Tentative agreement

bbsam

Staff member
The South carried the last contract, I can tell you without a doubt, including myself, if things are how they’ve been leaked, this agreement won’t get the votes.
Does the contract even matter? Seems like UPS does what they want anyway and intimidates employees into submission.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Does the contract even matter? Seems like UPS does what they want anyway and intimidates employees into submission.
And that right there is why you see the blind rage behind the “vote No regardless” feeling everyone has. Then you have people here that actually are voting no because the leaked language is hot garbage.

Combine the two, you have a DOA agreement.

bbsam

Staff member
And that right there is why you see the blind rage behind the “vote No regardless” feeling everyone has. Then you have people here that actually are voting no because the leaked language is hot garbage.

Combine the two, you have a DOA agreement.
Agreed. I think the company would have a lot of support if they simply followed their agreed upon contract.

Oh, I agree. I bet you almost make as much as I do. I just don’t have to grind my joints up to get paid.:)
I make more than you think, plus I have benefits, health care, some kind of a pension,sick days, personal days, vacation and paid holidays. I also get free uniforms, don't have to pay for gas and maintenance on my package car.....

bbsam

Staff member
I make more than you think, plus I have benefits, health care, some kind of a pension,sick days, personal days, vacation and paid holidays. I also get free uniforms, don't have to pay for gas and maintenance on my package car.....
Yes. I pay for all those things. Of course they make for great tax deductions so let’s just say I make far more than you think.

UPS Preloader

I dont think there is a part timer who wouldnt take 4 hours inside pay and 4 hours at 30 a day. However i dont think many part timers will even vote. Im in a decent size hub. Our BA has been in the building 4 times in 10 months which is appalling.

The only way for it to work is to get the same rate for inside work as they do for delivering. Time spent delivering should not exceed the time spent working inside the building. Still somewhat of a concession, but anything less is a huge concession.