The 5 and 10 saved my life today

jlphotog

Due to medical condition, I bid farewell to UPS almost two years ago. However I continue to use the 5 and 10. And the only reason I am here write this is because I do. While riding my motorcycle today, some A-hole decided the red light did not apply to him. Had I not been looking left right left or getting the big picture, I would have been hamburger meat by now. But I saw the jerk coming and slowed down enough to avoid a collision.

My family thanks you UPS.

Last edited:

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Glad your still around to ride again.
​I use it too, especially on my motorcycles. Saved my ass a few times.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
The stuff works. Used it to teach both my kids to drive in the last three years. Just can't get them to back first into the driveway.
​I do not have them memorize the stuff verbatim!

barnyard

KTM rider
UPS driver training has saved my bacon several times on the motorcycle.

Glad it ended well for you, for some it does not.

A

anonymous6

I also teach my children the 5 and 10 while driving. probably drives them crazy but I know it works. a couple years ago I wrote an article about the 5 seeing habits for our local newspaper and they printed it.

Onlyino

The 5 and 10 are things most use every day while driving. Becoming a "professional" and realizing these rules and executing them is what makes it all stick and makes you a "pro."
I will teach my kids these rules and make sure they understand them when that time comes... it is coming too soon for me.