Texas school shooting

newfie

The cop is Texas had the authority to use lethal force but he chose not to. Officers in Texas are allowed to use deadly force if they reasonably believe deadly force is necessary to stop the loss of life. There's a pretty big difference between a cop kneeling on a handcuffed man for 15 minutes and a cop letting a heavily armed man waltz into a school.

The cop that killed George Floyd admitted that he ignored department policy. He admitted that he used unreasonable force. He admitted he continued to use force after Floyd was unconscious and not breathing.

And it's not the first time he's done this.

"Chauvin admitted that he held the juvenile by the throat and struck the juvenile multiple times in the head with a flashlight, resulting in the juvenile’s bodily injury. In the plea agreement, defendant Chauvin also admitted that he held his knee on the juvenile’s neck, shoulders and upper back for between 15 and 16 minutes, even though the juvenile was face-down on the floor, handcuffed and not resisting"

Derek Chauvin committed an adult crime. So he's doing adult time.
the minneapolis police force condoned this method of restraint and then served up chauvin as the sacrifice when the crap hit the fan. Minneapolis not only condoned this method of restraint but had Chauvin training other new police officers on the correct procedures. Chauvin was served up.

newfie

If 30 armed cops in full tactical gear with ballistic shields were too afraid to confront one gunman with an AR15, maybe we shouldn’t be putting AR15s in the hands of civilians.
you're saying they asked the shooter what kind of weapon he had before they decided they would not enter the area?

Box Ox

If 30 armed cops in full tactical gear with ballistic shields were too afraid to confront one gunman with an AR15, maybe we shouldn’t be putting AR15s in the hands of civilians.
you're saying they asked the shooter what kind of weapon he had before they decided they would not enter the area?

Maybe the sound and rate of fire mixed with the screams of the children gave them a good idea of what it was.

Maybe the officer who spotted the shooter outside of the school visually identified it.

MAKAVELI

One of my sons is an officer. I've learned a lot in the last 7 years he has been active.
He has done well and has moved up the ranks fast. He's unmarked now, and pretty much owns the county. He has killed 2 people. Both black, drug guys.He has been shot at more than he has told us.
The County Court House that serves the county my son works for, has a huge monument honoring the confederate soldiers who died because of the Yankee invasion. His boss said if there is any riots, trouble, or burning, we will stack bodies.
I say all that because like everything else, it’s who you work for and where you live.
Most people that talk like that are the biggest pusillanimous without their badge and gun. These cops in Uvalde just happen to be even bigger pusillanimous.

Oh great I attracted another schizo that’s gonna try to cast Jewish magic at me.
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”
I Corinthians 1:18‭-‬19 NKJV

Sell your cloak and buy a sword
But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
Matthew 5:44 NKJV

newfie

Maybe the sound and rate of fire mixed with the screams of the children gave them a good idea of what it was.

Maybe the officer who spotted the shooter outside of the school visually identified it.

maybe it could have been the sound and look of a number of other rifles.
the AR 15 does not make a special sound . It does not have a special rate of fire.

Box Ox

the AR 15 does not make a special sound . It does not have a special rate of fire.

What other rifles that are widely available to civilians look like an AR-15 that aren’t an AR-15? If they do look the same, are they in fact functionally dissimilar? Is there a bolt action AR-15 twin out there? Are you going to point out that there are AR-15 lookalikes in .22 caliber?

What other rifles that are widely available to civilians provide both the muzzle velocity and rate of fire that create the kinds of sounds that make people who know their guns believe an AR-15 is firing?

What kind of rifle do you think the law enforcement officers that were in that hallway in Uvalde believed the shooter was using? Why do you think they thought it?

newolddude

Im assuming the cop that saw him outside the school
It doesn’t matter if it was an AR-15, an AK-47, a Steyr AUG or a 9mm with extended clips. The exact make and model is immaterial. All that matters is that the shooter had a enough of a gun to have dozens of police officers so scared they wouldn’t do anything and chose to listen to children die.

Thebrownblob

Im assuming the cop that saw him outside the school

It doesn’t matter if it was an AR-15, an AK-47 or a 9mm with extended clips. The exact make and model is immaterial. All that matters is that the shooter had a enough of a gun to have dozens of police officers so scared they wouldn’t do anything and chose to listen to children die.
The only thing The shooter head was a fortified position. Sorry you don’t understand. The kind of weapony he had doesn’t matter. The cops were not afraid of the gun they were afraid for their lives, simply because they couldn’t get a clean shot. Yes I believe cowardly. The punk in the room had no formal skills or training. Once he walked into that room it was like shooting fish in a barrel, and then hiding. But make no mistake he went into that school knowing the only way he was coming out was in a body bag.

newolddude

The only thing The shooter head was a fortified position. Sorry you don’t understand. The kind of weapony he had doesn’t matter. The cops were not afraid of the gun they were afraid for their lives, simply because they couldn’t get a clean shot. Yes I believe cowardly. The punk in the room had no formal skills or training. Once he walked into that room it was like shooting fish in a barrel, and then hiding. But make no mistake he went into that school knowing the only way he was coming out was in a body bag.
If he was fortified why stay all the way back? Because of the big bad gun.

vantexan

Seems to me when he was shooting the kids his attention was away from the door. Why not charge in then?

newolddude

I agree that’s why I said I felt they were cowards, it also looks like that police department was poorly trained.
They had a SWAT team that was disbanded a few months ago. So maybe they didn't exist as a group by the training was there and the equipment was in place.
swat-team.jpg

They also had a school active shooter training session in March.

So explain to me how they were poorly trained.

Thebrownblob

They had a SWAT team that was disbanded a few months ago. So maybe they didn't exist as a group by the training was there and the equipment was in place.
swat-team.jpg

They also had a school active shooter training session in March.

So explain to me how they were poorly trained.
I have no idea if those were the guys who were trained or not all I can tell you was by the video they look poorly trained and definitely ill equipped.