Tentative agreement

F

Frankie's Friend

Okay, here are some common issues with your typical UPS driver

1. 9.5
2. 8 hour requests
3. To much work and harassment.
4. being to afraid to put themselves on the 9.5 list

These drivers/inside combo 22.4 employees will help alleviate a lot of these issues. I wish I could explain more to you, but in the spirit of what is right I will not go to in-depth at this time.

I'll leave you with a caveat. These jobs will give many new members from the part-time ranks the opportunity to go full-time. Some will have less than three years and will make a minimum of 20.50 to start. That is for both work in the building, and out of the building, driving. They will top out over 34.79 an hour like a 22.3 employee. These jobs will appeal to a lot of people who don't want the responsibility of running a full route like a regular package car driver. One more thing I will leave you with is that the number of actual package car drivers who are in existence today,, will not be allowed to decrease. I will let you be the judge, jury, and executioner. Choose wisely
Answer for #1-#4 points:

IDC (I dont care...helping you out) if the driver doesnt have the spine to get on the list, bring the left overs back at 8 hrs, face the harassment and not bend, all the above.

Let them cry during the pcm and in the locker rooms. There's plenty of paper towels in there.

They need to man (or woman) up and quit making everyone else fight their battles for them.

The nlrb is just waiting for people to file for being harassed on the job after exercising their rights negotiated in the cba that covers them. Slam dunk. You know it's true. You do.

But Tony, we've talked (sort of) and I will respect your position but you're wrong.

Saying the 22.4 "hybrid" driving jobs are a fix for those weak examples above is really beneath you. And us.

We're settling for spam when steak is available and affordable.

I haven't seen the language yet (and that's not our fault you know) but if this is a duck we are going to try to roast it in the third week of July.
Bring your family. There'll be plenty to go around.

M

MenInBrown

We’ll see...there are many who don’t want the ot... and if they can only use so many hybrids per building then I’m not too concerned....

I had the same conversation this morning with another Driver. At first, I thought the same thing. There goes the OT, but it really does not fit the UPS model. No matter what, UPS wants less trucks on the road. I think they will still be cutting rts.

Brownpants80

Wow you let them discriminate against you like that? One call to an attorney and you’re wearing a speedo if you want to.
If I get caught I get written up. I've already been told. I have sleeves it's not just one or two tattoos. My thing is they hired me this way... but it's no joke bro. I drink 14 bottles of water in this humidity begging for it to rain because I sweat like a big and get headaches every day. Not to mention the all of a sudden high blood pressure issue which who knows if that's related.

dogs.bite.me

So if the new class starts at 20.50 and ends at 34.79, that means you will make that minimum when you work in the warehouse?? I smell bull:censored2:, no matter how you manipulate things i dont see that being cost effective.

It makes perfect sense when you think about it.
You would replace 2 inside guys when you didn't drive.

2 inside guys making 13/hr for 1 month.
13*17.5 = 227.50*4 = $910 /month per person. Multiply that by 2 (2 part time employees) and you are at $1820/month. Add the insurance cost of about 1500/month. $1500*2 = $3000 + 1820 = $4820 they are paying the part timers per month.

Now with you, you take 2 of those jobs. So you are at 40*20.50 = $820*4 = $3280 + $1500 = $4780

See the company saves $40

:)

Oh and not to mention gets more production out of you and your insurance cost. A lot of part timers I know who work local sort, come in and work an hour or 2 and go home. They are just here for the Insurance not for the $$$

Now when they get to top rate its not so close which is when the company will come down on them and harass and try and make them work harder and faster. That's how I see this playing out. And I don't necessarily like it.

dogs.bite.me

1. 9.5
2. 8 hour requests

These drivers/inside combo 22.4 employees will help alleviate a lot of these issues. I wish I could explain more to you, but in the spirit of what is right I will not go to in-depth at this time.

I'll leave you with a caveat. These jobs will give many new members from the part-time ranks the opportunity to go full-time. Some will have less than three years and will make a minimum of 20.50 to start. That is for both work in the building, and out of the building, driving. They will top out over 34.79 an hour like a 22.3 employee. These jobs will appeal to a lot of people who don't want the responsibility of running a full route like a regular package car driver. One more thing I will leave you with is that the number of actual package car drivers who are in existence today,, will not be allowed to decrease. I will let you be the judge, jury, and executioner. Choose wisely

Won't be reduced..... this contract maybe.. But think about the future. This could be opening a worm hole to someplace unpleasant.

M

MenInBrown

If I get caught I get written up. I've already been told. I have sleeves it's not just one or two tattoos. My thing is they hired me this way... but it's no joke bro. I drink 14 bottles of water in this humidity begging for it to rain because I sweat like a big and get headaches every day. Not to mention the all of a sudden high blood pressure issue which who knows if that's related.

Dude I’d be contacting an attorney and osha. UPS preaches safety. Your health is more important.

M

MenInBrown

1. 9.5
2. 8 hour requests

I’m filing yet another 9.5 grievance Monday morning. Not one day under 10 hours this week.

Brownpants80

Shouldn't I file somthing first with them to have somthing documented that I've asked to wear shorts & shirts. I'm not trying to get fired from some loop hole in the union by contacting an attourney without proper proof that I've asked a million times.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Please. Most of these drivers live above their means. Once the OT dries up they will all be in trouble.
I agree. Talk this morning with some drivers and they are worried about their ot being taken away. I on the other hand want 40hr and I’m good. I have a life outside work and want to actually see my daughter grow up. I got in the 9/5 list after 6 months of driving and I get 3-4hrs if OT a week that’s plenty for me even too much sometimes.

M

MenInBrown

The problem I see is you said they hired you with the tats. I would wear the shorts bc of health and wellness. If they wrote me up, I would file for discrimination and file a complaint with osha. If they didn’t back off, I’d bring in my brother, who just so happens to be an attorney. They may have a rule for appearance but when that crosses the line into the health and well being of myself, that’s a problem. A problem I’m sure they don’t want to pay for.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
They are happy because they are at top rate.
This contract is pure garbage
I was thinking that too as a feeder driver. I got emails from other drivers that like this contract but they are all old and ready to retire like I am. If this contract is not good for part timers then it's up to them to get out and vote.

that would be a first.

dogs.bite.me

Yea if you cover drive and get 30days you start at like 29-30 or something. Then if you go full time you keep that for 4yrs.. if you skip cover and go straight to full time you start at 18.75 then 19.50 21 25 then too out 4th year. But you are guaranteed to drive 8hr.. I couldn’t afford a tdc bc I need a set income.

Need to have 30 TCD punches in a 120 day period to be red circled at the TCD rate here in the South. I was red circled when I went FT. Couldnt imagine dropping to 18.75

dogs.bite.me

There should be clifnotes for those of us that are new and it's our first negotiations. Being newer I dont get very much of this. Makes it hard to vote. Everyone looks at pay who doesnt understand much of it, Including me. I've asked my steward questions and I get gibberish as if I know what was going on in contracts before I became part of Teamsters. The way I'm seeing it and am clearly not understanding... the hybrid drivers for example.. it sucks delivering 200+ a day in :censored2:ed up trucks that are completely out of order. So wouldn't a hybrid driver help us out with this? Why is it a bad thing?
Talk to your steward. Ask questions. Talk to your BA. Go to Union Meetings. ASK QUESTIONS. Thats what us stewards are here for.

Tony Q

Answer for #1-#4 points:

IDC (I dont care...helping you out) if the driver doesnt have the spine to get on the list, bring the left overs back at 8 hrs, face the harassment and not bend, all the above.

Let them cry during the pcm and in the locker rooms. There's plenty of paper towels in there.

They need to man (or woman) up and quit making everyone else fight their battles for them.

The nlrb is just waiting for people to file for being harassed on the job after exercising their rights negotiated in the cba that covers them. Slam dunk. You know it's true. You do.

But Tony, we've talked (sort of) and I will respect your position but you're wrong.

Saying the 22.4 "hybrid" driving jobs are a fix for those weak examples above is really beneath you. And us.

We're settling for spam when steak is available and affordable.

I haven't seen the language yet (and that's not our fault you know) but if this is a duck we are going to try to roast it in the third week of July.
Bring your family. There'll be plenty to go around.
Thank you for the invite. I hunt duck, and love to eat it actually. I'm afraid I won't be able to make this roast though.

dogs.bite.me

Anyone know when the full contract will be available?

Called my BA today. He said he didn't even have it yet. He said it wouldn't be released to the public until the Supplements are all completed. Meeting for supplements is July 9-12. So I would guess we won't see it (unless leaked) until mid July.