Tentative agreement

mikejonesjr

That's notthno close to the initial offer and we have never got those kind of raises.
I know we havent gotten those raises. But the union proposed 1.25 annually for current including 25 cent catch up yearly. I suspect they will meet in the middle somewhere

Box Ox

Oh I understand, But you think your average college kids cares? Free beer money, they could careless if they are selling us out. All UPS needs is to get PT to vote and us Full-Timers are totally screwed.

Agree. Every FT who worked a PT sort think back to how little you were making per week.

Now imagine what UPS might offer them to push a bad contract through.

Hollow indignation seeing how the drivers screwed over part-timers for a quarter century.

That's like saying Trump voters screwed over Clinton voters because not enough of the far greater number of Clinton voters turned out.

542thruNthru

Can't wait to see and hear about all the locals camped outside the building hitting up every person that walks out. Telling us how great this contract is. I can almost see it now. Hitting every PT worker that walks by.

Using the PT workers to pass the contract because all they will see is a big carrot and not realize it's dangling from a 10 foot pole.

HereWeGoAgain

I've been saying that for years, I've been planning to not have a pension for 13 years. I'd rather invest my own retirement than it to go to a pension I may never see or never totally earn. You never know if you could get a career ending injury or get terminated, and you would get pennies on the dollar.

wilberforce15

after taxes you get like 500 bucks, so no

Bonus checks and OT are taxed at the exact same rate as everything else. They usually have withholdings at higher rate, but not higher taxes. Bonus money and OT are the exact same to the tax man as regular wages other than that.

35years

Gravy route
.70 .80 .90 1.00 1.00

Is a 2.0% raise!

Unless the improvement to pension, health, 9.5 and 60+ hours is huge,
it is a great big NO vote

Last edited: