The consignee's lawn is...

The consignee's lawn is...

• Total voters

rod

Retired 22 years
You missed his point. You say that you don't send a message asking for help but by sending an ETA of 2130 you are asking for help.

Actually if management operates the same way as it used too just saying you won't be done til 9:30 probably won't get you any help. They have all gone home by 5:30 anyway. You would have to draw them a picture and thumbtack it to their forehead to actually get their attention.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Actually if management operates the same way as it used too just saying you won't be done til 9:30 probably won't get you any help. They have all gone home by 5:30 anyway. You would have to draw them a picture and thumbtack it to their forehead to actually get their attention.

Things have changed since the horse and buggy days--please try to keep up.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
After he glances at the next five stop he mentally comes up with delivery plan
Now with all the whiz kids behind the computer screen setting up your route for you stop by stop, why do you think you would have to come up with a delivery plan? After all, that defeats the purpose of the plan. You dont have to think or plan, yours is to carry out their plan. All hail their plan.

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Now with all the whiz kids behind the computer screen setting up your route for you stop by stop, why do you think you would have to come up with a delivery plan? After all, that defeats the purpose of the plan. You dont have to think or plan, yours is to carry out their plan. All hail their plan.

d
Which is a prime example of why I look at my EDD before I leave the building. I had 32 stops yesterday and if I had done it the way it was 'rted' I would have had 100 miles instead of the 79 that I did have. :dissapointed:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Strange, all helpers at my orientation were specifically told to walk on lawns (if it's the fastest route). I avoid flowerbeds and such as much as possible, but I have no problem walking through someone's yard. I've been doing it for 4 weeks now and haven't heard any complaints or requests not too. Even if someone did complain, I'd still probably do it. Someone that cares about their lawn more than the welfare of others and actually thinks a few steps on their lawn is going to destroy it should never be given any kind of satisfaction.
Caper, seeing you are new here, I will cut you some slack.

The guy at your orientation did not do his job properly. He actually did a huge dis-service. That is assuming you were actually paying attention in class.......

UPS company wide policy is to use walk paths. That is driveway, side walk, decks etc that are actually there for human foot traffic. The last resort is lawn. Period. That is in writing, and available to all that want to look it up.

That being said, there are/were a lot of places that had a walk path that was where the grass used to be, but because of foot traffic etc, the grass had died. That is also considered a walk path.

As far as your lack of concern for the customers wishes and needs, that is a good indicator of how well you would not fit at UPS. AFter all, the S stands for service. OR it used to......

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Which is a prime example of why I look at my EDD before I leave the building. I had 32 stops yesterday and if I had done it the way it was 'rted' I would have had 100 miles instead of the 79 that I did have.
Dilly, are you actually trying to tell me that you, a lowly truck driver that has never had any college degree to tell people how smart you are, that you are smarter than all the super UBER educated IE types that have spent millions of dollars setting up the plan? All hail the plan.

That just cant be. There is no way that you country bumpkins can be that smart. That is heresy. No one is smarter than the plan. All hail the plan.

d

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Most of my lawns suck. The ones that are nice, I dont step in. I usually use the walkway, if there is one. I would never hurt a manicured lawn, mostly they are just weed beds, no one cares, and its usually less holey than the drive, if there is one

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Toon

You do bring up a very valid point. I have delivered to many a home where the driveway was paved by general Custer's brother. The lawn is much smoother and level.

But you must follow the plan, all hail the plan.

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dilly, are you actually trying to tell me that you, a lowly truck driver that has never had any college degree to tell people how smart you are, that you are smarter than all the super UBER educated IE types that have spent millions of dollars setting up the plan? All hail the plan.

That just cant be. There is no way that you country bumpkins can be that smart. That is heresy. No one is smarter than the plan. All hail the plan.

d
No Danny, I'm really just a dumb truck driver that has a life -------- at home. :wink2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

danny, I find it ironic and a bit pathetic that you come here, climb on to your soapbox and preach chapter and verse from the 340 Methods Bible, yet when you have concerns with deliveries to your own business, which most of here agree do not come even close to meeting our minimum standards, you decline to take substantive action to correct the situation and choose instead to come here, post pictures and whine about it.

As far as lawns go---unless a homeowner requests that I do not walk on their lawn I will continue to use the most direct path PC to FD.

Dave

tourists24

here is the message I got on my DIAD verbatim the other day ( I even took a pic of it). "Avoid cutting through yards. Stay on sidewalks and driveways. It is hard to see trip hazards in yards." This is an instrutction Upstate. Would you obey it?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
...and each center has a retiree who simply cannot move on.
And each center an insecure pompous .......nah, not worth it.

UP, we have moved on, problem is, once a UPSER, always a UPSer. You cant bleed brown for 30+ years and all of a sudden its another color.

And for all your mumbo jumbo on how UPS has changed so much, the basics are still the same. Long hours, management that continues to want more and more production, while demanding the hourly do more to placate those in upper management.

d

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
here is the message I got on my DIAD verbatim the other day ( I even took a pic of it). "Avoid cutting through yards. Stay on sidewalks and driveways. It is hard to see trip hazards in yards." This is an instrutction Upstate. Would you obey it?

This is what you would call an insulatory message.
As soon as you hurt yourself on somebody's front lawn Nancy, "they" would say you where trained to the contrary.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I received this message I would follow the instruction as I work as directed; until then, direct path PC to FD.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I thought we were supposed to lay on the horn until the customer runs out to the truck to grab their merchandise.

I know (think?) that you were joking but this is how it works when I deliver NDA to Empire Vision. I am there before they open so I beep the horn and by the time I secure the PC, select and scan their pkg(s) they are at the car waiting to sign. I also get to Gamestop before they open and do the same thing to get them to open the door.

Indecisi0n

I know (think?) that you were joking but this is how it works when I deliver NDA to Empire Vision. I am there before they open so I beep the horn and by the time I secure the PC, select and scan their pkg(s) they are at the car waiting to sign. I also get to Gamestop before they open and do the same thing to get them to open the door.

Your not suppose to scan packages in the PC.