The Biden Recession Thread

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just a little inflation problem? Nothing about housing market sinking?

Screenshot_20230126_105350_Chrome.jpg

newolddude

I agree with you. There's another real estate bubble that's gonna burst.

3 bed/1 bath 1400 sq ft ranch style house on a slab, near a freeway shouldn't be $1.4 million.

Fortunately it won't be as bad as 2008.

Thebrownblob

Government spending is being counted as GDP and CPI is being calculated on just one year and does not include food, energy, or housing.

• Personal consumption accounted for 1.42% - or half - of the bottom line 2.880% GDP number; this was below last quarter's 1.54% and came in below expectations; on an annualized basis PCE was 2.1%, well below the 2.9% expected, and down from 2.3% in Q3.

Next Day Error

X - Other

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Today average gas price, $3.50 a gallon
2.1% growth That's not a bad number.
Trump in '17, his first year, the economy grew 2.3%, '18, 3%, '19, 2.2, and then '20 because of COVID, everything collapsed. Trump handed Biden a pretty strong economy. Inflation was 1.3%. Biden mucked it all up in his first year.
"Oh, the economy's great. I'm great. I know what I'm doing."
He has no clue what he's doing or saying.

newolddude

Today average gas price, $3.50 a gallon
2.1% growth That's not a bad number.
Trump in '17, his first year, the economy grew 2.3%, '18, 3%, '19, 2.2, and then '20 because of COVID, everything collapsed. Trump handed Biden a pretty strong economy. Inflation was 1.3%. Biden mucked it all up in his first year.
"Oh, the economy's great. I'm great. I know what I'm doing."
He has no clue what he's doing or saying.

So Trump brought us out of the 8 years of economic downturn caused by Obama? He turned things around? Or are you going to ignore the fact the Trump just kept riding the good wave?