The Ballot mess!

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
I say "hypothetical drug dealer" because I actually know a drug dealer and I don't think he has any plans of enrolling. We grew up next door to eachother and he was my first best friend. He voted for Romney because he's a catholic social conservative. Go figure.

Atomic_Smurf

Drug dealers also use the roads that you and I pay for. Their children go to public school that we subsidize, if they are injured they go to a public hospital. The list goes on. People who don't pay income tax use the system we established with our taxes, and it's been that way since taxes were invented. I'm not losing sleep over a hypothetical drug dealer driving on a road I helped pay for, why should I lose sleep over him insuring his family through a system I authorized with my vote and subsequently paid for? That's how taxes work, sometimes the money goes to people other than you.
Because if your family member needs an organ transplant or any medical procedure for that matter, the line just got a whole lot longer. Working for your family to provide them superior healthcare is soon to be a thing of the past. Take a number & call back in 3 months.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Johnny Paycheck

Because if your family member needs an organ transplant or any medical procedure for that matter, the line just got a whole lot longer. Working for your family to provide them superior healthcare is soon to be a thing of the past. Take a number & call back in 3 months.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I'm also told that soon I won't have to work at all and I can just live off the gov, buy Escalades, and eat lobster.

Johnny Paycheck

Sent using BrownCafe App
That's the point. The US has one of the worst healthcare systems of the western world simply because there aren't enough people in line. The line is only for the top-half (and is getting shorter, with the elimination of good FT work) and the rest don't go to the doctor until their situations become emergencies and tax-payers foot the much higher bill of emergency care. The amount of uninsured citizens in the US is appalling to people from other developed countries. Hell, :censored2:ing India has public healthcare. India!

People who need heart transplants still get heart transplants, whether they have insurance or not. Hospitals have a duty to provide care, regardless. "To say insuring more will ensure that more are able to seek medical services and that's a bad thing," is insane.

Public health has been tried and tested in Europe for decades. There is no 3 month line for emergency care. While visiting family in Germany my mother pinched a nerve in her neck on the flight over, set an appointment, saw a German doctor in a couple days (just like here), received treatment on the German tax-payer dime, recovered.

Last edited:

Atomic_Smurf

Drug dealers also use the roads that you and I pay for. Their children go to public school that we subsidize, if they are injured they go to a public hospital. The list goes on. People who don't pay income tax use the system we established with our taxes, and it's been that way since taxes were invented. I'm not losing sleep over a hypothetical drug dealer driving on a road I helped pay for, why should I lose sleep over him insuring his family through a system I authorized with my vote and subsequently paid for? That's how taxes work, sometimes the money goes to people other than you.
Yeah, they're already driving on the roads and now taking a portion of your health care. Might as well let em move in your house, dirty up the sofa & keep the family company while you're out working to make a living and pay taxes.

Sent using BrownCafe App

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
While the people who have been fighting Obamacare in KS have also been fighting for months for additional tax breaks for households making +$200,000, they let my taxes go up 2% without so much as a peep.

You said that you have no problem with people who pay no taxes using tax-funded items like roads and hospitals.

That's why your taxes are going up 2%.

Maybe you should have a problem with people free loading off the system. It might have saved your taxed from going up 2%.

Johnny Paycheck

Yeah, they're already driving on the roads and now taking a portion of your health care. Might as well let em move in your house, dirty up the sofa & keep the family company while you're out working to make a living and pay taxes.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Does everything have to be exaggerated to its illogical extreme? Your taxes pay for people you don't necessarily like and services you don't necessarily use. That's how taxes work. I can't just say "I don't drive on I-35 so I don't want any of my taxes going to maintaining that highway." or "I'm not a homeowner so I don't see why my taxes should support a fire station in my area."

Johnny Paycheck

You said that you have no problem with people who pay no taxes using tax-funded items like roads and hospitals.

That's why your taxes are going up 2%.

Maybe you should have a problem with people free loading off the system. It might have saved your taxed from going up 2%.
I'm not starving because of that 2%. I just pointed out the irony of fighting all year to protect some people's tax cuts while letting mine expire without a word.

realbrown1

While the people who have been fighting Obamacare in KS have also been fighting for months for additional tax breaks for households making +$200,000, they let my taxes go up 2% without so much as a peep.

Why not give the people making 200k a year or more tax breaks?

#1 Their tax bracket is higher than yours.
#2 They pay more taxes than you do.
#3 Every group argues for tax cuts for their group.

Johnny Paycheck

Why not give the people making 200k a year or more tax breaks?

#1 Their tax bracket is higher than yours.
#2 They pay more taxes than you do.
#3 Every group argues for tax cuts for their group.
Certain groups have more power than others. I would argue for a flat tax where everyone pays the same percentage of what they earn but that's my politics and it'll never happen in America.

Anyways, gentlemen. I have a flight to catch and a military graduation to attend so... Welcome to Teamcare.

Atomic_Smurf

I'm also told that soon I won't have to work at all and I can just live off the gov, buy Escalades, and eat lobster.
Not true. Somebody has to pull the wagon for those riding in the wagon. If obamunism continues, the kids who are taught a good workout ethic today will be slaves to those who are taught to live off the fruits of someone else's labor..

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

I say "hypothetical drug dealer" because I actually know a drug dealer and I don't think he has any plans of enrolling. We grew up next door to eachother and he was my first best friend. He voted for Romney because he's a catholic social conservative. Go figure.
99.2% chance that's a lie.

Sent using BrownCafe App

realbrown1

Certain groups have more power than others. I would argue for a flat tax where everyone pays the same percentage of what they earn but that's my politics and it'll never happen in America.

Anyways, gentlemen. I have a flight to catch and a military graduation to attend so... Welcome to Teamcare.

I am not getting Teamcare. Too bad for all those that do. Run by the same guys that ran Central States Pension. Look how well that ended up.

realbrown1

Flat tax is not where everyone pays the same. It just makes everyone pay the same percentage.

The rich will still pay more under a flat tax system.

Last edited: