Tentative agreement

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Brownslave688, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Coldworld

Coldworld Bad mall cop...no donut!!!

Don’t tell that to @Brownslave688 ... nobody needs to see his banana sling...lol

2. Lions for Lambs

Lions for Lambs Active Member

Not only that but if all they do is freeze these full-time driving jobs and don't create new ones, which common sense says they would have to, but assuming the pace of new full-time jobs now is slowed down because of these hybrid jobs, it will be harder for guys who want to drive full-time to get them especially outlining centers with a limited amount of these jobs to begin with.

3. PizzaToUps

PizzaToUps Member

Can a cover driver who is 1 year in progression move into the hybrid driver spot to be full time? I hope my $27 an hour will be red circled too. Anyone got info on this?

4. Coldworld

Dude... there are guys in feeder who only want 8 or 9 hours... I know there are some that want 90 hours a week but that is one reason why in this area they are having trouble getting feeder and pc drivers at all... many don’t want 10 or 11 hour days...

5. Total package

Total package We can rebuild him

If ups can make money now Mon thru Friday they can pay "hybrids" the same delivery rate on Saturdays and Sundays or whenever the hell they work for whatever time they're on road. If the company backs out then scrap the whole damn idea. There, problem solved

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. dogs.bite.me

dogs.bite.me Active Member

but these FT drivers will eventually make more than the TCD. He will never top out more than a hybrid, even if he had 10 years seniority on him.

7. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Every feeder guy I met is a OT whore.

8. Coldworld

And then go from hybrid to full time regular to top out at 40??? That’s the same question I would like to know...ups wants some flexibility here but that does come with a price...

9. Coldworld

Not here bud.... everywhere is different... then you can have all these ot whores go get one of these sleeper team jobs and make even more money....It will open up some bid runs for you...

10. Indecisi0n

They all show me their pay stubs and are so proud. They work every Saturday and Sunday they get the chance. I dont get it.

11. Coldworld

Wdfd!!!!

I’m actually glad you had the fortitude and drive to be proactive about it an I hope there is good raises for everyone’s pension contributions that actually make a difference...

12. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

I think you need to worry more about automation taking your job then not making what a hybrid drive will..

13. Take care of yourself. You can't depend on others to do it for you.

14. Indecisi0n

If they took .50 away from partimers and gave it to us full timers everyone would be happy.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Coldworld

We have some automated buildings around here and there still are hundreds of people working there and they STILL hire regularly.... don’t be fooled by this “automation revolution “....

16. Coldworld

Yes... the pension will be a nice extra if it is there at the end... along with social security....

17. It sure would

18. Coldworld

That’s why it would be ideal to get language in the contract that states hybrids can only work on sat and Sunday.... and on a weekday only if there is a dire emergency like half the center calls out on a sick day....and language that states “ no m-f full time driver will be laid off because of work being given to a hybrid driver... furthermore no hybrid driver will work any weekday unless there is an emergency or an act of GOD...”

19. Coldworld

You will get something bud....

20. Should I grab my ankles?