Thanks Amazon?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Siveriano, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Siveriano

Siveriano Active Member

So at our building so far 3 people have left for amazon, one of the 3 was the manager that "forced" the SUP to force the driver to drive with the doors open ending on the driver being taken to the hospital.
    Now rumors has it at least 5 more managers/SUPS are leaving to amazon, apparently a $20k sign in bonus plus 30 amazon stocks.

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

We had mass layoffs here because we lose Amazon and lost of them ended up going over to Amazon for employment . They are a lot happier now .

3. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Heard about the driver who was forced to drive woth doors open. Meadowlands, right?

4. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

good, we don’t need supervisors, they don’t do anything beneficial for the company. MANAGEMENT IS THE ENEMY (@Maple Grove MN Driver copy-write)

5. Siveriano

Siveriano Active Member

but if they all leave, then who im i suppose to grieve now?

6. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Dumpster, INABAG

7. MyTripisCut

Honestly, the new UPS is the 24 year old drove for two weeks during peak former PT supe turned ORS or Center Manager. I like these guys. I eat them like a shark eats seals.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

is there any 22.4s out there yet?
    Where the :censored3: are they..

9. Brown Biscuit

Brown Biscuit Blind every day

My building can’t get any of them to qualify.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

One of the newer full-time supervisors in my building was supposedly offered a six-figure income (Almost double his current income) to jump ship to Amazon to do essentially the same job he was is doing. For some reason he is still at UPS.

11. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

We haven’t even attempted to hire anyone around here , our bottom qualified reg temp drives 5 days a week.

12. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

We have about 20 or so in my building.

13. WDFD

14. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

What do they do?

15. MattM

MattM Member

I'm a airport worker. The hubs have poached away 4-5 guys the last two-three weeks to be 'combo drivers', presumably 22.4s. 'Better opportunities', better chances to be FT quicker

It's hard talking sense into some of these guys. We have 5-6 others who want to do that now. They don't care or realize their top rate will be less than other drivers, and that for slow days, you're a hub rat. They're selling them on false promises IMHO.

Others are talking about Amazon too. But is there a career and longevity with that company? Who wants to use their own vehicle to deliver? Apparently thousands want to.

I say, weed out the dumbos who want to quit and do quit for Amazon or for combo work. They'll learn eventually it's not greener on the other side.

16. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

They work as 22.4s...

Geezus what are they teaching you kids in school these days!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. MyTripisCut

When they are off on Tuesdays, do they Uber? Or work in the circus?

18. Jstpeachy

Jstpeachy Active Member

My building in GA has at least one 22.4, Maybe more. I only know about the one because she told me Saturday that she’s 22.4.

19. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

The company is really, really saving money in management pay.