Thanks Jim Hoffa hall and Sean O'brien.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Man you might be the most negative person I've ever seen. Do you ever say anything positive. What's made you such a negative person. I hope you get help.
Why do you keep posting this crap. You don't post squat when Stink or his gang say all kinds of garbage on here.
You one of them? One of his gang?

realbrown1

The union agreeing to pay UPS their lost costs is an admission of guilt.
Do you know how much UPS refunds late NDA money. It is a rarity.
A price I would pay if I was Tim to get these guys back their jobs.
If Tim would have refused this, the drivers would probably get their jobs back down the line. But I wouldn't want to put them through that for a couple more months.

realbrown1

So reasoned diplomacy succeeded where impulsive antagonism failed? Crazy!

(TDU take note please)
What did Hoffa/Hall do exactly?

Seems to me that Tim and 804 did the giving.

So I ask again, what seasoned diplomacy are you talking about?

realbrown1

According to a Daily News article, the union agreed the walkout was “illegal and unauthorized.”

The settlement includes the following actions: IBT Local 804 agrees to compensate UPS for damages associated with the loss of productive employee time, other company costs and the negative impact on goodwill relating to the February 26 unauthorized walkout and related actions.”

The union agreed to pay the company undisclosed damages for deliveries missed during the 90-minute walkout. In addition, all the drivers who participated have to serve a short suspension, sources said.

The drivers are fortunate to have their job back given the union has agreed the actions were illegal and unauthorized. Given that admission, any similar actions in the future would not end as well, IMHO.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...rs-talk-union-article-1.1751467#ixzz2yUAybj00
Who said it was illegal? All I see is that they called it unauthorized, and it was. Tim never authorized this walkout.

realbrown1

A month ago, L804 drivers were working. Nothing of substance happened until last week when actual terminations began. Show me words in the IBT Constitution requiring the GST to involve himself in Local Union disputes. He got into this exactly when necessary. Anyone with a gnats brain knew unpaid suspensions had to be part of this settlement and the clock was running.
Two weeks is dead on to warn of the consequences of this improper work stoppage.
No TDU, no Fred Z., no Sandy...just the IBT and the ability of hall.
He should have reached out to 804 as soon as the working terminations began.
This is what we pay for, isn't it?

LagunaBrown

Who said it was illegal? All I see is that they called it unauthorized, and it was. Tim never authorized this walkout.

Remember when you and your boys were telling me how to read a contract......

"Nope Laguna, you don't get to cite language from our Supplement without doing so accurately. If you'll look at Article 18, Section 4 a), you'll see that the failure of the Company to follow the procedure prescribed for the settlement of disputes and differences would make this an authorized job action. In addition, an Arbitrator quoted that very language in a recent decision. The key is "authorized" vs. "unauthorized" and according to the recent arbitration decision that would be UPS who dropped the ball."

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/local-804-drivers-walked-out.355083/page-61#ixzz2yUSbtRFw

You know me...
All political BS aside, I hope this settlement will help to bring both sides together. Thank you to the international and hall for doing the right thing for our union as a whole.

Now, onto the Local 89 strike vote! lol

Sent using BrownCafe App

stink219

Yes, Great job Mr Hall. It only took pressure from the public to get you off your butt to do it!
Oh really? Pressure from the public? Seems to me your jester Liam was doing fine on his own. Tim "extended the olive branch" to UPS and got nothing. So once the local exhausted ever means to ruin the lives of 250, then yes, Hall and OB had to save the day. Where was Tim, Alexandra, Paff and TDU? MIA!

Sent using the conscience of Local 251

stink219

He should have reached out to 804 as soon as the working terminations began.
This is what we pay for, isn't it?
No. Once again, you can't use international resources on day to day local issues. Or is you whole plan to bankrupt us?

oldngray

nowhere special
Oh really? Pressure from the public? Seems to me your jester Liam was doing fine on his own. Tim "extended the olive branch" to UPS and got nothing. So once the local exhausted ever means to ruin the lives of 250, then yes, Hall and OB had to save the day. Where was Tim, Alexandra, Paff and TDU? MIA!

Tim is already trying to take the credit.
"We're looking forward to turning the corner and getting on a new road with UPS," Teamsters Local 804 President Tim S said. "The drivers delivered they're message to UPS about unfair treatment. Now every one them will be back delivering packages."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/250-workers-ups-fired-last-033600667.html

realbrown1

No. Once again, you can't use international resources on day to day local issues. Or is you whole plan to bankrupt us?

250 drivers jobs were on the line. I would say that qualifies for Hoffa/Hall to get off their butts and try and help.

Takeback251

Do you have a reason they were MIA for a month and a half? If you do, I would love to hear it.
MIA? I doubt they were MIA at all. One of the biggest differences in the way the Intl and the way TDU do things is that the intl is not out there spewing nonsense about the situation for weeks before its resolved. They may very well have been on this thing from the get go. Weather that was OB or Hall or both with their hands in it personally, or lawyers for the IBT or some other department (s) who knows? When TDU takes credit for something they may or may not have been involved in, they cant wait to start patting themselves on the back and spreading the self imposed kudos on their website or any other media they can get to listen. Including at monthly membership meetings. (Those at 251's meeting last month know what I mean). Sometimes silence is golden, "let the process work" as someone said earlier. Lets not forget, it was a TDU crackpot BA that sent these poor bastards out the door. Just stupid stupid stupid

Sent using BrownCafe App

Jungle boy dee

MIA? I doubt they were MIA at all. One of the biggest differences in the way the Intl and the way TDU do things is that the intl is not out there spewing nonsense about the situation for weeks before its resolved. They may very well have been on this thing from the get go. Weather that was OB or Hall or both with their hands in it personally, or lawyers for the IBT or some other department (s) who knows? When TDU takes credit for something they may or may not have been involved in, they cant wait to start patting themselves on the back and spreading the self imposed kudos on their website or any other media they can get to listen. Including at monthly membership meetings. (Those at 251's meeting last month know what I mean). Sometimes silence is golden, "let the process work" as someone said earlier. Lets not forget, it was a TDU crackpot BA that sent these poor bastards out the door. Just stupid stupid stupid

Sent using BrownCafe App
Where was tdu??????? Explain!!!!!!

browned out

Any driver who disagrees with the discharge or the two week suspension should file with the NLRB, or other government agencies. You are not bound by this decision and there is recourse to get this off of your record. UPS was in the wrong. Why would you take a 2 week unpaid suspension and now have a history of not working as directed? Drivers can even come back into service and still file with the appropriate agencies within anywhere from 30 to 180 days depending on which agency to file with. You have nothing to lose.

stink219

Any driver who disagrees with the discharge or the two week suspension should file with the NLRB, or other government agencies. You are not bound by this decision and there is recourse to get this off of your record. UPS was in the wrong. Why would you take a 2 week unpaid suspension and now have a history of not working as directed? Drivers can even come back into service and still file with the appropriate agencies within anywhere from 30 to 180 days depending on which agency to file with. You have nothing to lose.
And if this doesn't work, I say you stage a protest by work stoppage. Not for a while. Say for about 90 minutes?