Terminated, in need of help

On my last DOT exam I was given a cup to pee in. I didn't think much of it at the time but I did find it odd that I was never given one before.
I pee in a cup at every DOT physical. Not a drug test. After serving in my states National Guard and having to take random drug test, you will know the difference.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

gumby.jpg

OPTION3

Ouch it hurts so much. Well I am sure the union will due everything to get his job back. I can only judge my local they are useless.
Your original post slammed "your Union"....that's the same Union that got YOU your industry leading wages and benefits. Have you ever done ANYTHING with your local? No? I didn't think so ....typical Union Hater.....sit on your adze and complain while reaping the rewards.....run along TROLL

tacken

Your original post slammed "your Union"....that's the same Union that got YOU your industry leading wages and benefits. Have you ever done ANYTHING with your local? No? I didn't think so ....typical Union Hater.....sit on your adze and complain while reaping the rewards.....run along TROLL
HAHAHAH. What a angry person you are. Can only judge the union in my area, for what they have done.I reap the reward with my hard work. My local is more into backroom deals. So don't hate just the reality of there actions.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Dot drug testing is a federal, standard process, nationally. It's also part of the Master Contract language. There's no way he could/should have taken a drug test without being asked to sign consent and chain of custody forms. In this way, I mean it should have been MADE apparent that he was taking a drug test AND if he didn't sign these forms the results should be voided. You cannot consent to testing, during a physical, without express acknowledgement on file, which provides fair warning to employees with at risk behavior. The chain of custody process is integral to the legitimacy of the test, as well. I assume he knew the testing was a mistake during the visit, based on his statement. If not, I can only shrug my shoulders. Ps, I really only care about the integrity of our contractual rights. I'm in no way an advocate for smoking dope, legal or not.

I agree. But you are missing the point.

He said that when they brought him into the office for "interrogation" that he admitted to smoking marijuana.

UPS does not need the drug test results, even though they should not be admissible in the grievance process because they never should have happened.

Employee admitted to current drug use. Dischargeable offense without a drug test.

I said before, this is a tricky case to defend. If the union takes the stance that the test never should have been done in the first place, UPS just says that the employee admitted to current drug use.

They then may not be so willing to "make a deal."

If the union pleads addiction and that the employee needs help, without fighting the drug test, UPS may be more willing to make a deal.

Thanks to everyone that gave any sort of positive feedback. I really appreciate it.

I filled out the physical form correctly, I was not "high" I know the difference between tests. I went in for my routine physical. At the last second checking in the lady was handing my ID back and then goes "oh sorry I need to keep that you need a drug test." If I were smart I would of said "no I dont" but I thought refusing would make me look worse. How was I to know I wasn't being hit with a random? I've heard of them but never heard of anyone getting one. Apparently I missed the 'one sentence' in article 28. I thought ups policy was the whole section article 35.

That's why I admitted to it in interrogation thought I was just looking at rehab. Only people I've seen fired were for dishonesty so I thought being honest was my best bet.

Dr.Brownz

I could totally see the company cracking down on this in states where weed has been legalized.

Yeah right no one gave two :censored2:s before it was legal, they sure as hell don't now. No one in my center besides feeder drivers get tested and our back up feeder guys never do. The only reason the regular guys do is because they are hardcore union guys and :censored2: with the company every chance they get.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah right no one gave two :censored2:s before it was legal, they sure as hell don't now. No one in my center besides feeder drivers get tested and our back up feeder guys never do. The only reason the regular guys do is because they are hardcore union guys and :censored2: with the company every chance they get.
News flash. Every center and management team is different.