The BOSS IS COMING TO OUR STATION

hypo hanna

If I could be certain it was "rampant speculation", I would give it in a heart beat. But the more I think about it, the more I think it really is doable, probable, and absolutely genius. I'm just disappointed that I didn't see it coming a long time ago. I must be getting old.

Don't beat yourself up BB. These are professional con men. A higher order of thief that you are dealing with. They have been stealing from the best and brightest of us for years.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If I could be certain it was "rampant speculation", I would give it in a heart beat. But the more I think about it, the more I think it really is doable, probable, and absolutely genius. I'm just disappointed that I didn't see it coming a long time ago. I must be getting old.

'Genius" at FedEx usually doesn't turn out that well. Umm...DRA.

overflowed

BB buddy I know you think all of us Express people are paranoid idiots, over reacting babies. That's fine. Hanna said something that is ridiculous if you are not part of Express. This fine lady said "higher order of thief that you are dealing with." Now from what I recall you revealing and sense from you, I'll rephrase it differently. Higher order thief than you are used to dealing with and way more sneaky bro. While reading these things I immediately thought they put it there for you guys to see. The paper.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
BB buddy I know you think all of us Express people are paranoid idiots, over reacting babies. That's fine. Hanna said something that is ridiculous if you are not part of Express. This fine lady said "higher order of thief that you are dealing with." Now from what I recall you revealing and sense from you, I'll rephrase it differently. Higher order thief than you are used to dealing with and way more sneaky bro. While reading these things I immediately thought they put it there for you guys to see. The paper.

bbsam is a smart guy...he'll eventually figure it out and get out while the getting is still good.

bbsam

Staff member

You are giving our local management staff far too much credit.

bbsam

Staff member

I would agree if I could find a motive in it. They are nearing panic. Putting a paper out like this for our consumption does nothing for them. I know I'm getting mine this peak. I don't know how they are getting theirs done, but this does give a glimpse of their mindset and I'd say it's consistent with what we have seen from them in the past.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I would agree if I could find a motive in it. They are nearing panic. Putting a paper out like this for our consumption does nothing for them. I know I'm getting mine this peak. I don't know how they are getting theirs done, but this does give a glimpse of their mindset and I'd say it's consistent with what we have seen from them in the past.

Their panic is a direct result of piss-poor planning. Doing this service switcheroo is a last-minute, what can I pull out of my ass, desperation move. A "Hail Mary" that is being thrown into your own end zone. This Peak is going to be a meltdown.

bbsam

Staff member
Correct. T
Their panic is a direct result of piss-poor planning. Doing this service switcheroo is a last-minute, what can I pull out of my ass, desperation move. A "Hail Mary" that is being thrown into your own end zone. This Peak is going to be a meltdown.
Correct. But that doesn't mean it will be viewed as unsuccessful. They are going to make ALOT of money. So to answer your question from earlier in the week, no, they are not throwing me under the bus. They are throwing you under the bus...again.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Correct. TCorrect. But that doesn't mean it will be viewed as unsuccessful. They are going to make ALOT of money. So to answer your question from earlier in the week, no, they are not throwing me under the bus. They are throwing you under the bus...again.

Yes, they will make a lot of money, but they will piss-off a lot of customers in the process. I see mountains of undelivered freight sitting at Express stations this year, and a really disastrous Peak from an operational perspective. Little Timmy is going to get his Xmas present on or around January 1st, and so are a lot of other folks. I hope we get lots of perishables this year, so they sit and rot while customers fume. Nothing like delivering a rotten Omaha Steaks package or something else that goes bad fast.

I think you'd better invest in a creeper so you can move in and out from under the bus more easily. Your time is coming. Smith is Satan and Hitler combined in a corporate leader.

overflowed

See, this is what you don't fully understand about the management we deal with. I wouldn't think this way before I worked here. They do these types of things all the time with us. I think they're trying to scare some of you into compliance. I know, I know that it's their contract blah blah. But, it works for them with most of us. Why not try it with people that aren't their employees. Like you say the line keeps getting blurrier anyway. The thing that gets to me with the way they operate that really irks me, is this behavior is very childlike and I would react much better if I was told directly about something than beat around the bush and leave papers out. And they don't need a motive to do dumb stuff. Happens all the time. Even more when they're panicked.

bbsam

Staff member
And I've thought of that angle too and it simply makes no sense whatsoever. If they truly are thinking about doing this (and I have no doubt they are), it doesn't have any fear component to it whatsoever. If we don't go above and beyond, they give it to their temps. In this case, they've found a way to attempt to utilize Express couriers as temps. What are we supposed to be afraid of?

hypo hanna

I don't see how this could work. They can't get the algorithms to work for DRA which is a few hundred stops at select stations. How could they possibly come up with a program that would work for tens of thousands of packages across the entire fedex system. The other issue I see is that these packages are going at a severly discounted rate. When they bump the on time delivery of a full price package, its a double loss. We are doing enough of that already with the Apple shipments etc. Deals end up costing the company way more money they they generate.

Since Fred S and friends will take those losses out of the Hourlies compensation, they don't see it as a loss.