Tentative Agreement

opie

Re: Hall and Hoffa are selling us out!!

Why vote yes on something, when we don't know the details? Local 177 has until November 1st, but I don't know if they can come up with better health plan than the proposed TeamCare 'C-6' plan. They only have to match the C-6 plan. It's possible they can come up with better, but it's likely they will just throw us in the Central States plan. With all this uncertainty, a no vote is the only logical choice.

stink219

Hall and Hoffa are selling us out!!

My letter? Lol. You obviously know zero about me.
I just find it funny on how many threads of the EXACT same posts by the whining, over and over and over and over and over......
I'm still waiting for someone to post the "dream" contract. Fact is that Hall included changes for everyone. Yet, people think we still got screwed.
People will fight to the death against the union yet they roll over for the company and walk with their tails between their legs. File a grievance? "No way!" Follow the methods regardless of time constraint? "I'd have a target on my back!"
What has happened to some people? Jesus!

jaker

trolling

I will say it again , the popular vote will not happen

All these people saying no , but I bet it will pass

OptimusPrime

Explain it to me like I am 5 years old. I just don't get it. Under this proposal, top pay would be around $37? That's around 75K working only 40 hours a week. That's with top guys getting 7 weeks vacation, and I'm not sure how many personal days. 4? I'm not saying our job isn't rough, but damn, how about we save something for a rainy day?

texan

Hall and Hoffa are selling us out. They bragged about how this is the best contract because no pay for healthcare for their members. But you ask any one that has called the central plan number, they will say we are going to pay and the coverage is not as good as thay are showing in the side by side slide show. There is a lot of fine print that's is really going to shock you. That's why the west states and local 177 have until nov 1st to look for a better plan. The stood up and said this is not good enough. It's are turn as members to say no. Even if you are already in a teammsters plan because if we all say no then we all can get a better plan. Because if this contract goes through. Then watch the money come out of are pockets, and then the ones that voted yes or not at all will be like (crap I should have voted no). Then sorry to late. VOTE NO OR GET A BIGGER WALLET. YOUR CHOICE. P.S you can vote yes to the supplement and no to master for any one that is new.

Thinking ahead...

I wonder what 2018 brings?
Obamacare socks union health plans with 40% tax | WashingtonExaminer.com

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Right on bro we def got sold out! This contract benefits hoffa and hall not us! We got a backward system working here. Our leaders are supposed to look out for its members and fight for them. Not roll over like sissies and do whatever the company wants. Why all the concessions? THese contracts keep getting worse for us. Dont forget THE UNION built UPS to the cash cow it is today. ON our friend**ckin backs!

I talked to a coworker the other day that basically said cut my pay if u want just please let me have healthcare. This guys wouldn't vote no if they asked for his first born. I did get him to at least admit that contracts are now negotiated to take care of union leaders and ups. They could all care less about us.

Guys ups is the teamsters cash cow. They will not bite the hand that feeds them.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Re: Re contract

Re retire health plan. Is it "retiree plus" mean plus wife and children under 26 still full time students or just wife? Hope we find out before there are no other options. I wonder if the stock price went up so much a few months ago because this contract was already bought?

For retirees it is just a little different. No Obama rules here, if you have a student he/she will only be covered until the age of 25 under your healthcare plan, not 26. If they don't attend school, then 19 yrs of age is when they're off the plan.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
overtime is coming to an end or will atleast be cut in half with the next 2 yrs. 100k will be far out of reach!

This is funny! You realize how much money it costs UPS to put another driver on the road? They would rather stick it to you and make you stay out and pay you overtime, it would be cheaper in the long run. A driver in my center made just short of 90k in 2009 and he was the second highest paid package car driver in the United States. His bosses caught flak for it, but the driver was still out there pushing the 60 hour envelope every week the next year. Management is out to break your bones, stamina, and self worth.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

For retirees it is just a little different. No Obama rules here, if you have a student he/she will only be covered until the age of 25 under your healthcare plan, not 26. If they don't attend school, then 19 yrs of age is when they're off the plan.

If the dependent is in school they will be covered until they turn 23, not 25.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

Check your W2. Unless you have 7 children you won't reach 27,500. I have me and my 2 kids on the plan and UPS payed 17,400. I have a friend that has 6 on his plan and UPS payed out 21500. Most UPSers won't have to worry about the plan.

You might as well forget arguing this point. The people who repeat this argument only see what they want to see. I have six people on my insurance and my amount was less than yours. I tried pointing out that the 40% excise tax is ONLY above the 27,500 amount. But trying to explain that to the reactionaries is like trying to teach Queen's English to a dog. It ain't happening.

You might as well forget arguing this point. The people who repeat this argument only see what they want to see. I have six people on my insurance and my amount was less than yours. I tried pointing out that the 40% excise tax is ONLY above the 27,500 amount. But trying to explain that to the reactionaries is like trying to teach Queen's English to a dog. It ain't happening.
Lolololololol

The Milkman

This is funny! You realize how much money it costs UPS to put another driver on the road? They would rather stick it to you and make you stay out and pay you overtime, it would be cheaper in the long run. A driver in my center made just short of 90k in 2009 and he was the second highest paid package car driver in the United States. His bosses caught flak for it, but the driver was still out there pushing the 60 hour envelope every week the next year. Management is out to break your bones, stamina, and self worth.

Always has and always will be, you can bet on it..And as the contract deadline approaches it will only get worse..:knockedout:

Xexys

Retired and Happy

If the dependent is in school they will be covered until they turn 23, not 25.

I guess I got wrong information when I called the 800 number when I was trying to straighten out my insurance. Thanks for the headsup. I have one more step daughter that will most likely go to college in a couple of years.

rudy5150

You really think UPS plans on paying its full time drivers 100k a yr ? hahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahaa

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You really think UPS plans on paying its full time drivers 100k a yr ? hahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahaa

I work very little overtime and made $70K last year. With the $3.90 in total raises over the course of the next 5 years and just a little bit of overtime I will be in the low to mid $80K range. Drivers who work a significant amount of overtime could realistically break $100K.