Terminations in 804 begin: 20 drivers fired Monday

10 point

They hate us all. Management and teamster that's for sure.
And, I believe by what I've seen at the NYC meeting, that UPS will pay dearly if they keep walking the city leaders out the door too.

Old school arrogance will cost them more than they would believe in that city.

All you posters that say the public won't support the workers in a work stoppage better watch the videos from the NYC meeting this week. You don't know as much as you would like to think. This country loves their UPS drivers.
You dont have a clue to the close relationship THE PUBLIC has with us and they will fight for us because we take care of them...every day...for years on end.
Go fish.

10 point

You can disagree all you want Dragon.
It's only hopeful thinking on your part that UPS will have their way in this without bringing the public down on themselves.
Our customers know us drivers as friends and the management as tyrants. They've witnessed the ojs rides that are abusive. They're hearing about the way even injured drivers are being treated (i.e. the driver that got hit by the car and is testifying about his abusive return treatment).
They know when we get haircuts. They ask about our families and what we're doing on the weekend. They have our personal cell phone number. We know their business needs and many times help them process their shipping when they're behind schedule. They carry pkgs out to our truck for us and meet us halfway down their long driveway to get their delivery to save us time...because they care about us.
You will see. The NYC outcry isn't done and UPS will pay out of their pocket for the way they treat their employees if they don't back off the termination trail.
The Brand is getting tarnished. Wake up.

Last edited:

Ron Carey lives on

Is their hate for Ron Carey's old local so bad, that would stay silent on these terminations. Why isn't hoffa on " The Ed Show" talking about it. He sure likes to toot his own horn on there anytime he gets a chance. I think it boils down to him blowing out of one side of his mouth and sucking out of the other ,when it comes to Ups. Hoffa/Hall are done in 2016

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

Is their hate for Ron Carey's old local so bad, that would stay silent on these terminations. Why isn't hoffa on " The Ed Show" talking about it. He sure likes to toot his own horn on there anytime he gets a chance. I think it boils down to him blowing out of one side of his mouth and sucking out of the other ,when it comes to Ups. Hoffa/Hall are done in 2016

Sent using BrownCafe App
We hope they're done.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Local 804 doesn't reject the national negotiations in favor of their own negotiations. They are part of the Master Agreement and they have their own Local 804 Supplement. That is nothing new, nor is it unique to Local 804. All Local Unions that represent UPS employees are party to the Master and a Supplement. The concept of autonomy is also not new or unique to Local 804. The autonomy that Local 804 has is no different than the autonomy that any Local Union has. What may make Local 804 different in the eyes of the current leadership of the International is the fact that it is the home Local of Ron Carey.
Since when did 705 and 710 become part of the Master?

UPSGUY72

In my opinion, the company shouldn't have been able to take the 20 drivers off the job and should have waited for a decision to be rendered via the grievance process. As such, I think 804 can now make the argument that the company isn't following the grievance procedure (as they did on Feb. 26) and then provide a legal 72 hours strike notice to the company.

Once they walked out illegally the contract states they loose the rights that had gained from the contract. Read Ariticle 18, Section 5.

804brown

On Friday ups management got rid of 26 more drivers. Whats next when is lbt stepping in
What power do you really think hoffa has. He has been a tool of ups since day one. But at least he could do something that he is capable of: make a tough sounding statement in front a bunch of Teamsters showing his solidarity with the fired members.

Brown Spider

Is this an international issue? How do you know it's not being addressed?

Sent using the conscience of Local 251

I guess that because we're Teamsters, we sorta' expect the International Brotherhood of Teamsters to at least recognize the struggle that we're involved in. I know, I know...it sounds kinda' silly since The General President never actually worked as a Teamster...and the General Secretary Treasurer & Director of the Small Package Division never actually drove a truck that carries small packages. But we've been getting support from Locals as far away as Providence, RI, Stink. Maybe you should give some thought to sticking your nose back in their business, huh?