Terrorists

vantexan

im pretty sure youre wrong. i just saw the article the other day about him bragging about it.
No, he took credit for the increase in oil production but it was due to oil companies using fracking to access formerly unreachable oil on private land. Obama greatly limited what could be done on Federal land.

rickyb

No, he took credit for the increase in oil production but it was due to oil companies using fracking to access formerly unreachable oil on private land. Obama greatly limited what could be done on Federal land.
ok if i see an article about him on that, ill post it

rickyb

FDR did call mussolini an "admirable italian gentleman"

Chomsky Quotes Retweeted
Chomsky Quotes‏ @quotes_chomsky 26 Dec 2018

#WW2 against Germany was fought by the Russians.#Nazi forces were overwhelmingly on the eastern front..You have to ask if the best way to get rid of #Hitler was to kill tens of millions of Russians.Maybe a better way was not supporting him in the first place - as the UK & US did.

DvWOKPjX4AAEVsd.jpg

BrownArmy

Chomsky Quotes Retweeted

#WW2 against Germany was fought by the Russians.#Nazi forces were overwhelmingly on the eastern front..You have to ask if the best way to get rid of #Hitler was to kill tens of millions of Russians.Maybe a better way was not supporting him in the first place - as the UK & US did.

DvWOKPjX4AAEVsd.jpg

Come on, kid.

We were into Hitler until we weren’t.

We were into Stalin until we weren’t.

We were into Pol Pot, Saddam Hussein,
Gaddafi, etc. etc. until we weren’t.

Got to hand it to Trump, he’s at least honest about our transactional relationships with murderous :censored2:s.

vantexan

Come on, kid.

Got to hand it to Trump, he’s at least honest about our transactional relationships with murderous :censored2:s.
When were we into Hitler?

rickyb

Come on, kid.

i either didnt know or forgot about hitler one.

El Correcto

god is dead

Chomsky Quotes Retweeted

DvWOKPjX4AAEVsd.jpg
I don’t think US as a country ever supported Hitler. We did support Germany but that was more providing loans for rebuilding their nation after WW1. Hitler took over and :censored2: went south pretty quickly.

BrownArmy

I don’t think US as a country ever supported Hitler. We did support Germany but that was more providing loans for rebuilding their nation after WW1. Hitler took over and :censored2: went south pretty quickly.

Bla bla, you’re proving the point that children in this country need to be educated, even though you’d like to farm them out.

It’s clear that, left to your own device, you would remain ignorant and respond to your environment with random crap you read on the internet, devoid of contextual meaning or any possible relevance.

Read some more bro, get back to us.

El Correcto

god is dead
Bla bla, you’re proving the point that children in this country need to be educated, even though you’d like to farm them out.

It’s clear that, left to your own device, you would remain ignorant and respond to your environment with random crap you read on the internet, devoid of contextual meaning or any possible relevance.

Read some more bro, get back to us.
The United States tried to remain neutral in the First World War, but it provided far more trade and financial support to Britain and the Allies, which controlled the Atlantic routes. Germany worked to undermine American interests in Mexico. In 1917 the German offer of a military alliance against the U.S. in the Zimmermann Telegram contributed to the American decision for war.[5] German submarine attacks on British shipping, especially the sinking of the passenger liner Lusitania without allowing the civilian passengers to reach the lifeboats, outraged American opinion. Germany agreed to American demands to stop such attacks but reversed its position in early 1917 to win the war quickly. Berlin mistakenly thought that the US Army and Navy were so weak that they would not play a decisive role.

The US public opposed the punitive Versailles Treatyof 1919, and the two countries signed a separate peace treaty in 1921. In the 1920s, American diplomats and bankers provided major assistance to rebuilding the German economy. When Hitler and the Nazis took power in 1933, American public opinion was highly negative. Relations between the two nations turned sour after 1938.
Germany–United States relations - Wikipedia

I unno maybe you can point out the United States supporting Hitler.

BrownArmy

The United States tried to remain neutral in the First World War, but it provided far more trade and financial support to Britain and the Allies, which controlled the Atlantic routes. Germany worked to undermine American interests in Mexico. In 1917 the German offer of a military alliance against the U.S. in the Zimmermann Telegram contributed to the American decision for war.[5] German submarine attacks on British shipping, especially the sinking of the passenger liner Lusitania without allowing the civilian passengers to reach the lifeboats, outraged American opinion. Germany agreed to American demands to stop such attacks but reversed its position in early 1917 to win the war quickly. Berlin mistakenly thought that the US Army and Navy were so weak that they would not play a decisive role.

The US public opposed the punitive Versailles Treatyof 1919, and the two countries signed a separate peace treaty in 1921. In the 1920s, American diplomats and bankers provided major assistance to rebuilding the German economy. When Hitler and the Nazis took power in 1933, American public opinion was highly negative. Relations between the two nations turned sour after 1938.
Germany–United States relations - Wikipedia

I unno maybe you can point out the United States supporting Hitler.

Wayyyy too many words.

You missed the context of my response to rickyb.

Of course the US didn’t support Hitler, per se, but that’s not the nuance of my post.

The point is that the US is more than comfortable spooning with dictators when it suits the US interests.

And yes, certain factions and business interests within the US were just fine with Hitler.

Until they weren’t, and that’s my point.

There’s a saying, ‘history doesn’t repeat itself, but it rhymes’.

It is what it is.

vantexan

Wayyyy too many words.

You missed the context of my response to rickyb.

Of course the US didn’t support Hitler, per se, but that’s not the nuance of my post.

The point is that the US is more than comfortable spooning with dictators when it suits the US interests.

And yes, certain factions and business interests within the US were just fine with Hitler.

Until they weren’t, and that’s my point.

There’s a saying, ‘history doesn’t repeat itself, but it rhymes’.

It is what it is.
Pretty limited support for Hitler. Using that as an indictment of the U.S. is a nonstarter. But then that's what the Left does. This country isn't perfect, there are certainly interests behind the scenes pulling strings for their benefit. But overall it's a great country, certainly much better for it's citizens than most. And many of those citizens are actively attempting to destroy it. Not make it better, but completely tear it apart. Take up a hobby already and leave the country alone.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Pretty limited support for Hitler. Using that as an indictment of the U.S. is a nonstarter. But then that's what the Left does. This country isn't perfect, there are certainly interests behind the scenes pulling strings for their benefit. But overall it's a great country, certainly much better for it's citizens than most. And many of those citizens are actively attempting to destroy it. Not make it better, but completely tear it apart. Take up a hobby already and leave the country alone.
You say that, but when the Democrats took over the House, the Republican Party went on the rampage, attacking, grandstanding, and publicly demonizing the Democratic Party.

What?

Wait...

Never mind.

rickyb

a guy knocked on my door doing a poll wondering if i support the local left of centre party.

i told him im a radical borderline terrorist.

rickyb

the sanctions and bombs america imposed on iraq in the 1990s up to 2003 killed 1 million iraqis.

after w bush invaded iraq 1 to 2 million iraqis died. because of america's use of depleted uranium, 50% of iraqi babies born between 2002 to 2010 were born with birth defects.

prior to the gulf war the rate of cancer in iraq was 40 in 100,000. it shot up to 2000 per 100,000 by 2005.

some months 1200 iraqis were killed by left over mines.

america's f35 program is over a trillion dollars which is enough money to wipe all student debt.

the pentagon wastes 100 billion / year according to cato institute and accounts for up to 1/3 of military expenditures.

roughly 4 million vietnamese died and 5.5 million were wounded by the US invasion. its amazing theres not more vietnamese terrorists. 98% of vietnamese deaths were civilians. the war cost about $1 trillion in todays dollars. 4 million vietnamese were affected by toxins US sprayed on them. in 2012 the red cross estimated there are still 1 million vietnamese with disabilities because of US toxins.

the war in vietnam was told to us by the govt to be anti communism. but if you look up the definition of terrorism its the "the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.", so assuming the war is illegal domestically and worldwide, then it fits a very clear definition of terrorism.

but my assertion is that probably most US wars are illegal worldwide and therefore makes america govt a terror state. lots of govts do illegal wars, but US does the most for decades now.

750,000 cambodians were killed by US mostly peasants.