The Califate has started.

island1fox

Anything is possible in the future --including us "progressing" back to the stone age.

I tried in good faith to get solar panels put on my cave --I mean home --the solar panel company --not only wanted over thirty grand for the project ----they would not be responsible for any damage or leaks on my roof !!!

I did my part in other ways ---I have a Hybrid suv and I keep my boat in the water:wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I've got no problem with change..........but change for the worse is not happening for me.
I won't drive a p.o.s. car.
I won't have ugly looking solar panels on my house. (we see them in CA. and they are ugly !!)
I won't run my toaster by pedaling a bike. (like Begley)
I conserve water by not letting it run while I brush my teeth.
Just common sense stuff is all I do.
They want you to take your own cloth bags to the grocery store....they don't mention the salmonella on them from the chicken you bought last trip)
I can do wonders with leftovers.....in that way, nothing goes to waste.
I used to recycle religiously....until I saw them dump it all into one truck.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Anything is possible in the future --including us "progressing" back to the stone age.

One of the greatest technological and engineering accomplishments the world has ever seen was the Manhattan Project that ultimately harnessed the atom and built the first atomic bomb in 1945.

The sheer scale of the resources and brain power and large scale engineering that were committed to the success of the project was unprecedented in human history. In just a few short years we made quantum leaps forward in our knowledge and understanding of physics. The Manhattan Project is an example of what we as a nation are capable of accomplishing if we devote enough resources to the task.

What we need at this point in time...is a Manhattan Project for energy independence. The status quo...relying on oil that is controlled by nations on the other side of the world that are hostile to us....is unsustainable. Polluting the air with coal or polluting the oceans with oil spills and deep sea drilling disasters such as what happened in the Gulf of Mexico is also unsustainable.

We need to treat energy independence as a war, that must be won at all costs. Our future, and the future of our grandchildren and their grandchildren...depends upon it.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
I've got no problem with change..........but change for the worse is not happening for me.
2010-tesla-roadster-6_600x0w.jpg

I won't have ugly looking solar panels on my house. (we see them in CA. and they are ugly !!)
SRS%20SoleTiles.jpg

They want you to take your own cloth bags to the grocery store....they don't mention the salmonella on them from the chicken you bought last trip)
Wash them afterwards, duh!
Single-stream recycling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

island1fox

Yet if a present day "Manhattan project" pointed out a safe and cost effective way to use our own oil and gas reserves --the left would still object --I say USE everything --renewable , solar , wind ,gas . oil ---whatever --just do not depend on the Middle East.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

My Prius has plenty of power, plenty of head and leg room, it seats 4 adults comfortably, its well equipped with all power options, AC and an awesome touch screen stereo. It also has a 5 star crash safety rating, and it is ranked as one of the most reliable cars on the road. I get 45 MPG easily. Its not a POS.

As far as solar panels go, I personally think that Southern California's polluted brown air is a hell of a lot uglier than solar panels on a roof. If every home had solar panels, they would simply become the new normal. And I am a helluva lot far more concerned with the well being of future generations than I am about the cosmetic appearance of my roof.

moreluck

golden ticket member
My Prius has plenty of power, plenty of head and leg room, it seats 4 adults comfortably, its well equipped with all power options, AC and an awesome touch screen stereo. It also has a 5 star crash safety rating, and it is ranked as one of the most reliable cars on the road. I get 45 MPG easily. Its not a POS.

As far as solar panels go, I personally think that Southern California's polluted brown air is a hell of a lot uglier than solar panels on a roof. If every home had solar panels, they would simply become the new normal. And I am a helluva lot far more concerned with the well being of future generations than I am about the cosmetic appearance of my roof.
I'm sorry, I can't express my true feelings about the Prius.......I like you too much and I'm glad you enjoy your car.