Terminated for fraudulent documentation

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They can call it falsifying, which is considered lying, which is fireable. It seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot, though. Based on what you wrote there is no way that a panel would uphold that, which means you get your job back with back pay. Sounds like you have a few grievances you can file too. I wouldn't worry about being harassed when you get back to work, because it will be really easy to establish retaliation. Just cool your heels, wait for and show up to your panel, and then get back to being more excellent every day.

Excellent? He has a long way to go just to attain mediocrity.

Indecisi0n

So to simplify things was it a missed pickup he got fired for?
Yes. I never understood how dumb drivers are. If your on a regular route first off you shouldn't even need the DIAD to know what your pickups are. If one is missing I'm going there anyway to make sure it wasn't a mistake. I use unscheduled (I know some center don't ) in these situations.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What’s a metro
I'm still wondering what a metro is??
A little car from the 90's?

2000-Chevrolet-Metro-Base.jpg

Oceanview

My union steward was the one who told me to wait to file. He said they still had til the 16th to charge me with the accident. So he suggested I wait til the 20th day to file. Was that a bad decision?

Oceanview

It sounds to me like they believe you probably are guilty of the accident but can't pin it on you for whatever reason.

They then intentionally over dispatched you to get your attention, but instead of calling for help since you were buried, you got sloppy and now see the result of trying to accomplish the nearly impossible. It's a rookie mistake.

At panel (discuss this with your BA extensively prior to that) you're best bet is to be very apologetic and explain your confusion due to the heavy day and your inexperience. JMHO. I can buy your story, if in fact the accident charge was bogus and you've been honest with them on it. If, on the other hand you're in the habit of making things up as you go, they'll eat you alive at panel. Count on mgmt to bring the accident and anything you may have left out here that is a negative in your personnel file to your hearing and using it to paint you as a bad guy.

I hope you are being up front here and will be there.

Good luck.

Well the accident and this missed pick up are to the best of my knowledge the only mistakes I've made. I mean I've missed a call tag once before but that's just about it. Ijs don't I need to be held to The same standard as everyone else? I'm sure @ one point we have all missed a pick up destination.. I know this for a fact.

I'd just like to add that this was not a bulk pick up stop. I came to find out the stop I missed had 2 packages. But I guess it makes it worse because I missed them on a Friday.

DRporch

no matter how long it takes you need to focus on all things but the stop count. they will send help if its required. no need to rush through a day. its a by the hour paid job and you get help when behind. its normal every driver gets help at somepoint. and yes you should know all scheduled pickup stops by now and never lead with the excuse "i assumed they didnt pay the bill" just simply say you accidentally stop completed it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Well the accident and this missed pick up are to the best of my knowledge the only mistakes I've made. I mean I've missed a call tag once before but that's just about it. Ijs don't I need to be held to The same standard as everyone else? I'm sure @ one point we have all missed a pick up destination.. I know this for a fact.

I'd just like to add that this was not a bulk pick up stop. I came to find out the stop I missed had 2 packages. But I guess it makes it worse because I missed them on a Friday.

Don’t make excuses

They want to see you own it

Oceanview

no matter how long it takes you need to focus on all things but the stop count. they will send help if its required. no need to rush through a day. its a by the hour paid job and you get help when behind. its normal every driver gets help at somepoint. and yes you should know all scheduled pickup stops by now and never lead with the excuse "i assumed they didnt pay the bill" just simply say you accidentally stop completed it.

Well on here I was just sharing my thoughts of what I assumed. But I did accidentally stop completed it.

oldngray

nowhere special
A missed pick up is bad but it depends on circumstances. Not all shippers are equal and it depends on your work history. Very bad if you are still trying to qualify.