The Califate has started.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
And the government who makes those restrictions is the same government who has a vested interest in maintaning the status quo--gas taxes and a bloated, never-ending military presence in the Persian Gulf. The idea that its OK to drive around in a 10MPG Hummer while banning a VW Lupo that gets eight times the fuel mileage because it "pollutes" too much is utterly ridiculous.

I really like those hydrogen cars. The cost of them right now is steep. But the only pollutions are pure H2o.

The websites claim that biodiesel is much cleaner then gas. Yet, they made the same claim to ethanol. Studies have shown that ethanol pollutes twice as much as gas does. They can claim its clean, but does futher study into the subject prove otherwise.

There was a study done with motorcycles. The claim was that cycles were cleaner then cars, seems legit. Yet the study proved that the cycles produce a different type of pollution then cars. What is called hydrocarbon, which is worse for the environment.

We can claim this and that is cleaner and cheaper to use. But to what effect will it have on us and others.

Hydrogen cars sound great because the only pollution the CARS make is water. However the amount of pollution to create that hydrogen is very high.

Kind of like how corn ethanol is just about the least efficient way to make ethanol out there. Take away the government subsidies and ethical would be $5-6 a gallon easy.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I drive a 2012 Prius, and my wife has a 2012 Prius "C".

The battery pack on the Prius is waranteed for 8 years and 120,000 miles so your statement that the batteries need to be replaced every 4 years is untrue. In reality, it is quite common for the battery packs in Priuses to last well over 200,000 miles and there are quite a few 10+ year old Prii that are still driving around on the original batteries. Last year when my wife bought her Prius "C" (the compact version) she was on a waiting list to get one, and in reality these cars are becoming more and more popular as time goes on. I see many Prii being used as taxi cabs, which is hard use for a car and a testament to the overall reliablity and cost-effectiveness of these vehicles. One other factor to consider is that the cost of battery replacement is offset by the increased longetivity of the engine, transmission and brake systems on these cars that is the result of the electric motors and batteries doing a significant portion of the low speed work.

Hey, its what I've heard online and heard from a few people that have owned them. I dont see them on the road too often. I see more toyota camrys and toyota corollas, which I own a corolla. Great MPG, low maintenance and I can work on the standers. Change its oil, filter and others. Which most cars nowadays you cant even change the oil.

Have you changed the battery yet? If you have, whats the cost overall?

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Hydrogen cars sound great because the only pollution the CARS make is water. However the amount of pollution to create that hydrogen is very high.

Kind of like how corn ethanol is just about the least efficient way to make ethanol out there. Take away the government subsidies and ethical would be $5-6 a gallon easy.

Very true. With you and sober, I know you see the good in things, yet also see the bad in them aswell as do I. Whatever it is, there is always a problem.

Yet, ethanol is measured in gallons, not liters. Alcohol should be easy to make and use in cars. Yet, for some reason it isnt. And has that given the reason to raise gas prices? Since they started to add 10% of ethanol to gas.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Amen, we to stop sending money to a lot countries. We are the most giving country in the world, and it needs to stop. We got bigger problems here.

I agree that we should stop foreign aid, but if we completely cut off ALL foreign aid, it wouldn't really make any difference at all.
Foreign aid estimates for 2013 is at roughly 23 billion dollars, and foreign military aid is at about 14 billion. So about 37 billion total.

The United States accumulated almost 360 billion in interest on our debt alone last year. The real problems are social security, medicare, and military spending; All of which are political suicide to suggest cuts to.

chart_3.jpg
chart_3.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
You forget to mention that Medicare and S.S. both were paid into by us........the gov't spent (stole) the money !!!! That's why the slice is soooo big. Did you forget that part?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You forget to mention that Medicare and S.S. both were paid into by us........the gov't spent (stole) the money !!!! That's why the slice is soooo big. Did you forget that part?

Almost everyone will get way more out of it than they ever put into it. Did you forget that part?

Also, you are not receiving BACK the money you put into it. It is unfunded, the benefits paid out are funded by current tax payers. It is a ponzi scheme.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's unfunded because the gov't used it.
And you know when everyone will die.....you'd have to to know how much someone will draw.
If you die one year after retirement......guess what? You don't get back what you paid in.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It's unfunded because the gov't used it.
And you know when everyone will die.....you'd have to to know how much someone will draw.
If you die one year after retirement......guess what? You don't get back what you paid in.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It is political suicide to suggest cuts to social security and medicare. I know facts are not important to you, I have learned that through almost everything you post.

Whether you paid into them or not, they are a drain on this country and will destroy it from within.

Since you don't want to accept cuts to those programs, how bout the military? We have hundreds of bases all around the world for no damn reason. We fight unfunded, undeclared wars in the middle east for no damn reason. How bout we close all these bases, and bring our troops home today?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't think we are at war with Germany.....why is anyone there? Put them instead on our borders.
Greece? England? Italy? Romania? Slovakia? etc, etc.

DS

Fenderbender
Kent State was bad enough when the military resorts to shooting a few unarmed kids.
Killing 600 civilians is unprecedented in this day and age.
If Mohammed and Jesus ran into each other,they would work it out over hummus,
​bread and wine.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I drive a 2012 Prius, and my wife has a 2012 Prius "C".

The battery pack on the Prius is waranteed for 8 years and 120,000 miles so your statement that the batteries need to be replaced every 4 years is untrue. In reality, it is quite common for the battery packs in Priuses to last well over 200,000 miles and there are quite a few 10+ year old Prii that are still driving around on the original batteries. Last year when my wife bought her Prius "C" (the compact version) she was on a waiting list to get one, and in reality these cars are becoming more and more popular as time goes on. I see many Prii being used as taxi cabs, which is hard use for a car and a testament to the overall reliablity and cost-effectiveness of these vehicles. One other factor to consider is that the cost of battery replacement is offset by the increased longetivity of the engine, transmission and brake systems on these cars that is the result of the electric motors and batteries doing a significant portion of the low speed work.

Hey, its what I've heard online and heard from a few people that have owned them. I dont see them on the road too often. I see more toyota camrys and toyota corollas, which I own a corolla. Great MPG, low maintenance and I can work on the standers. Change its oil, filter and others. Which most cars nowadays you cant even change the oil.

Have you changed the battery yet? If you have, whats the cost overall?

Half the cars I see on the road around here are Priuses. As far as oil changes go...its easy enough for me to do but since it uses synthetic oil with a 10,000 mile change interval, its not something I am that concerned about. My car is a 2012 model with 12k miles on it so it will be another 10 years before battery replacement will be an issue.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The real costs of hybrid and electric cars lies in the the research and development phase. Toyota just within the past year or two, has finally started to see a return on the some 10 billion dollars they spent to create the prius (about a decade after it's first release). Chevrolet has the same problem with the volt, it will take years for them to start to see a profit.

That's why a lot of companies keep producing gas guzzling vehicles. They are not willing to take the risks associated with the new technology when people are still buying up hummers and escalades. Lack of innovation is why the american auto industry has been failing, not unions or whatever other reason the right will think up.

I gotta give props to chevrolet for the risk they took with the Volt. The knowledge, patents, and infrastructure that they gained to produce similar vehicles in the future, might just save them.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I don't think we are at war with Germany.....why is anyone there? Put them instead on our borders.
I cant tell if you are serious with this comment or not so I will both humour your question as well as try to educate you: The US has bases in Germany to protect Western Europe from an invasion from the Soviets. These bases have been there since 1945 and they arent going anywhere anytime soon

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I cant tell if you are serious with this comment or not so I will both humour your question as well as try to educate you: The US has bases in Germany to protect Western Europe from an invasion from the Soviets. These bases have been there since 1945 and they arent going anywhere anytime soon

Why is the US protecting Western Europe?

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

Since we've not had to worry about the "Evil Empire" invasion for a couple decades, what purpose do they really serve?