Termination

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I hope I’m not taking this out of context. If you’re implying that distracted driving is OK unless or until you kill someone, then I strongly disagree. I also know, that if you, or anyone else wiped out my family by being undisciplined enough to not look at your phone, that the consequences would be much further reaching than a reckless driving ticket. I would firebomb yours, your parents house, and any relative you had, then after I got arrested I’d find you in prison and scoop your eyeballs out with a rock. Nothing personal, again hope I’m misunderstanding.

No, I'm saying there is a difference between distracted driving and simply checking the time, or changing the station on the radio, or adjusting your mirror, or checking your speed, or sneezing, etc. There are a multitude of reasons why we take our eyes off the road, and some of them are necessary for safe driving. People have made it a crime simply because it involves a cell phone. The problem is failing to maintain control of your vehicle.

The issue of criminalizing an action that does not violate anyone else's rights is nuanced and philosophical. But you illustrated my point about true believers pretty well with your threats against me and my family (people who had absolutely nothing to do with the hypothetical you posed) in order to try to prevent what you saw to be noncompliance with your belief system.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
No, I'm saying there is a difference between distracted driving and simply checking the time, or changing the station on the radio, or adjusting your mirror, or checking your speed, or sneezing, etc. There are a multitude of reasons why we take our eyes off the road, and some of them are necessary for safe driving. People have made it a crime simply because it involves a cell phone. The problem is failing to maintain control of your vehicle.

The issue of criminalizing an action that does not violate anyone else's rights is nuanced and philosophical. But you illustrated my point about true believers pretty well with your threats against me and my family (people who had absolutely nothing to do with the hypothetical you posed) in order to try to prevent what you saw to be noncompliance with your belief system.
You want me to use a rock from your collection or just any old rock I find? Why use a phone to check the time when driving? Please enlighten me to the way you think it’s ok to be somewhat distracted and how you can predict when it will be ok or take someone’s life?

BiggieBrown

It's crazy how much luck factors in to this sort of thing.
OP says he's gonna be terminated over looking at his phone, meanwhile at my center we have a driver who has only been driving a year, wrecked 3 package cars within that year, all his fault, and is still on the road at this very moment.
It's all about where you are and who you know.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You want me to use a rock from your collection or just any old rock I find? Why use a phone to check the time when driving? Please enlighten me to the way you think it’s ok to be somewhat distracted and how you can predict when it will be ok or take someone’s life?
Use this one....:wink2:
FB_IMG_1538092946087.jpg

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Just go to your stop first and never bring your phone is my recommendation but saying you can't push a big button on a brick to get the time safely while in the vehicle is bull***. We even have methods to re-establish our view to the front and then LRL, peripherals after checking the dash of your vehicle such as the speedometer.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
It's crazy how much luck factors in to this sort of thing.
OP says he's gonna be terminated over looking at his phone, meanwhile at my center we have a driver who has only been driving a year, wrecked 3 package cars within that year, all his fault, and is still on the road at this very moment.
It's all about where you are and who you know.
We just had a guy that rear ended someone and caused a 3 car wreck with people going to the hospital. He is a cover driver, just got suspended for 2 weeks and is back on the road lol

rod

Retired 22 years
A couple weeks ago one of our drivers was observed talking on his cell while driving. Took him out of service for the day and maybe a warning letter. Still working.
So --a mini vacation --nice. They did that to me once. 2 day suspension. It was suppose to be Wed. and Thurs. but they called me Tues night and asked me if I minded being suspended Thurs. and Fri. instead. A 4 day vacation--you bet. Made me the winner.

F

Frankie's Friend

DIAD training is meaningless.

Answer every question wrong.... and what happens ?
You take the training over and over until you answer the questions right.

Our names kept popping up on a list saying that we didnt complete the diad training even tho we took it multiple times and answered questions incorrectly.

Heck, you can arrow back and take the "missed" question and answer over again and it still flags you as not completed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I have been a full-time driver for 6 years have 0 accident on my record and have never been written up for anything. I have always been pretty good about in-cab distractions and know that it is unacceptable to be on your phone while driving but I am human and I do slip up every once in awhile normally I have my phone in my chest pocket, today while I was driving I pulled my phone out of my pocket looked at the time and placed it back in my pocket my supervisor was doing an observation and Saw that I looked at my phone while driving. He then approached me and said that there are no warnings for having your phone in your hand while the wheels are moving and that I am going to be terminated. Can I really lose my job over this or do I need to at least be written up for it first?

They're blowing smoke up you're ass. If they didn't pull you off the car immediately they probably won't do anything or at the very least a warning letter. Had a guy that just got fired for bringing back 15 Dned and he got.his job back. They're playing hardball with everyone on everything recently and I'm not sure why. Did they forget we pay the bills?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I never said it was ok to take someone's life. You seem to have no problem justifying it, as long as it's out of vengence, apparently, and even if the person had nothing to do with harming you or your loved ones, so don't act like you occupy some sort of moral high ground.

There is no such thing as being perfectly focused on driving, ever. As long as I maintain control over my vehicle, you needn't concern yourself with what I'm doing behind the wheel. I find it is the people who feel the most guilt over their own indiscretions who want to see others punished most harshly, but when it comes to their mistakes, they expect the most mercy.

If I were to cause the death of your loved ones through negligence, I would expect nothing but the swiftest of justice. You talk a big game with your threats, trying to force my compliance to your moral code, but in reality you would know that a dirt bag like me ain't worth throwing the rest of your life away over. After an appropriate amount of time grieving the loss of your family, you would cash the insurance checks and take advantage of all the sympathy poon being thrown your way.

MyTripisCut

I never said it was ok to take someone's life. You seem to have no problem justifying it, as long as it's out of vengence, apparently, and even if the person had nothing to do with harming you or your loved ones, so don't act like you occupy some sort of moral high ground.

There is no such thing as being perfectly focused on driving, ever. As long as I maintain control over my vehicle, you needn't concern yourself with what I'm doing behind the wheel. I find it is the people who feel the most guilt over their own indiscretions who want to see others punished most harshly, but when it comes to their mistakes, they expect the most mercy.

If I were to cause the death of your loved ones through negligence, I would expect nothing but the swiftest of justice. You talk a big game with your threats, trying to force my compliance to your moral code, but in reality you would know that a dirt bag like me ain't worth throwing the rest of your life away over. After an appropriate amount of time grieving the loss of your family, you would cash the insurance checks and take advantage of all the sympathy poon being thrown your way.
I always thought you were a :censored2:head. Now I know. Thanks.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I always thought you were a :censored2:head. Now I know. Thanks.

You're getting pretty worked up over a hypothetical situation. Life is risky, freedom is the ability to gauge the level of acceptable risk and make decisions.

Instead of focusing on the vengeance you would bring to bear, you should put your energy into teaching your family the skills they need to safely navigate through a world that is full of risk. No amount of legislation will ever eliminate risk, and no one would want to live in a world where it did.

We both agree that driving a vehicle is serious business, and one must maintain control over their vehicle at all times. I don't think someone can do that with their face buried in a cell phone, but can they check their time on it, or see who texted real quick so they can decide if they want to pull over and text back? It may depend on the driver, but I'd say most likely.

You want people to go to jail for not hurting anyone, but I'm the :censored2: head. Got it.

MyTripisCut

You're getting pretty worked up over a hypothetical situation. Life is risky, freedom is the ability to gauge the level of acceptable risk and make decisions.

Instead of focusing on the vengeance you would bring to bear, you should put your energy into teaching your family the skills they need to safely navigate through a world that is full of risk. No amount of legislation will ever eliminate risk, and no one would want to live in a world where it did.

We both agree that driving a vehicle is serious business, and one must maintain control over their vehicle at all times. I don't think someone can do that with their face buried in a cell phone, but can they check their time on it, or see who texted real quick so they can decide if they want to pull over and text back? It may depend on the driver, but I'd say most likely.

You want people to go to jail for not hurting anyone, but I'm the :censored2: head. Got it.
Listen. Your an idiot. My hypothetical had you killing my family by looking at your phone. You seem to think that as long as you glance at it, then nothing could happen. I believe and know that this is not the case. Having had direct experience in having someone wiped off this earth while raking leaves, by a person grabbing their lighter to smoke a cigarette. And another killed on their motorcycle by someone changing a radio station. Both instances were well before cell phones. So, let’s agree to disagree. I think it’s serious in any fractional degree of distracted driving. And you don’t. Your still a weird :censored2:, this we can all see. Peace.