The 9.5 list

Bottom rung

Management tells the guys with under four years that they can't file at all. Then tell others that since they have late pick ups that it's a "nine five route" and they can't file because the route is supposed to have that much work.

NXA

As of last Friday, we have 16 out of 62 drivers on the list(or should I say have filed grievances requesting to be put on the list). I got 4 calls on Friday from drivers who will be filing next week.
How do you deal with this: some of those drivers don't run "scratch" or anywhere near it, so mgmt makes a huff about an excess overtime complaint like the driver is being unfair?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
How do you deal with this: some of those drivers don't run "scratch" or anywhere near it, so mgmt makes a huff about an excess overtime complaint like the driver is being unfair?
If you're running an hour over and start filing for 9.5 you can probably expect a ride but as long as you're doing your job you got nothing to worry about, all they're going to see is that the time on the route is off.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Understand that when they give you a Three Day "Lock In" Ride you will have the absolute best load and dispatch you will have all year.Of course right after that the load and dispatch will be right back to the usual Garbage that it is every other day of the year but your Management Team will try their very best to intimidate and scare you to uphold the numbers of the Lock In Ride. It's common knowledge that that ANY information they need to get on your performance can be gleaned from a Virtual OJS and/or your telematics records. The SOLE purpose of the ride is Harassment and Intimidation.Keep detailed notes of load fluffing,improvements,route/area changes and any pick ups that are taken away

There is nothing in the contract about "demonstrated performance" or 'Lock in Ride" Our local shot down the Lock In Ride nonsense a few years ago as an attempt to have an Agreement Outside of the Contract. DO NOT allow yourself to be harassed or intimidated. If you are working safely and by the methods you will be fine.

livin the dream

Management tells the guys with under four years that they can't file at all. Then tell others that since they have late pick ups that it's a "nine five route" and they can't file because the route is supposed to have that much work.

I've always wondered about the routes with late pickups. I don't recall any language in the contract about it, so I'd imagine they would have to just move the pickups?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
In my Center the routes with "late pickups" usually have a later start time. Some routes are planned to have extra hours, we have drivers who love over time. Most of our drivers who have EAMs before their regular route get 10-12 hours a day.

Grey

Understand that when they give you a Three Day "Lock In" Ride you will have the absolute best load and dispatch you will have all year.Of course right after that the load and dispatch will be right back to the usual Garbage that it is every other day of the year but your Management Team will try their very best to intimidate and scare you to uphold the numbers of the Lock In Ride. It's common knowledge that that ANY information they need to get on your performance can be gleaned from a Virtual OJS and/or your telematics records. The SOLE purpose of the ride is Harassment and Intimidation.Keep detailed notes of load fluffing,improvements,route/area changes and any pick ups that are taken away

There is nothing in the contract about "demonstrated performance" or 'Lock in Ride" Our local shot down the Lock In Ride nonsense a few years ago as an attempt to have an Agreement Outside of the Contract. DO NOT allow yourself to be harassed or intimidated. If you are working safely and by the methods you will be fine.

So management tells the loader to do a better job or they do it themselves?

Holydriver

The 9.5 list rocks. I love the fac ial expressions and attitudes on the runner and gunners that are either sent to get the rest of my stops or at the center waiting to get them off my truck. Priceless.

One thing that really puzzles me is the guys that are always wanting more OT but are runners and gunners. I mean it's nice seeing them so grateful to take my excess work but why not just slow down and do the job right to get more OT? I always tell them the best way to make more money is to try and follow as many methods as possible.
is there a list posted of all the methods used to deliver a package so taht i can study up? i keep hearing everyone talking about all these methods that i didnt even know were methods.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
is there a list posted of all the methods used to deliver a package so taht i can study up? i keep hearing everyone talking about all these methods that i didnt even know were methods.
There's 340. I used to have a list of them. Some of it was pretty comical.

NXA

We really need to get the 4 year language and the Monday through Friday bs taken out next contract.
In my center there are a bunch of us with as much as seven years seniority running coverage- no steady bid route. So I thought the 4-year language was an improvement over the previous contract, where you had to have a bid route to grieve excess overtime.