• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_2161.GIF

Here's what I used when they fired me

rod

Retired 22 years
The premiums would be sky high. UPS fires just about everyone once. Its part of their "lets keep them running scared" program.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

No, I'm talking about something similar to supplemental disability insurance smart :censored2:! Where you get paid!

Johney

Not likely. If there were, buy insurance get crappy job then get fired and collect. Now maybe lay-off insurance I could see that.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
ya, it's called your Teamster dues.
The only people that did not get their job back at my hub was one that came to work high on drugs, and one that was selling guns while on the job and one that was sleeping on the clock.

not bad .....3 out of 2,909,875 terms.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
ya, it's called your Teamster dues.
The only people that did not get their job back at my hub was one that came to work high on drugs, and one that was selling guns while on the job and one that was sleeping on the clock.

not bad .....3 out of 2,909,875 terms.
This is somewhat true, but how many paychecks does it cost?
The Union is very effective getting people back to work, but it can be a long, unjust, and costly process.
How many people do we see getting walked out on.... :bsbullf:???

Taking the money out of the equation is the great equalizer.
Think about it.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
This is somewhat true, but how many paychecks does it cost?
The Union is very effective getting people back to work, but it can be a long, unjust, and costly process.
How many people do we see getting walked out on.... :bsbullf:???

Taking the money out of the equation is the great equalizer.
Think about it.

I agree. It will cost you money but there is a reasonable chance you will get your job back. I was lucky that it never happened to me. Close once.

have you ever worked for a non union company? I did for 20 years before UPS. They can get rid of you for just about any reason and even make up reasons and even with all the state and federal laws , your chances of getting your job back is very slim.

I liked being a Teamster.