The Biden Recession Thread

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
the other option would have been a coordinated effort between the feds and the white house to treat the economic conditions causing the runaway inflation.
open up the jets to get oil production up. put an actual transportation professional in charge of logistics to address those issues.
lot of our problems are self inflicted . We should have anticipated the actions required to restart the economy after the shut down and been a lot more proactive.

when you put small town mayors into key positions just because the guy rolled over for you during the election then you see the logistics crisis we've have.
Say what you want, Mayor Pete sure knows how to be absent in an emergency.
Screenshot_20221220_143028_Chrome.jpg

Thebrownblob

What am I going to do when Bed Bath and beyond goes out of business?

Oh that’s right not shop there just like I never did before. How the hell do they stay in business this long anyway?

PT Car Washer

Wally

What am I going to do when Bed Bath and beyond goes out of business?

Oh that’s right not shop there just like I never did before. How the hell do they stay in business this long anyway?
Gals love that place. They buy stuff like towels you are not allowed to use.

Wally

Well, then, thank God it’s going out of business. We don’t need any more doilies. Or lavender scented loofahs.
Lol, you fool! You think just because one supplier is eliminated another won't pop up? News will spread among our woman folk faster than gunfire at a rap concert!

Thebrownblob

What I have seen is where UPS used to pay PT the same wages as FT, now 2/3 of Teamsters are PT minimum wage members. And now the same thing is happening to the delivery drivers.
Really? That’s amazing coming from someone who has make sure part-timers don’t have the opportunity to go full-time sooner because what I’ve seen is more part-timers going full-time than ever before. And reaching scale in about half the years, it took me working eight years part time with a two-year progression at 10 years. I was 28 before I reached scale. We have several RPCDs who are just now 25 already top scale. They can be millionaires if they do this job correctly. It’s not perfect. It could be better, but I wasn’t involved in the contract that reduced part-time pay.