Tentative Agreement

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I think its ridiculous that the union charges initiation fees like that to a low paying job with few hours. I saw a Preloader's paper timecard printout Friday morning, he barely had 15 hours all week. Maybe the union could increase membership if they dropped those fees, but they are more interested in a buck.

Amazes me too at my fellow drivers griping about paying a tiny co-pay to see a doctor or something. Some of the people on here act like we live under a caste system or something in this country. You got people yelling for a strike like their world is coming to an end. A lot of MEsters everywhere, and they think its alright to screw over their part time "Brothers" that they probably won't even look in their face.

Most permanent PT hires here begin their career on-call, working 2-3 days per week. Imagine getting a check for $41 after taxes, and seeing $25 in initiation fees whacked out, netting you $16 for the pair of days you worked.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Hmmmm ... preload then.
From a boxline, slide or belt?

I assumed it was hub because a preloader is usually around 180 - 220 PPH.
I never observed anyone pulling 325 PPH.
I still don't know what type of operation he is referring to.

We have slides here, and we have several Preloaders whose area has ~1250 packages each day. Most receive some help... usually from the PT sup, but also after the input concludes.

​and before anybody says anything....
When I was steward, I use to file on the PT sup working ... only to have the Preloaders get upset with me 'how else am I suppose to do this..." so I gave up.

HubBub

Most permanent PT hires here begin their career on-call, working 2-3 days per week. Imagine getting a check for $41 after taxes, and seeing $25 in initiation fees whacked out, netting you $16 for the pair of days you worked.

No paid holidays in the first year was fun too. Nothing like dreading a holiday because you have bills to pay.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We have slides here, and we have several Preloaders whose area has ~1250 packages each day. Most receive some help... usually from the PT sup, but also after the input concludes.

​and before anybody says anything....
When I was steward, I use to file on the PT sup working ... only to have the Preloaders get upset with me 'how else am I suppose to do this..." so I gave up.
1250 is a lot of packages ... I assume there is no attempt at a stop for stop load.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
LOL! Even with the OT, it's much cheaper to work two drivers 60-hours each than it is to work 3 drivers 40-hours each.

In 2018, drivers will need to average less than 7 hours per week of OT to reach the 100K mark (and this is not factoring into route bonuses). Thus, the overwhelming majority of drivers will hit the 100K mark in 2018.
You are assuming that all the drivers will be making the same per hour. How about if one driver is making $37 an hour and the 2 drivers next to him are making $21 in their wage progression? I am not complaining. There has been years I have worked an average of 2 to 2 1/2 hours OT a day and years where I am lucky to get 1 hour per day. Just saying.
But do you think IE isn't going to run the numbers on this scenario?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Def a no vote. But There's clowns on here praising hall like. he did a good job!!! Hopefully the majority of the voters know how to read and have common sense

oh hef, arent you cute...this company LIVES to treat its employees like dogs...which is sad because it doesnt have to be like that!

Everyone votes no on every contract yet they all seem to pass. This one will be no different.

U know the union guys can say whatever they want but there's no reason for teamsters not to have a PDF of the entire contract on their site right now.

You have no details right now on how your health care is effected. I have union-run health insurance and I have no problems to bitch about.

You are being carried away if you stay in part time employment.

The median household income in the US is $52,762 (as of 2011)
I worked 6 years part time and now have 13 years as a full time driver and i made $80,000+

SO PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW UPS HAS SCREWED US AND KEEPS ME FROM LIVING THE AMERICAN DREAM

The number 1 complaint from part timers on this site was the low starting wage PERIOD. Nothing else
A full time drivers number 1 complaint on this site is not his salary but harassment and overworking.

From what I see from LEAKED contract proposals, PART TIMERS GOT THEIR WISH, WE DIDN'T

The more I read, the more I investigate what was said at the rallies, the more I connect the dots....the more I am convinced we were all bamboozled into this union run healthcare. The plans for us all to go into a union plan was in motion long before hall supposedly walked away from the negotiation table.

They (UPS AND THE UNION) knew from the get go they would have a hard time selling the rank and file on the Union running the healthcare. They (UPS AND UNION) came up with a plan to scare everyone into thinking that WE could end up paying 30/60/90. Get everyone fired up and angry. This was to lighten the blow of a Union run healthcare plan. Then come back and say "we made progress, UPS has come down to 20/40/60 but that isn't good enough". Then come out with the "we have a great contract". Trying to give the impression that they fought a good fight and got us a great contract. All the while they got a lot of the rank and file to accept the healthcare issue as a "well, at least we aren't paying 30/60/90"

It was a plan, and not a well executed one at that!! They can blow me.

People in general are sheeple. Doesn't take much to pull wool over the eyes of sheeple.

Which is why everyone should say

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!

It's really about all we can control.

Better get one of those 22.3 jobs asap. Then you will see. The what the ft driver has to deal with daily. From terrible loads to management harassment. Improve yourself

mancini

I fail to see why some part timers think they should be paid enough money to not work another job. A part time job is not meant to pay all your bills. The part time jobs are the simplest they have ever been. Part timers used to have to know street address to preload and zip codes splits for local sorting.

UPS Preloader

I fail to see why some part timers think they should be paid enough money to not work another job. A part time job is not meant to pay all your bills. The part time jobs are the simplest they have ever been. Part timers used to have to know street address to preload and zip codes splits for local sorting.

Some PT's might feel that way and that is wrong. Most PT's just want a fair days pay for a fair days work!

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
1250 is a lot of packages ... I assume there is no attempt at a stop for stop load.

It happens every day actually. I don't leave any packages off unless 100% of the package car is filled, or unless it's a dump stop that simply won't fit into the package car. But every time the driver sups/CMs blast me for not being able to make it fit. When you get eight giant Pottery Barn boxes going into an 8 cube already filled with 180 stops/300 packages, I don't know what they expect...

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
You are assuming that all the drivers will be making the same per hour. How about if one driver is making $37 an hour and the 2 drivers next to him are making $21 in their wage progression? I am not complaining. There has been years I have worked an average of 2 to 2 1/2 hours OT a day and years where I am lucky to get 1 hour per day. Just saying.
But do you think IE isn't going to run the numbers on this scenario?

OK, I'll correct my post: "99% of UPS drivers will be earning at least 80K, and potentially 100K (if they average less than 7 hours of OT/bonus per week) come 2018." Better?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

Using your logic, driving jobs are simpler than they've ever been (you know what's on the truck, how many pieces & can use your phone's GPS feature to locate foreign stops), therefore drivers should be taking pay cuts. In actuality, the simplicity has been replaced with significantly more work; preloaders (at least in my facility) are loading DOUBLE what they use to in LESS TIME. And in the unload, we use be allotted 3-hours to unload a 48' drop frame. Now we're expected to consistently unload a 53' in 90-minutes. Sure, the power rollers (extendo) make it easier... but they only stretch 32', then the old school t-stand / rollers 10' ... and then for the final 11', you walk it off. Try walking a few dozen 50 lb. boxers of paper realms, text books, etc. 11' ... and still finishing in 90-minutes.

Nor do I believe PTers should be 'paid enough money to not work another job.' I believe PTers should be compensated fairly. Paying a 5-year PTer just over $13/hour with a 3.5 guarantee whereas a driver earns $33/hour -- in a union shop -- is pathetic. My PT job (getting up, the amount of work, the physical labor) is putting FT wear & tear on my body.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
OK, I'll correct my post: "99% of UPS drivers will be earning at least 80K, and potentially 100K (if they average less than 7 hours of OT/bonus per week) come 2018." Better?

Holy crap! He figured it out. Pt needs to take thier breaks when they are up to take. It's. Up to you guys if you want this to pass or not. Pt needs dictate how long it takes to unload a trailer. Don't let them push numbers. That really mean nothing

Macbrother

I see this line of reasoning quite often and it always amazes me. At 19 hours a week (my usual average, some PTers work a little more, a little less) it'd take over $30 an hour to make a wage you could live off of. Do you see anyone here asking for that type of money? I don't think something like a catch up raise is too much to ask given A) The unique and inflexible hours we work, B) The extreme physical nature of the job and the toll it takes on you physically and mentally, and, C) the time it takes to make FT. It's a war-zone in there, most days I'm relieved to be walking out the door alive and in one piece.

smart girl

Funny how taxes are not figured in? Here in PA our school taxes are soaring and the state is cutting alot.
We have no idea of real cost with everyday something goes array and insurance is rising and one needs it.

RealPerson

On my sort we use to have 3 sorters, then it went to just one, till every ones back kept going out. Now they are back to 2 sorters 3 days a week. I might work Part time hours but I do Most jobs Full time work in that part time, time frame. So I expect to be paid at least DOUBLE Min wage to start. When I started my pay was close to double min wage, and I got full benefits very quickly, for the family also.

Hall and Hoffa are selling us out!!

Hall and Hoffa are selling us out. They bragged about how this is the best contract because no pay for healthcare for their members. But you ask any one that has called the central plan number, they will say we are going to pay and the coverage is not as good as thay are showing in the side by side slide show. There is a lot of fine print that's is really going to shock you. That's why the west states and local 177 have until nov 1st to look for a better plan. The stood up and said this is not good enough. It's are turn as members to say no. Even if you are already in a teammsters plan because if we all say no then we all can get a better plan. Because if this contract goes through. Then watch the money come out of are pockets, and then the ones that voted yes or not at all will be like (crap I should have voted no). Then sorry to late. VOTE NO OR GET A BIGGER WALLET. YOUR CHOICE. P.S you can vote yes to the supplement and no to master for any one that is new.

rudy5150

Re: Hall and Hoffa are selling us out!!

Right on bro we def got sold out! This contract benefits hoffa and hall not us! We got a backward system working here. Our leaders are supposed to look out for its members and fight for them. Not roll over like sissies and do whatever the company wants. Why all the concessions? THese contracts keep getting worse for us. Dont forget THE UNION built UPS to the cash cow it is today. ON our friend**ckin backs!

dei8

Couldnt agree more. VOTE NO. Why would we want worse health benefits than what we had. Let alone the other BS. I cant find much good in this new contract. UPS made 5 billion last year, why are we giving anything back?

Right on bro we def got sold out! This contract benefits hoffa and hall not us! We got a backward system working here. Our leaders are supposed to look out for its members and fight for them. Not roll over like sissies and do whatever the company wants. Why all the concessions? THese contracts keep getting worse for us. Dont forget THE UNION built UPS to the cash cow it is today. ON our friend**ckin backs!
I tell anyone that hates unions. I tell them ups wouldn't be what they are now if it wasn't for the union and it's members. Jim Casey knew this. He knew that when he would loose control and be out of the picture that the company would sheet on us and put the company in a downward spiral. That's way he didn't put up a fight and let the union come in. But IBT and the big brown don't see that any more. The company always is try to sheet on us, but now they sheet on customers. Keep it up brain train. What hasn't brown done for you!!