The 3 day OJS- Violation?

Ouch

uote="UpstateNYUPSer, post: 1267375, member: 12570"]They can ride as often as needed if there are production issues or excessive customer service issues.[/quote]
In our building if the sup is going to ride with you on more than one day, we file a grievance and that prevents them from riding with us until the local. The local quotes the contract to them, problem solved. We are not production workers.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
How can more than one management person ride with you when there is only one jumpseat with a seatbelt?

I had 3 supervisors ride with me at one time. One was doing a time study, one was learning how to do a time study, and the third one was an on car sup that knew that part of the loop that I have never ran.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
uote="UpstateNYUPSer, post: 1267375, member: 12570"]They can ride as often as needed if there are production issues or excessive customer service issues.
In our building if the sup is going to ride with you on more than one day, we file a grievance and that prevents them from riding with us until the local. The local quotes the contract to them, problem solved. We are not production workers.[/quote]

This is the way I read it. One would think over the years the union would have clarified this language separating fair days work and OJS. I also would include following the driver (observation) as an OJS.

In our building if the sup is going if yo ride with you on more than one day, we file a grievance and that prevents them from riding with us until the local. The local quotes the contract to them, problem solved. We are not production workers.

This is the way I read it. One would think over the years the union would have clarified this language separating fair days work and OJS. I also would include following the driver (observation) as an OJS.[/quote]
How about the electronic OJS? They do that to us atleast once a week, especially , if you put in a 8 hour request!

Ouch

Upstate show me where where my union tells me I'm a production worker. I give a fair days work for a fair days pay. When we file the ride along grievance the company halts the ride. I guess our local is better than some. Upstate you may be a production worker but i on the other hand am not. I was at a safe face and run stop by stop. I give them a fair days work for a fair days pay. I have no magic number to meet. I don't get called into an office for not meeting some magic number. They can follow me and get the police called on them and they can track me on their little computers. If they slow me down with stupid messages or stop to talk to me for some bogus reason they know i will have issues with getting stops off. That means they will have to send me someone to help me. This puts more work on them. I'm not intimidated by the little games ups play. In fact you are employed by the Teamster under contract to ups. Tell them that they love it.

Ouch

We also filed grievances about ups leaving 9.5 drivers out on Friday's. If you were on the 9.5 list you could guarantee that Friday would be your second 9.5 day. This is harassment and I think it will go over very well for our drivers.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What's fair? Years back, I was getting harassed all the time over numbers, then the GPS time study kicked in. I went from over every day, to scratch. Still doing the same job as before, but they decided to change their numbers.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
What's fair? Years back, I was getting harassed all the time over numbers, then the GPS time study kicked in. I went from over every day, to scratch. Still doing the same job as before, but they decided to change their numbers.
Yup, saw it go both ways after the GPS time studies as good drivers magically became bad drivers and vice versa.

Ouch

Bingo. You decide what a fair day is.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
We also filed grievances about ups leaving 9.5 drivers out on Friday's. If you were on the 9.5 list you could guarantee that Friday would be your second 9.5 day. This is harassment and I think it will go over very well for our drivers.

So now you want to pick what days you are 9.5? Mondays and Fridays are normal light days been like that for 25+ years, you will lose that battle.

Rainman

Its all good.
How can more than one management person ride with you when there is only one jumpseat with a seatbelt?
One of the cars in our building is equipped with two jump seats, one which slides behind the drivers seat to store and when pulled out sitsin front of the bulkhead. It was used to train management in the safety department on how so do safety rides.

Ouch

[quI'mte="Dragon, post: 1268857, member: 561"]So now you want to pick what days you are 9.5? Mondays and Fridays are normal light days been like that for 25+ years, you will lose that battle.[/quote]
No I don'twant to pick but I will not stand by and let manage pile the work on and say we'll you want to be a 9.5 driver let's see how you like working late on Friday. We were told that being on the 9.5 list that Friday wouldbe the second day. Trying to deter people from signing the 9.5 list. Tracked driver was another good term our management team used. I ddon't mind working late on Friday, but don't harass me by making sure I work late on Friday by being a 9.5 driver.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

It's funny how the "numbers" can be manipulated.

(Not that they mean anything)

I have been "assured" that only IE.... can change these.

Maybe some management person (retired or not), could confirm or expound on this.

Hoax.... you're in the batting order. :biggrin:

-Bug-

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I went from scratch to an hour +over every day. I know it doesnt "matter" but to some it appears this is how they judge our worth. You also look like a slug, on the OR to those who look. It is magic, because it took away my ability to complete a job in a timely manner. With them constantly telling me that they only give me 8 hrs work, but it takes me 10. But I dont care anymore, as there is nothing I can do to fix it.

Ouch

e="Dragon, post: 1268857, member: 561"]So now you want to pick what days you are 9.5? Mondays and Fridays are normal light days been like that for 25+ years, you will lose that battle.[/quote]
Thats funny, we won that battle. We showed evidence of harassment on 9.5 drivers and how they were forced to work over 9.5 every Friday. Nice try.