Thanks TDU

hyena

Actually I don't think I need an explanation. It's easy to see they fight for the membership and they keep us informed... Why shouldn't we hate them with those credentials. Who wants that.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I'm kinda with you hyena...I don't have a personal beef with TDU and it's easy to find info on their site, but I've had a bad time with members of TDU in my local. I know for a fact that they teach their members running for slate to play dirty. Just my experience though. IMO info is info as long as it's hard info and can be verified by other sources. I wouldn't use them as a source alone. I'd use teamsters.org as a source itself. But not TDU.

hyena

And nobody's answering my question. So they charge you 40$ a yr. yet we pay roughly 40 a month (pt)) for our union dues now. .... Can someone honestly just answer my question? Why is the tdu so hated? Can I please get a real answer? Do you even know why you hate them? Or is it just the propaganda machine at its best? Or is it Today I think I'm just gonna wake up and hate the tdu.. I don't know who they are or what they represent but I'm just gonna hate it cause its not status quo

UPS Preloader

And nobody's answering my question. So they charge you 40$ a yr. yet we pay roughly 40 a month (pt)) for our union dues now. .... Can someone honestly just answer my question? Why is the tdu so hated? Can I please get a real answer? Do you even know why you hate them? Or is it just the propaganda machine at its best? Or is it Today I think I'm just gonna wake up and hate the tdu.. I don't know who they are or what they represent but I'm just gonna hate it cause its not status quo

Each of us have our own reasons, some more serious than the other. I myself am not a supporter as they are against the current regime even though the majority of the members support the current regime. Come election time, I don't care who they support, but once the election is over they should support and stand behind the officials elected by the union. Unfortunately they don't do that and they campaign 24/7 against the Hoffa/Hall administration. In these times of declining support for unions we all need to stand together as one.

Last edited:

hyena

I'm kinda with you hyena...I don't have a personal beef with TDU and it's easy to find info on their site, but I've had a bad time with members of TDU in my local. I know for a fact that they teach their members running for slate to play dirty. Just my experience though. IMO info is info as long as it's hard info and can be verified by other sources. I wouldn't use them as a source alone. I'd use teamsters.org as a source itself. But not TDU.
I know no one who is tdu (so that's where you and me differ). I'd just like to know why they're hated so much on this site

hyena

Each of us have our own reasons, some more serious than the other. I myself am not a supporter as they are against the current regime even though the majority of the members support the current regime. Come election time, I don't care who they support, but once the election is over they should support and stand behind the officials elected by the union. Unfortunately they don't do that and they campaign 27/7 against the Hoffa/Hall administration. In these times of declining support for unions we all need to stand together as one.
if you see something wrong inside should you not challenge it? Unfortunately their will never be a right Time and right place.