The big bang theory

DriverNerd

I’ve never understood why there is so much friction between science and religion. To me they both help explain things to my limited understanding of life and my surroundings.

There isn't much friction at all with the kind of religious thinking you talk about. Many scientists are also religious. I'm an atheist and my entire extended family are religious. Many of them are scientists... Chemists, physicists, teachers, doctors, etc. I get along great with their ideals because they think like you.

The friction comes from those that argue against scientific facts. e.g. age of the earth, dinosaur bones, evolution, etc. I'm not talking about those that might have an argument with one thing in particular, but with those that say "nope, it says otherwise in this old book" and argue with every scientific discovery.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I’ve never understood why there is so much friction between science and religion. To me they both help explain things to my limited understanding of life and my surroundings. Neither one of its own nature insists that the other is false or evil or “wrong”.

And yet in some twisted self ego stroking way individuals on both sides try so hard to “prove” the other somehow flawed.
We finally found something we both agree on.
Nice. :)

newfie

There isn't much friction at all with the kind of religious thinking you talk about. Many scientists are also religious. I'm an atheist and my entire extended family are religious. Many of them are scientists... Chemists, physicists, teachers, doctors, etc. I get along great with their ideals because they think like you.
the more i have studied the complexity of science the more I've come to believe there is no way all that could evolve by accident.

rickyb

The theory is that 18 to 20 BILLION YEARS (a long time), all the matter in the universe (a lot of stuff) was concentrated into a very dense, small, and hot area.

The idea began with the Belgian astronomer Georges Edward Lemaitre. Lemaitre said this mass to be "no more than a few light years in diameter, and at very least it would be two light years."

In 1965 that figure was reduced to 275 million miles

In 1972, reduced to 71 million miles

In 1974, reduced to 54 thousand miles

By 1983, to a "trillionth the diameter of a proton"

And now, nothing at all?

The theory is that this tiny space packed with all the matter (or nothing depending on who you ask) spun faster and faster until kaboom. The big bang! And the pieces that flew off became galaxies, suns, moons, and stars right?

CONSERVATION OF ANGULAR MOMENTUM: If a spinning object breaks apart, the spinning objects that fly off are going to spin the same direction, because the outside is moving faster than the inside.

If the universe began as a spinning dot, why do 2 planets and possibly Pluto spin backwards? Why do 8 of the 91 known moons spin backwards?
i dunno i just did entry level physics and they didnt mention this.

biology has something which says the universe bends towards chaos not order. an example would be your room getting messy.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King

If you believe in evolution, you have a lot of faith in nothing rather than facts.

Some assumptions theorized that are totally unproven and unprovable:

(1) non-living things gave rise to living material, i.e. spontaneous generation occurred.

(2) spontaneous generation occurred only once.

(3) viruses, bacteria, plants and animals are all interrelated.

(4) the Protozoa (single-celled organisms) gave rise to the Metazoa (multi-celled organisms).

(5) the various invertebrate phlya (organisms without a backbone) are interrelated.

(6) the invertebrates gave rise to the vertebrates (animals with backbones).

(7) within the vertebrates the fish gave rise to the amphibia, the amphibia to the reptiles, and reptiles to the birds and mammals.

All of these assumptions are just that, assumptions. They are not facts. The acceptance of these assumptions are not on the basis of provable evidence or science.

Live it up.​

BrownFlush

So you don't believe in evolution at all? Do you think humans were just created 5000 years ago?
How do you believe in a "little" evolution? Which of the unprovable assumptions do you want to believe?
I don't know how old the earth or man is.
I believe God created.
How old was Adam 5 seconds after God breathed life into him? I guarantee you he wasn't a 5 second old new born. He was a full grown man.
Creation.. the first tree, rock, etc....how old? You can't think about time in our terms when you talk about creation and something that never existed before.
It is as old as God made it.

BrownFlush

I can see someone believing in evolution and not believing in spontaneous creating of life.
Given the facts, I can't believe anyone could believe evolution,
Talk about blind faith, that's all evolution is. It really is just a theory taught has fact to aid the secular humanist in denying the existence of God the Creator.
All the facts point to things physical had a beginning and a Creator of those things. The perfection of such, to think it evolved from nothing is laughable.
Oh yeah, don't forget, it is impossible for anything to come from nothing.Fact.

rickyb

Given the facts, I can't believe anyone could believe evolution,
Talk about blind faith, that's all evolution is. It really is just a theory taught has fact to aid the secular humanist in denying the existence of God the Creator.
All the facts that point to the things physical had a beginning and a Creator of those things. The perfection of such, to think it evolved from nothing is laughable.
Oh yeah, don't forget, it is impossible for anything to come from nothing.Fact.
u need to listen to chris hedges. hes covered a certain kind of christians in america who believe in evolution.