Terrorists

newfie

Analysis | Trump once denounced Saudi Arabia as extremist. Now he’s heading there to promote moderate Islam.
Trump offered exaggerated claims of the Saudi kingdom's extremist values before he was president. Last summer, a message was posted to Trump's Facebook page that said Saudi Arabia wants “women as slaves and to kill gays.” Later, during a presidential debate, Trump suggested that the Saudis were “people that push gays off buildings” and “kill women and treat women horribly.”

Perhaps worse still for a leader who railed passionately against “radical Islamic terrorism,” Trump has also suggested a number of times that the Saudi government may have had links to the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. “It’s going to be very profound having to do with Saudi Arabia and Saudi Arabia’s role on the World Trade Center and the attack,” he said while discussing the infamous 28 pages of redactions in the 9/11 commission report with Fox News last April.

Trump registered eight companies in Saudi Arabia during campaign: report
President-elect Donald Trump registered eight companies during his presidential campaign that appear to be tied to hotel interests in Saudi Arabia, according to a report in The Washington Post.

Trump registered the companies in August 2015, shortly after launching his presidential bid, according to The Post.

The companies were registered under names such as THC Jeddah Hotel and DT Jeddah Technical Services, according to financial disclosure filings.
The names of the companies registered appeared similar in pattern to how Trump named other companies connected to hotel deals registered in foreign cities, according to the Post. Trump names companies after cities in the state in which he is dealing with. Jiddah, also spelled Jeddah, is the second-largest city in Saudi Arabia, located on the Red Sea coast about 60 miles west of Mecca.

The Post reported that by the time of Trump's May financial filing, four of those companies in which Trump was the president or director were still active. Trump has in the past said he wants to protect the oil-rich Arab kingdom.

During a rally on August 21, the day Trump created four of those companies, he said he gets along well with Saudi Arabia.

"They buy apartments from me," Trump said during the Alabama rally. "They spend $40 million, $50 million. Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much.”

For all the efforts to try to make the hijackers having Saudi passports a reflection on Saudi Arabia , the fact remains that Iran is the number one exporter of terrorism in the world. As such Iran is a current active perpetuator of terrorism and a constant threat to stability in the middle east.

MAKAVELI

For all the efforts to try to make the hijackers having Saudi passports a reflection on Saudi Arabia , the fact remains that Iran is the number one exporter of terrorism in the world. As such Iran is a current active perpetuator of terrorism and a constant threat to stability in the middle east.
And so is Saudi Arabia. The difference is the $billions they have invested in America and now a POTUS that has direct business ties in Saudi Arabia.

newfie

And so is Saudi Arabia. The difference is the $billions they have invested in America and now a POTUS that has direct business ties in Saudi Arabia.

Saudi Arabia is not identified by any credible government agencies as an exporter of terrorism. Iran is. you cant make it up to suit your narrative.

oldngray

nowhere special
Saudi Arabia is not identified by any credible government agencies as an exporter of terrorism. Iran is. you cant make it up to suit your narrative.

Saudi government doesn't export terrorism. It is individual extremists who come from there. The Government doesn't like or support the terrorists because it is a threat to their own power. Admittedly they seldom crack down on terrorists unless there is a direct threat towards themselves but they are worlds apart from countries like Iran that actively promote terrorism.

MAKAVELI

Saudi government doesn't export terrorism. It is individual extremists who come from there. The Government doesn't like or support the terrorists because it is a threat to their own power. Admittedly they seldom crack down on terrorists unless there is a direct threat towards themselves but they are worlds apart from countries like Iran that actively promote terrorism.
The Real Largest State Sponsor Of Terrorism | HuffPost
Saudi Arabia—not Iran—is the biggest state sponsor of terrorism in the world today and Wahhabism remains the source of most radical Islamic extremism. For years Iran has borne the unenviable title of “world’s biggest state sponsor of terrorism.” However, out of the 61 groups that are designated as terrorist organizations by the U.S. State Department, the overwhelming majority are Wahhabi-inspired and Saudi-funded groups, with a focus on the West and Iran as their primary enemy. Only two are Shi’a—Hezbollah and Kataib Hezbollah, and only four have ever claimed to receive support from Iran. Nearly all of the Sunni militant groups listed receive significant support from either the Saudi government or Saudi citizens.

oldngray

nowhere special
Saudi Arabia—not Iran—is the biggest state sponsor of terrorism in the world today and Wahhabism remains the source of most radical Islamic extremism. For years Iran has borne the unenviable title of “world’s biggest state sponsor of terrorism.” However, out of the 61 groups that are designated as terrorist organizations by the U.S. State Department, the overwhelming majority are Wahhabi-inspired and Saudi-funded groups, with a focus on the West and Iran as their primary enemy. Only two are Shi’a—Hezbollah and Kataib Hezbollah, and only four have ever claimed to receive support from Iran. Nearly all of the Sunni militant groups listed receive significant support from either the Saudi government or Saudi citizens.

Wahhabism is definitely at the root of a lot of terrorism and does get significant support from rich Saudi citizens. Maybe from fringe members of royal family too, but not the King or ones in power because they fear what would happen to them if the extremists seized control.

Not as many Shiite groups but their funding does primarily come from Iran. Hezbollah is also far more active in supporting terrorism than most of the other groups.

MAKAVELI

Wahhabism is definitely at the root of a lot of terrorism and does get significant support from rich Saudi citizens. Maybe from fringe members of royal family too, but not the King or ones in power because they fear what would happen to them if the extremists seized control.

Not as many Shiite groups but their funding does primarily come from Iran. Hezbollah is also far more active in supporting terrorism than most of the other groups.
Drumpf just brokered an arms deal with one of the largest supporters of terrorism. Way to make America great again Drumpf!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I got into some trouble when I was a young man and a wise man told me young people should be working 12 hour days to stay out of trouble.
51279093.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I got into some trouble when I was a young man and a wise man told me young people should be working 12 hour days to stay out of trouble.

Maybe that idea would work with these simple minded terrorist, gang members, revolutionaries.
I think they can't get a job and that is a part of the problem.

It will be fine

These countries have access to the greatest natural resource that should be a strong engine for economic growth. Instead of using their oil money to educate their people and build out infrastructure they squander it on their royal families and keep half their population as virtual slaves. If you don't use the intellectual power of your women as a society, you're going to have a bad time. The Middle East should be doing much better, but they follow a backwards religion and do little to expand their economies beyond oil.

Non sequitur

To busy defending their lazy lifestyles. Some folks give more effort getting out of work then actually working. Of course Drivein- out will defend them.

These people will let you build it then just take it from you. Steal it, terrorize you and simply take it. Wake up people. The gangs in Chicago do the same thing. POS for real

newfie

huffington post ? is that's supposed to sway me to your side?