The Act of God has happened. To

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Well it’s happening we were told this morning we’re going to 70 hours. That the union as approved and everybody’s is working this Saturday. It didn’t take long for that to happen. So much for the rare occasion.

The Company shall not change the DOT sixty (60) hours in seven (7) days to the seventy (70) hours in eight (8) days rule for package drivers except at Peak.
With prior approval of the Company’s President of Labor Relations and the Teamster’s Package Division Director, the DOT standard may also be changed if required due to Acts of God or emergencies creating service disruptions.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
The old "act of god" clause is the greatest "out" the company ever came up with. It's way over used. Although the Teamsters agreed to all those AoG clauses in the contract I can't believe they came up with them--at least I hope not.

oldngray

nowhere special
Mission.gif

542thruNthru

The Company shall not change the DOT sixty (60) hours in seven (7) days to the seventy (70) hours in eight (8) days rule for package drivers except at Peak.
With prior approval of the Company’s President of Labor Relations and the Teamster’s Package Division Director, the DOT standard may also be changed if required due to Acts of God or emergencies creating service disruptions.

Two separate issues. Peak and Acts of god.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191204-181452_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20191204-181452_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 244

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
In the New England supplement we don’t have such protections they could give us 12 hour notice if they wanted to
Article 66, section 1, paragraph c:
The schedule when changed shall be posted by the Employer on Monday to become effective on the following Monday

Ghost in the Darkness

We get double time all hours over 60. I'm just not feeling a sense of urgency in the OT hours....just packages thats all. You can fight it (which I understand the people who do), or you can just say "effu pay me."

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Looks like my feeder dept is going the volunteer route on 6th punch this year vs mandatory last year. Fine by me. The usual money grubbers are all lining up so I'm sure they'll be ok.