The 2020 Presidential Debates

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Where are their parents? I'd move heaven and Earth to get to my kid if I had one. Could very well be many of these leftover kids are the ones used over and over to get people into the country.
485 of the 545 children's parents are back in their home country ... mostly Central America.
As pointed out previously, these kids were taken to the USA border by a 'coyote'* to get their kid a start in the USA.

* A 'coyote' is a human that takes people across the border from Mexico into the USA ... smugglers as such.
I assumed @zimbomb and @fishtm2001 would think I was talking about the 4-legged wild dog.

oldngray

nowhere special
485 of the 545 children's parents are back in their home country ... mostly Central America.
As pointed out previously, these kids were taken to the USA border by a 'coyote'* to get their kid a start in the USA.

* A 'coyote' is a human that takes people across the border from Mexico into the USA ... smugglers as such.
I assumed @zimbomb and @fishtm2001 would think I was talking about the 4-legged wild dog.
Untitled3.png

zimbomb

Wrong flat out wrong.
The American Civil Liberties Union, which sued over the practice, said a court-appointed steering committee located parents of 485 children, up 47 from August. That leaves 545 still unaccounted for among the 1,030 children for whom the steering committee had telephone numbers from U.S. authorities.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Wrong flat out wrong.
The American Civil Liberties Union, which sued over the practice, said a court-appointed steering committee located parents of 485 children, up 47 from August. That leaves 545 still unaccounted for among the 1,030 children for whom the steering committee had telephone numbers from U.S. authorities.
ACLU and their lawyers ... they make s:censored2:t up worse than you do.

About two-thirds of the 1,000-plus parents separated from their kids under a 2017 pilot program were deported before a federal judge ordered that they be found.
A DHS spokesperson said, “In the current litigation, for example, out of the parents of 485 children whom Plaintiffs’ counsel has been able to contact, they've yet to identify a single family that wants their child reunited with them in their country of origin.”
He said some of the families that have been contacted have elected to keep their children in the U.S. with family members or sponsors "due to fear of what will happen to their child if they return" to their home countries.

oldngray

nowhere special
ACLU and their lawyers ... they make s*t up worse than you do.

About two-thirds of the 1,000-plus parents separated from their kids under a 2017 pilot program were deported before a federal judge ordered that they be found.
A DHS spokesperson said, “In the current litigation, for example, out of the parents of 485 children whom Plaintiffs’ counsel has been able to contact, they've yet to identify a single family that wants their child reunited with them in their country of origin.”
He said some of the families that have been contacted have elected to keep their children in the U.S. with family members or sponsors "due to fear of what will happen to their child if they return" to their home countries.
ACLU is almost as bad as SPLC

zimbomb

ACLU and their lawyers ... they make s*t up worse than you do.

485 of the 545 children's parents are back in their home country is not a factual statement.

zimbomb

485 of the 545 children's parents are back in their home country is not a factual statement.
Children entered this country with a parent. The US government lost their parents. Thanks to the ACLU 485 of the 1000 + children's parents have been found. Thanks to the ACLU the federal government under the Trump administration won't keep the deporting a parent without child. There's 545 outstanding children in federal custody in the united states of america who's parents can not be found. Those parents were in federal custody most likely deported. Hmm seems like terrible mismanagement of the situation. Policy with out planning is just the status quo of poor, incompetent management.

zimbomb

Wasnt he the guy that was all cooked up on anti-psychotics. You know, the ones that have side-effects of "may produce homicidal/suicidal thoughts". Good comparison...
Who manufactured the antipsychotics? Doesn't really change anything. A person is to blame not a tool...