Terminated, in need of help

TheCreepo

A few drivers at my center stay clean a few months prior to renewing there dot card . Just incase of situations like this . Always expect the unexpected ...

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Yeah right no one gave two :censored2:s before it was legal, they sure as hell don't now. No one in my center besides feeder drivers get tested and our back up feeder guys never do. The only reason the regular guys do is because they are hardcore union guys and :censored2: with the company every chance they get.

Nope.

All feeder drivers are on a list. A computer randomly generates names for the random test.

EvanStone

grindin
nohope.png

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
but I thought refusing would make me look worse.

Refusing a test you do not have to take is your right. And once the Doctor realized the mistake, they go on and don't think twice about it.

Just tell them you are here for a DOT re-certification, not a drug test.

Apparently I missed the 'one sentence' in article 28. I thought ups policy was the whole section article 35.

It is Article 35.

Section 3 describes exactly who is tested and for what. I would cut you some slack if you were new, but you said you have been here 8 years.

That's why I admitted to it in interrogation thought I was just looking at rehab. Only people I've seen fired were for dishonesty so I thought being honest was my best bet.

Honesty is the best policy, but never go into a meeting with management for any reason without a Steward with you. If you had a Steward there, you may be working right now.

Not the first time I've been screwed over by misunderstanding or misinterpreting the contract language.

If you do get back, and I sincerely hope you do, get clarification from a Steward on what you do not understand in the contract.

You do not need to memorize the whole thing, but knowing your rights is a must.

The contract states that you are not subject to random testing and have every right to refuse a drug test at a DOT re-certification physical.

Dr.Brownz

Nope.

All feeder drivers are on a list. A computer randomly generates names for the random test.

Sure...thats why our back up feeder drivers never get tested and the regular guys do all the time. Nothing to do with the fact that both have filed numerous grievances and OSHA complaints.

I know one of our back up feeders smokes pot daily and he is never busted. Has been for 15+ years.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
In my 29 years in feeders I probably averaged random testing about 1 time/year. Some times I get 2/year, some times 2 years between. If you are feeder qualified, you are on the list to catch a test. We had a driver who was sent back to packages after peak, and his name came up. His claim was he was currently a package driver, not a feeder driver. Wrong. He stonewalled and stalled as long as he could, then admitted he had been smoking a green leafy substance. He took his pee test shortly thereafter. He had to go thru substance abuse, and jump thru hoops as far as drug tests whenever UPS wanted to do it. Funny thing is, after he fessed up and took his lumps, he tested negative. Go figure.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
No surprise the termination was upheld at the center level hearing. They want you to sweat and stress until the next hearing. Marijuana is a bigger deal than what many people believe. Remember, they don't want you driving while high anymore than they want you driving drunk. Maybe you'll be given a second chance at the next level hearing. With rehab of course.

Rehab, for weed. What a joke.

undies

Did you read the story?

Jon Jones was supposed to take a drug test. The OP was not supposed to take a drug test but was given one anyway.

Two different scenarios.

In the Jones case, he was considering a civil lawsuit for breach of privacy because the MMA released the results to the public.
I don't think you read it. He wasn't supposed to be tested for cocaine, but they did it "on accident".

ArcherUTR

Just out of curiosity and laziness,

As package car driver besides 3 trained supervisors observing strange behavior (is this right?), what kind of accident or injury allows a DOT drug test?