The Ballot mess!

Atomic_Smurf

I fully support Obamacare and would love to see it evolve in to a single-payer system.

Sent using BrownCafe App
If you would be happy seeing your family receive the same health care as any low-rent Chicago drug dealer then single payer is for you. I prefer to work hard to provide something better for mine. I appreciate your honesty though.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
There are 11,000 pages of regulations in the ACA.
I have yet to digest them all, but am alarmed by much of what I read about it.
I wonder if any of the self proclaimed experts on this subject in this forum have read and understood them all?
I tend to yield to the select elected officials who are supposed to be acting in my best interests, a process that becomes increasingly difficult as each day passes.

Irishman Collins

Smurf, I agree that the legislation should protect all working men and women but lets face it Unions have always fought the wars and non union workers benefit from our efforts. So for that reason my emphasis is on Union workers and if or when we win the war our non union workers will again benefit from our efforts.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Smurf, I agree that the legislation should protect all working men and women but lets face it Unions have always fought the wars and non union workers benefit from our efforts. So for that reason my emphasis is on Union workers and if or when we win the war our non union workers will again benefit from our efforts.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Our management is a good example of that! We get a raise or more vacation time, they also recieve the same benefits....without paying dues!

Atomic_Smurf

Sent using BrownCafe App
I agree with most of that except in the case if Obamacare. Exempting our selves from the law does nothing to help non-union workers. It does nothing except breed resentment for unions, dividing non-union workers harshly against us. We can't demand laws only to learn of out mistake, beg to be protected & leave others to suffer the consequences of our actions. Unless the goal is to permanently destroy the power & influence of our unions we have to be aware of the publics perception of our positions.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

I tend to yield to the select elected officials who are supposed to be acting in my best interests, a process that becomes increasingly difficult as each day passes.
:rofl: I believe that most are originally interested in changing the country for the good, but after the first term, they are mainly looking out for themselves.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
:rofl: I believe that most are originally interested in changing the country for the good, but after the first term, they are mainly looking out for themselves.
I think it is the other way around in the case of the President of the United States.
The first term is spent trying to get re-elected, while the second term is spent working on their historical legacy.

As far as politicians without term limits, I agree.
They generally enter the arena with high ideals and ambitions, but are far too often "reigned in" by the good old boys and fail to represent the interests of the majority of their constituents.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm tired I had to dig a big hole in the backyard because my sump pump line is jammed up I split a bunch a damn firewood yesterday and then I hit last night it was not with my hand but they hurt like hell from chopping wood.
No I don't feel like spitting parables.
With possible metaphorical references like "digging holes", "jammed lines" and "hands that hurt from chopping wood", coupled now with "spitting parables", I still find myself trying to interpret all this innuendo?

Last edited:

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Int
With possible metaphorical references like "digging holes", "jammed lines" and "hands that hurt from chopping wood", coupled now with "spitting parables", I still find myself trying to interpret all this innuendo?
Interpret this. I'm a firewood hoarder. I can't pass up free firewood. My sum pump line that runs through the whole back yard is jammed up. I got laid for the first time in a month because my wife had surgery. So I'm a man with a lot of wood trying to fill a hole. I guess there was a meaning after all.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
If you would be happy seeing your family receive the same health care as any low-rent Chicago drug dealer then single payer is for you. I prefer to work hard to provide something better for mine. I appreciate your honesty though.
Drug dealing has healthcare? I bet the hours are better too. Hmmm.

Johnny Paycheck

Sure, with no reported income, they can sign up for obamacare free under medicare. You and I get to pay for them.

Did you not know this?

Prison inmates are all signing up for this too.

Lucky us.
Drug dealers also use the roads that you and I pay for. Their children go to public school that we subsidize, if they are injured they go to a public hospital. The list goes on. People who don't pay income tax use the system we established with our taxes, and it's been that way since taxes were invented. I'm not losing sleep over a hypothetical drug dealer driving on a road I helped pay for, why should I lose sleep over him insuring his family through a system I authorized with my vote and subsequently paid for? That's how taxes work, sometimes the money goes to people other than you.

Johnny Paycheck

While the people who have been fighting Obamacare in KS have also been fighting for months for additional tax breaks for households making +$200,000, they let my taxes go up 2% without so much as a peep.