Termination and pension

BeB

Hi y'all. New to site. My question is I am currently taken "Out of Service" (possible termination after hearing), can I still collect the promised pension or is it gone. Part Time 30 years and 52 years old. Also if I can still get it how do you go about that, little to no info about part-time pension online that I can find. Thanks

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
20200909_062322.jpg

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
No you don't lose your pension. You are still employed until your panel decision. Worst case scenario you retire early now or wait until 65 or something to collect. Worst case scenario.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hi y'all. New to site. My question is I am currently taken "Out of Service" (possible termination after hearing), can I still collect the promised pension or is it gone. Part Time 30 years and 52 years old. Also if I can still get it how do you go about that, little to no info about part-time pension online that I can find. Thanks

What’d you do to get fired
Must have been a doozy to fire you after 30 years

Shiftless

Hope you have a good BA ! Not knowing the reason? You may have blown it big time, or maybe you will squeak bye?

What state do you work in? Under what contract/region will make a difference in how this gets answered.

quad decade guy

At 52 you’d think one would know how to fix that but yeah possibly.

Just saying really not much a 30 year part timer can do to get fired.

Steal, hit someone or not show up.
At 52 you’d think one would know how to fix that but yeah possibly.

Just saying really not much a 30 year part timer can do to get fired.

Steal, hit someone or not show up.

Actually subject to ANY cardinal sin. Just like anyone else. Years of service doesn't mean anything. I've seen plenty of high time folks terminated and made to stick. Plenty.