but will they pull up his telematic sparcs and tell him to use the methods even though it will slow him down and hurt their numbers or will they overlook his methods violations because he looks great on the report...

I know what you mean. Was always afraid of that, if it would ever happen to me. I did exactly that (bulkhead door open, idle) most of the time, on quickstops, like rezis..

Only way I could get my job done.
I'm out of it now, but I do know, if my replacement isn't doing the same, he is screwed.

tworavens

JuniorMember for 24 Years

In our center those guys were the first to get targeted, good numbers notwithstanding.

morgahorse

In our center those guys were the first to get targeted, good numbers notwithstanding.

I'll believe that when I see it because we have a handful of guys in our center that run and gun (one has actually been caught with truck idling when he was no where near it) and these guys are done by 3:30, 4:30 every day (another even backed into something and didn't say anything till the end of the day). They still have their jobs and its amazing when others do their routes when they're on vacation you don't get done or drive as many miles as the regular driver.

tieguy

Banned
W.T.friend.
You guys should be ashamed of yourselfs. Why would you piss in a bottle? Are you any different than management? Does you manager take a piss bottlre out of his desk?
YOu need to use the restroom......Go use it.....Lets see them fire you for having to relieve yourself.
One of mgmt biggest attacks on us drivers is the "SCARE TACTICS And mind symantics" If they ask you about it..Simply tell them the truth....You are human and you had to relief yourself!
What would an arbitrator rule on a driver leaving route to take ******??

there are routes out there that you could turn into an over twenty just by searching for a bathroom everytime you needed one.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Never near a bathroom when I have to go. In the back of the truck in a large cup. Always on Company time. If they want me to drink fluids, they can pay me to process them.

helenofcalifornia

I don't get it. It's not like your kidneys are not giving you a warning for at least a half hour that you have to pee. So why don't you go at a business stop? Rural area's I sorta understand, but still you deliver to business out there too.

We have a pee bottle that has been sitting out in the parking lot for about a month. No one wants to touch it. I also removed a drivers garbage can out of his truck after finding one too many piss bottles left in it. And this is a city driver too. YUCK!!!!!

If women don't HAVE to pee in their trucks while driving, men shouldn't have to either. Piss bottles are a pet peeve of mine. Found too many of them in my lifetime.

klein

I don't get it. It's not like your kidneys are not giving you a warning for at least a half hour that you have to pee. So why don't you go at a business stop? Rural area's I sorta understand, but still you deliver to business out there too.

We have a pee bottle that has been sitting out in the parking lot for about a month. No one wants to touch it. I also removed a drivers garbage can out of his truck after finding one too many piss bottles left in it. And this is a city driver too. YUCK!!!!!

If women don't HAVE to pee in their trucks while driving, men shouldn't have to either. Piss bottles are a pet peeve of mine. Found too many of them in my lifetime.

All I can say : It's a mans world !
I think we do pee more then you. Who knows ?
We got to do what we got to do...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
there are routes out there that you could turn into an over twenty just by searching for a bathroom everytime you needed one.

Correct. So...in the interests of being reasonable and giving and a fair days work for a fair days pay, I will more often than not find a convenient bush or tree or something. I suspect most drivers would do the same.

It would be nice if, in the same spirit of being reasonable...the company would kindly refrain from busting our balls over 90-second discrepancies in Telematics reports, or for driving 6 blocks off trace in order to find a place to take a crap.

Unfortunately...the word "reasonable" is no longer in the language of the modern UPS supervisor. Blind, unthinking, unyeilding obedience to the mandates of Corporate is the only way to survive and be promoted. Common sense left long ago.

soberups

I don't get it. It's not like your kidneys are not giving you a warning for at least a half hour that you have to pee. So why don't you go at a business stop? Rural area's I sorta understand, but still you deliver to business out there too...

In a truly rural area there are usually plenty of bushes and trees.

Business stops are fine for taking a pee...but when its time for #2 I insist on using a public restroom such as a gas station or restraunt. No way am I going to go in and nuke some dinky little one-stall office bathroom that the secretary will have to use after I am gone. That is downright unprofessional.

soberups

People think I'm joking when I say this but I'm dead serious; UPS needs to cut an 8" hole in the floor of the package compartment with a little hinged lid. If you had to pee you could just go in the back, shut the door, flip the lid up and fire away. If it were over the raised wheel well, even the ladies could use it.

soberups

Before too long, there will be cameras will be mounted in package cars. One over the drivers right shoulder and another above the jump seat pointed right at YOU.

And if such cameras were installed in my car, they would be cleaning boogers off of the lenses every single day.:wink2:

SKAGITDRIVER

I do believe it is federal law that you can not be denied bathroom privileges they can request that you go on your break time but if you have to go you have to go

rod

Retired 22 years
I think it boils down to "if you have to"- pee in a bottle but for gods sakes take it out of the truck when you return to building. No on wants to handle your piss bottle-- or should they.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
People think I'm joking when I say this but I'm dead serious; UPS needs to cut an 8" hole in the floor of the package compartment with a little hinged lid. If you had to pee you could just go in the back, shut the door, flip the lid up and fire away. If it were over the raised wheel well, even the ladies could use it.

5 degrees in January and bare skin on that metal wheel well. That would be one interesting 911 call. :surprised: