Thank you DHL

BrownBlue

New Jack
We had a PCM friday that included a cake that had the DHL logo on it. Stupidvisor said, "We are eating the competition." How friend-ing heartless, people lost their jobs. Some of them good teamster jobs. Not surprising from this cold hearted inept 1month driver FT Stupidvisor. I think we need to get some of our volume back from those low wage scabs at Fedex. I really can't believe how little pay those guys get, friend-ing slave wages. Also what's up with Omaha Nebraska. I went there recently and Fedex is everywhere. Oriental Trading/Terrys Village/Lozier/Omaha Steaks all had Fedex trailers. I saw 1 UPS P600, and countless Fedex trucks and trailers the week I was there.:angry::angry::angry: Get off your rears Omaha UPS.

NedFlanders

ive started to see crutchfield boxes ive never seen before. A bunch of nordstrom and dell boxes too. And we got a 25 million dollar account shipping movies to theatres. Part of the agreement is they must be delivered on the first attempt. they also get a lot of NDA call tags to return movies.

drewed

Shankman
We had a PCM friday that included a cake that had the DHL logo on it. Stupidvisor said, "We are eating the competition." How friend-ing heartless, people lost their jobs. Some of them good teamster jobs. Not surprising from this cold hearted inept 1month driver FT Stupidvisor. I think we need to get some of our volume back from those low wage scabs at Fedex. I really can't believe how little pay those guys get, friend-ing slave wages. Also what's up with Omaha Nebraska. I went there recently and Fedex is everywhere. Oriental Trading/Terrys Village/Lozier/Omaha Steaks all had Fedex trailers. I saw 1 UPS P600, and countless Fedex trucks and trailers the week I was there.:angry::angry::angry: Get off your rears Omaha UPS.

Thats a really ****ty attitude, yea people lose their jobs it happens, but for UPS its always been survival of the fittest, if we can pick up more accounts, do it cheaper and hold our service to a relatively high standard we'll make money gain more business and hire some of those DHL workers.

dragracer66

Thats a really ****ty attitude, yea people lose their jobs it happens, but for UPS its always been survival of the fittest, if we can pick up more accounts, do it cheaper and hold our service to a relatively high standard we'll make money gain more business and hire some of those DHL workers.
Well said.....Thats what its all about in the long run anyway.......

Catatonic

Nine Lives
dhl is still on the road here in canada. are they gone down there in the usa already?

International delivery and pickup is staying.
Most of the US to US (Domestic) has gone to UPS and FedEx but some are still on the road.
Officially supposed to be gone by end of January but more likely by Christmas.

pharkwar

discombobulogruntled
International delivery and pickup is staying.
Most of the US to US (Domestic) has gone to UPS and FedEx but some are still on the road.
Officially supposed to be gone by end of January but more likely by Christmas.

i don't get that. how are they going to do "just international" while ups and fedex are standing there in front of their customers?...

i dunno, i guess that's what the marketing dweebs are there for.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
i don't get that. how are they going to do "just international" while ups and fedex are standing there in front of their customers?...

i dunno, i guess that's what the marketing dweebs are there for.

DHL is larger than UPS or FedEx outside of the US and so they have to be able to deliver to the US from outside the US (especially Europe and Asia).

And of course, if an International company has offices in the US and the Corporate office specifies that all shipments must be through DHL, there's your outbound volume from the US.

I imagine there is a large imbalance between inbound to the US (heavy) and outbound from the US (light). Therefore the proposed contract between DHL and UPS for UPS to transport DHL volume into and out of the US (UPS imbalance is the other way).

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I posted earlier about an account that we picked up that ships chemicals and haz-mats and that it didn't dawn on me for some time that we must have gotten the account from DHL. DUH! to me.

The company is Aldrich and I'm delivering at least 15 a day. This is great for UPS because its exactly what we want. A large shipper with deliveries destined entirely for businesses.

I was talking to a soon to be unemployed DHL driver and he told me that the town I deliver in will now gain 150 stops per day from Nordstrom! I know this is the volume UPS probably doesn't want as bad as Aldrich Chemical, but 150 residential delivery stops sounds like another route in town to me:happy2:.

Instead of cutting the baselines they will have to keep the routes in because of these packages.

The DHL driver I spoke with is losing his job. He also said that DHL once had 17% of the ground market. If we get only half of that it will mean more jobs at UPS or at least no layoffs in the 1st quarter of next year.

Yup, over by 128-130. what a screwjob that is for the preload that has all of the mall and bulk crap and nowhere to put it from the secondary!

pharkwar

discombobulogruntled
DHL is larger than UPS or FedEx outside of the US and so they have to be able to deliver to the US from outside the US (especially Europe and Asia).

And of course, if an International company has offices in the US and the Corporate office specifies that all shipments must be through DHL, there's your outbound volume from the US.

I imagine there is a large imbalance between inbound to the US (heavy) and outbound from the US (light). Therefore the proposed contract between DHL and UPS for UPS to transport DHL volume into and out of the US (UPS imbalance is the other way).

leave it to ups to come up with a solution for all the world's shipping problems!

here in canada we deal with some domestic volume, (part of which is now serviced by purolator in remote locations) and the rest is mostly from the united states.

we felt the effects of your thanksgiving break for most of the last week. no c.o.d.'s for a couple days was nice. :wink2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
We just obtained the pick up for Darden restaurants. These are Longhorn Steakhouse, Red Lobster and Olive Garden and more. I have these 3 on my route and they are Monday only pick ups. I also noticed that packages that used to get p/u / shipped by DHL, at Kohls, have come to us.

The driver next to my area does the mall and says Motherhood Maternity is starting to ship tons with him. He's also noticed the movie theater and others switching to UPS.

I have a casual friend that works for the DHL contractor here. His normal day used to be about 65 stops with 350-400 miles, rarely had over 75 packages. Friday I saw him out on area, he had 10 stops for the day. HE said that after the first of the year he no longer will have a job, but DHL will use an outside contractor in our area to delivery and pickup the international volume for a pretty large geographical area.